PDA

View Full Version : I can't take it anymore!

vdizenzo
03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I just need to vent. I am sure we all do. I am just so sick and "f"ing tired of the routine. I don't mind the training so much, but diet and supplementation are killing me. I am either cooking, eating, making shakes, drinking shakes, taking pills, mixing creatine/glutamine drinks, etc. Grrrrrrrrr! People just do not know what goes into this. Come on people, vent a little with me...

Keith
03-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey, at least you have the size and stength that you do to back up all that damn work!

WillKuenzel
03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
LOL, I completely understand. I was actually a little relieved to find out I had to do some dieting to get back down to my weight class. I wouldn't do it if I didn't want to take a shot at my state record in the deadlift. Otherwise, I'd still be vying to get into Rhodestown. But it comes as a nice break not to have to force feed myself.

Tim K
03-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Vinny,

If this stuff were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Hell, I think I've eaten so damned many skinless chicken breasts I'm growing feathers and ****tin' eggs. I'm tired of chicken, oatmeal, brown rice, ground turkey, and tuna. My last order of protien mix got lost in the mail. That is money I'll never see again.

Waking up 30 to 45 minutes early to eat... WTF??? And guess what is for lunch? Grilled chicken breasts!

And do you know what the worst part of it all is? I don't have a bench worth bragging about!

HP666
03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Vinnie, I gotta tell you, while I am still striving to get to your level, I hear ya brother. My wife busts my balls all the time for bitching about cooking, making shakes, etc. Sunday night I was cooking ground beef, chicken breast, broccoli, and spinach in LARGE quantities, to have in the fridge to bring for lunch and whatnot; as well as chopping up peppers and onions to have in the fridge for omelets. All I do is complain the whole time because it takes what seems like forever. This is a common occurrence at my house. As far as shakes and supplements, my problem is getting ready to leave the house. Like today for instance, I was training at 8AM, so I get up at 6:30. After training I go directly to work, so I need all my stuff for the day done before 7:30 when I leave for the gym. SO, have a shake for breakfast, then come back for the RESULTS, then pack a shake for PWO, and another shake for one hour after that, then fill water bottles for the gym, then pack two meals for the rest of the day, then get pissed trying to find a very small Tupperwear bowl, (which I'm SURE my wife lost), to put my fish oil, ETS, Multi, Glucosamine-Chondroitine so I can take those with me and take them after my first post workout meal, find clothes to bring to wear after I shower at work, it's just like a laundry list of bull****, some of which I should get done the night before, but hey, that's too easy. I'd rather bitch about it in the morning. So that just annoys the living crap out of me right there. Once I get all my crap packed and in the car, well then I'm good; it's time to get strong!!!!

Stumprrp
03-05-2008, 10:55 AM
im just really sick of eating like crap in general, i shouldnt be worried about it at my age but i do feel crappy at just 240lbs, therefore i will be cutting up a bit to maybe 210, then work my way back up a bit slower and cleaner, i hit my goal of 240 lbs but hell i wont go anymore, the stretch mark, pimples, and all that stuff really SUCKS.

k_nine110
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Just the sheer price of food pisses me off to no end. Its seems as if every time that I think that i am gonna find a deal the price of what ever I am looking for goes thru the roof. I am just glad that they have a meat market for me to at least get what I am looking for. I will say that one island of reality in my sea of diarrhea has been the Rocket Grill. I friggin love this thing!!!!! I mean I love it!!!

nhlfan
03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I hate tuna, but I eat it anyways.

I'm always hungry. Eating more just works to turbocharge my appetite for some reason.

bigbadwolfe
03-05-2008, 01:21 PM
I just need to vent. I am sure we all do. I am just so sick and "f"ing tired of the routine. I don't mind the training so much, but diet and supplementation are killing me. I am either cooking, eating, making shakes, drinking shakes, taking pills, mixing creatine/glutamine drinks, etc. Grrrrrrrrr! People just do not know what goes into this. Come on people, vent a little with me...

Shut up Sissy Boy and Suck it up!!!!

Hahahahaha!!!!

I'll tell you all what I have been eating a little more then I should be and getting a FEW more calories then I should be but my size and strength are through the roof!!!!

So sorry Vin I cant vent right now I'm having WAY TO MUCH FUN getting BIG!!! But when my Fat ass has to diet this 30 pounds back off I'll vent with ya :)

brihead301
03-05-2008, 02:30 PM
It is a bit of a pain in the a**, but I have gotten used to it. Constantly eating and never skipping workouts. I'm not really as hardcore about it as some of you are, but I'm pretty damn serious about it. I haven't skipped a workout in almost a year. I kind of slack off on the diet part of it on weekends, but I still do my best to eat as much as possible then.

Forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry is a b**** sometimes. Like after I eat a 1000 calorie breakfast at 7:30 in the morning. I eat again at 9:30 am, and it's not easy, because I'm NEVER in the mood for food at that time. Then lunchtime at 12:00, and so on.... It's a biotch, but the strength and size gains make it all worth it.

Rusty
03-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Go throw one off then hit McDonalds, and all will be well!

mickyjune26
03-05-2008, 03:08 PM
It used to be a pain, but I increased the fat cals and it's been easier lately...and I'm just waiting for my BF to jump, but it hasn't so far.

I just cringe, thinking about the day when I'm over 275 (or maybe 300) and I have to eat 5500 - 6000 cals.

Sure is fun getting big though. I like to scare small children....and small people.

Brad263
03-05-2008, 03:12 PM
My biggest problems are weekends. After going out and staying up late I sleep in until like noon. Waking up at noon makes it really hard to get in 3500-4000 calories. I am not a fan of chugging PWO shakes either so thats a major pain. I love working out so thats not a problem its getting the time to get a good workout in that pisses me off. I hate rushing it but I always am.

View 1
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
To me cutting sucks, but than again its my fault why I am cutting in the first place.

I love being at the gym, its something that I do for me and me alone, I feel better about myself, its one of the few areas in my life where I set goals and then break them. To me nothing is more satisfying than that.

Travis Bell
03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Every time I make a shake, mix creatine or make my next meal, i'm always thinkin bout that bigger bench. Its the only reason I do it. Sometimes it gets hard and I let it go for a couple of days, but then I get right back on it. This is what seperates us from everyone else

vdizenzo
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Every time I make a shake, mix creatine or make my next meal, i'm always thinkin bout that bigger bench. Its the only reason I do it. Sometimes it gets hard and I let it go for a couple of days, but then I get right back on it. This is what seperates us from everyone else

This was especially helpful. Thanks everyone.

LouPac
03-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey Vinny, what weight class do you compete at?

bjohnso
03-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I hear ya. I hate chugging a 1500cal shake and then being sleepy and sweating for 2-3 hours afterward. Sometimes I wish I never found WBB. Ignorance was bliss, back in the day.

Detard
03-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Yep, eating breakfast at 8.30, then eating my second breakfast at 9.30, then eating lunch at 11.30, then another lunch at 1 sucks the most. Especially when my teachers are yelling at me for eating in class again. They just dont understand though...

chris mason
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Vinny, I understand how you feel, but I think you could get as much or more from your nutrition and have a much more normal eating schedule. You need a lot of calories to maintain your mass, correct? Do you have any idea how many you are consuming daily?

Chris

bill
03-05-2008, 08:58 PM

That is the only way to keep going for sure. Chris Mason is working on a all in one pill :hello: lol ... I vented some of the same that Vin said to Chris not long ago.

vdizenzo
03-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Hey Vinny, what weight class do you compete at?

I am about 295 right now, so a light 308 class.

vdizenzo
03-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Vinny, I understand how you feel, but I think you could get as much or more from your nutrition and have a much more normal eating schedule. You need a lot of calories to maintain your mass, correct? Do you have any idea how many you are consuming daily?

Chris

I am around 4000 calories a day (that is calculated and not a guess). I mostly concentrate on my protein intake which is 400 grams a day. 200 from foods and 200 from protein shakes. I try to make good choices in my carbs and make sure to take in healthy fats. I have minimized junk calories. I feel good. I am getting consistent with cardio and gpp as well.

I think I was just feeling a little overwhelmed. It used to be drink two to three shakes a day, eat whatever you want and inconsistent to no cardio or gpp. I guess I just have to get used to the lifestyle change.

Guido
03-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Shut up Sissy Boy and Suck it up!!!!

Hahahahaha!!!!

I'll tell you all what I have been eating a little more then I should be and getting a FEW more calories then I should be but my size and strength are through the roof!!!!

So sorry Vin I cant vent right now I'm having WAY TO MUCH FUN getting BIG!!! But when my Fat ass has to diet this 30 pounds back off I'll vent with ya :)Hey, Mike. What are you right now? I know when I saw you at the Arnold you said you were right around 340, but after that Hoggies Challenge and the rest of the weekend, I'm thinking that might have added 10-20 lbs. Am I right? :)

Guido
03-06-2008, 07:38 AM
I hear ya. I hate chugging a 1500cal shake and then being sleepy and sweating for 2-3 hours afterward. Sometimes I wish I never found WBB. Ignorance was bliss, back in the day.Nah. Moving heavy weights is bliss!

mickyjune26
03-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I hear ya. I hate chugging a 1500cal shake and then being sleepy and sweating for 2-3 hours afterward. Sometimes I wish I never found WBB. Ignorance was bliss, back in the day.

Have you considered cutting down on the carbs and upping the protein and fats in your shakes? It sounds like you're getting too much of an insulin spike.

Yep, eating breakfast at 8.30, then eating my second breakfast at 9.30, then eating lunch at 11.30, then another lunch at 1 sucks the most. Especially when my teachers are yelling at me for eating in class again. They just dont understand though...

Detard, I forgot, how old are you? Is this college or something? ;)

bjohnso
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Have you considered cutting down on the carbs and upping the protein and fats in your shakes? It sounds like you're getting too much of an insulin spike.

Yes. My shakes have a ton of fat, protein and carbs. The carbs make it nice and thick though, but sleepy also.

bigbadwolfe
03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey, Mike. What are you right now? I know when I saw you at the Arnold you said you were right around 340, but after that Hoggies Challenge and the rest of the weekend, I'm thinking that might have added 10-20 lbs. Am I right? :)

Chris needs to Cover his ears first!!!!

I'm mid 340's right now, around 346 at the beginning of the week. I said I wanted to get back upto about 340 so this is where I will try and stay for the contest.

I ordered a new bench shirt about 4 weeks ago and got it today Ekkkk!!!! It is kind of tight :) Seeing as how I was 325 when I ordered it.
Hopefully it is about 900 pounds plus tight!!!!

Detard
03-06-2008, 06:41 PM

Detard, I forgot, how old are you? Is this college or something? ;)

Naw bro i'm only in grade 12. I'm a youngin.