PDA

View Full Version : A week off...phew

kevowamo
03-04-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm currently bulking. Have been for 2 months. Since I've been going so hard and my back hurts this week, I figured it would be a good time to take this week off and let my nervous system recharge. My question is, should I eat less since I won't be working out? If so, how much less? Any suggestions/personal experiences/recommendations would great. Thanks guys (and gals)!

mickyjune26
03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I'd eat the same. You don't want to lose weight during a break. You may consider shifting a little towards protein and healthy fat cals, since your body won't be needing as much carbs. This will help minimize any spikes in your insulin, due to carbs that your body doesn't need. The last thing you want is for your body to become insulin resistant.

brihead301
03-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I'd just eat exactly the same way you always do during this week off. Seriously, it won't make you instantly fat and out-of-shape just by resting. I take a week off every 8 weeks, and I eat just the same.

mickyjune26
03-04-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah, i didn't mean to sound too technical on the last post. It's just if you are feeling groggy cause you're eating the same amount of carbs, but without workouts...you may consider eating more protein and fats instead.

kevowamo
03-04-2008, 10:33 AM
what about protein intake? maintain or drop a little?

mickyjune26
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
keep your calories the same, just drop your carbs if you feel sluggish and replace with calories from proteins and healthy fats.

for example, I have an office job where I'm not moving....at all, lol. I have found that I have the most energy when I minimize my carbs during the workday and get most my carbs before and after the workout.

I use healthy fats to help with keeping my calories intake high during the day, so I don't have to eat 10 pounds of meat at work.

I'm not trying to get too complicated here, just saying that carbs should go down if you are feeling sluggish after eating them.

kevowamo
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
yea i have a desk job too..it sucks. thanks for the help though man

mickyjune26
03-04-2008, 11:39 AM
yeah dude, i'm seriously considering becoming a teacher in a few years. Then i'd be able to move around and talk the whole day. I'm just bouncin around in this chair right now, full o' energy.

have a great week off!