PDA

View Full Version : Diet and shift work

cjones5632
03-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Hey guys and gals, I was just wondering if any of you worked a rotating shift? I rotate between nights and days every four days. I'm not really sure the best way to eat around this schedule. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

I try to eat on night shift just like days, but I wake up 3-4hrs before I go to work on nights and right on time for days.

BPM Osgood
03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
When I worked Shift work (which S**Ks) I would eat every three hours from when I got up to when I went to bed. If I was having a hard time eatting food (more on night shifts) I would just have a Protein Shake instead of a meal.

Hope everything works out for you Brother!

cjones5632
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks BPM, that's pretty much what I do as well. It does s**k, but I do like my four days off.

BPM Osgood
03-06-2008, 06:33 PM
lol I know 4 days off in a row is sweet! I now work sat-monday Days!, and have four days off, its awesome! I do work odd jobs during the week and do personal training but it helps the 4 days go by!

The Bran Man
03-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks BPM, that's pretty much what I do as well. It does s**k, but I do like my four days off.

I used to do the same except when I was on nights I was ALWAYS hungry.

themidnighter
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Hey guys and gals, I was just wondering if any of you worked a rotating shift? I rotate between nights and days every four days. I'm not really sure the best way to eat around this schedule. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

I try to eat on night shift just like days, but I wake up 3-4hrs before I go to work on nights and right on time for days.

Just make sure you eat every 2-3 hours. That should take care of things.