PDA

View Full Version : Eating cold food?

lostboyrufio
03-02-2008, 09:06 AM
All right, I'm at school all day from 8-5 plus I workout right after. Buying food at the student center is usually out of the option since there's only a couple smart choices to buy there but the prices for those foods are outrageous. I could bring food from home but I was wondering if there was any danger in eating cold meat (chicken breast for example) that was cooked already. For example, I prepare my meal the next before, put it in the refrigerator and take it straight from there the next day to school and eat it like that around lunch time.

Thanks.

Notorious
03-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Nope, no problem. People eat cold ham, turkey, roast beef, fish, etc all the time.

andrewnp
03-02-2008, 09:28 AM
9/10 times i eat food cold out of the fridge instead of heating it up. pasta, chicken, steak, ravioli, anything...especially cold scrambled eggs.

Slim Schaedle
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I once got meat loaf in the chow hall when I was deployed.

Then I got seconds, put it in the humvee, and ate it 3 hours later.

Considering it was about 120 degrees at night, I am not sure if that would be considered hot or cold.

But yeah, cold is fine.

lostboyrufio
03-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

MihalikPJ
03-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I once got meat loaf in the chow hall when I was deployed.

Then I got seconds, put it in the humvee, and ate it 3 hours later.

Considering it was about 120 degrees at night, I am not sure if that would be considered hot or cold.

But yeah, cold is fine.

Ugg, sounds delicious!

FireRescue
03-03-2008, 05:24 AM
I do not know of any reason not to eat food cold. Personally I would rather eat cold food vs. using a microwave to heat it up.