PDA

View Full Version : Results makes me crash

PhilsterT
03-05-2008, 07:45 PM
At first my body was unhappy, but I believe it's doing quite well now.

Gym is doing well too.

Thanks.

getb1g
03-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I noticed if I just sit around after taking results I'll get tired. As long as I'm moving around, working out, I'm fine.

Rock Steady
03-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Results is making me crash.

This is only my suspicion and I have no confirmed this yet, but Results is making me crash.

I'm not some At Large Groupie.... but that's not exactly a fair thing to proclaim without being sure.

Travis Bell
03-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Thats quite odd. I don't really get bloated at all and if I get more tired, its post workout, but mostly because I busted my butt more than normal. Are you diluting it enough? thats about all I've got as far as suggestions. Chris might have more

Wolverine
03-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Is this a one off experience or have any others experienced any problems with it? This question is based off the assumption that Results is causing the issue. Perhaps someone else who has used Accutane can chime in as well? I agree to solely blame Results for the crash might be a bit harsh at this point.

chris mason
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Some days...

Look, there is nothing in RESULTS that would cause the symptoms being described unless you have some sort of food allergy to them. In fact, the opposite is true, you get MORE energy in the gym from using RESULTS especially after it has fully kicked in.

Phister, Accutane is a VERY potent drug which can have serious side effects. I am guessing your problems are related to its use. Please consult with your physician.

Chris

Slim Schaedle
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey, uh, people....

Anytime you have a large fluctuation in blood glucose (such as from the ingestion of large amounts of carbohydrates, such as dextrose) and then blood levels drop, you are typically going to get tried.

So I would say with 99% certaintly that you are experiencing that from the dextrose.

Take results an hour prior to workout, take caffeine 30 mins prior.

Problem solved.

PhilsterT
03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I am not "blaming" it on this, per se. I am only saying that nothing like this has ever happened to me like this before. I am also not saying I do not think it works for other people; I don't doubt it's use for others.

I know I may seem annoying as a growing skeptic, but I do not believe everything reported on here.

For me this is true; it's not a lie.

Accutane I'm pretty sure is not the problem alone. I have been on it for a considerable length of time, and nothing like this has happened.

I will consult with my physician and get blood work done to see if it might be related to this.

I am also going to try to split up my dose.

I ask a considerable amount of questions because it takes me a while to believe in this kind of stuff off the bat.

I think I might get used to it. In fact, I don't get much sugar in my regular diet, so maybe it's making me crash hard because I am not used to the sugar intake... I don't know. Every over AtLarge product has given me some results--THANK YOU--but initially my body felt like ****.

(Can a non-responder to creatine be a potential non-responder to this?)

Slim Schaedle
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
In fact, I don't get much sugar in my regular diet, so maybe it's making me crash hard because I am not used to the sugar intake...

That's what it is.

Now I am 100% sure.

Splitting up the serving would help until you get used to it.

Travis Bell
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Are you being prescribed Accutane? Geeze thats a seriously potent drug.

Large amounts of sugar should not cause an instant crash, regardless of how much sugar you get in your diet. Actually if you have a low sugar intake, you should get the opposite response but I'd agree with Chris, get to your doc, tell him what the problem is, what your taking and get blood work done

PhilsterT
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Thank you; it makes sense to me too.

dbx
03-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Been using Results for about 2 weeks now. No problems noted.

chris mason
03-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Been using Results for about 2 weeks now. No problems noted.

Just to be clear, you and everyone else I know of who has used the product. I think Phister's reaction is VERY unique.

The Bran Man
03-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Just to be clear, you and everyone else I know of who has used the product. I think Phister's reaction is VERY unique.

No problem here

Wednesday.
03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I dont eat sugar either and creatine makes me swell up. I know this going into it tho.

I just purchased Results and I am going to try it, if it doesnt work for me, well I will prolly chalk it up to my unique body chemistry.

I feel well enough to experiment on myself.

I just want some muscle dammit, any muscle will be better than none. I go around showing people my biceps and I imagine pity in their eyes, lol.

I know I'm not a good candidate for this product. I have no intention of blaming the product, especially if it works for other folks, but everyone's chemistry is unique.

I'm just desperate for a little muscle. I plan to only take it before working out.

BPM Osgood
03-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I personaly think Results is the BEST supplement out! I have had ZERO Problems! Only thing I have found are my lifts going up!! SMILE! I would say stop taking it for a few weeks and try it again, if it bothers you like it did this time, then move onto another product. Maybe it just dont sit well for ya?? Who Knows...? Hope everything works out for ya Bro! Good Luck!

SSimpala96
03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
the only thing i've noticed that i could nit pick on is that RESULTS sits a little heavy on my stomach and it seems to cause EARTHSHAKING orange flavored belching (could or could not be unique to me). other than that i've noticed what i'd call lingering strength. on arms days i do 5 sets of hammer curls 25,20,15,10,5. usualy when i get down to 10 the going gets a bit tough, but yesterday i was actually able to do another 10 after the last 5. not to say it was a result of RESULTS since it was only my second day on it. it's giving me high hopes though. . .

Indifference
03-07-2008, 12:13 AM
agreed with slim.

80g shot of sugar is a big hit for someone who doesnt take in much sugar. would definitely make you want to sleep even cause you to be nauseous.

also agreed on spreading it out.

PhilsterT
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
No problem noted for splitting up doses!!! Thank you for this great product! I felt like I lasted longer in the gym today; I assume that and ETS did it...

Will order again; still getting the blood tests, but I feel good!

Wednesday.
03-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Philster did you do half and half? How far apart? Did you eat anything first?

How much water? Too many questions?

PhilsterT
03-07-2008, 04:12 PM
For almost every supplement I've ever used, my body rejected it at first: all protein, weight gainers... For almost everything, I just got bad diarrhea, but for this I think the sugar was making me get tired.

I did 2 hours before workout, then 1 hour and was eating at 1 hour and it was fine. I think my body is getting used to the sugar, so no big deal... I bet I could put them together now.

Wednesday.
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Ive been fortunate that the only problem I have had had been with creatine. It really makes me retain water but it just might be a girl thing.

I'm really sensitive to sugar too, so I will be starting tomorrow with 1 scoop 2 hours before, then a snack 1 hour before, then I think I will mix 1 scoop Results with 1 scoop of Opticen and sip it during my workout. That should keep my funky blood from freaking out.

Slim Schaedle
03-08-2008, 12:05 AM
but for this I think the sugar was making me get tired.

Exactly.

This is far from being something unique to any one person or condition.

mickyjune26
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Exactly.

This is far from being something unique to any one person or condition.

I agree. I get really jittery (sitting at an office desk) after taking 2 scoops. I also have a weird tingly - prickly sensative in my hands...then I feel tired. Except for the prickly sensations, it's just like as if I ate some sugar.

I'm going to try to split it into 2 doses, 1 scoop 90 minutes before and 1 scoop 45 minutes before.

Will this affect RESULTS' results?

ryuage
04-07-2008, 05:24 PM
probably not, you are still getting the full recommended serving, but spread out.

chris mason
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I agree. I get really jittery (sitting at an office desk) after taking 2 scoops. I also have a weird tingly - prickly sensative in my hands...then I feel tired. Except for the prickly sensations, it's just like as if I ate some sugar.

I'm going to try to split it into 2 doses, 1 scoop 90 minutes before and 1 scoop 45 minutes before.

Will this affect RESULTS' results?

Nope, and that is what I recommend for someone who experiences it (a feeling of fatigue from the large dose of dextrose). You can also take each 1/2 serving with meals.

Most users will not experience it, but some will and that is a viable solution.

Chris

SDS
04-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Get blood tests done to see if you're hypoglycemic. I am to an extent.......sugar usually brings me down instead of punching me up. I'm fine so long as I meter it out and don't get too much. 80g at once doesn't bother me.....RESULTS is just about 2/3 of all the sugar I get in a day.

mickyjune26
04-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Get blood tests done to see if you're hypoglycemic. I am to an extent.......sugar usually brings me down instead of punching me up. I'm fine so long as I meter it out and don't get too much. 80g at once doesn't bother me.....RESULTS is just about 2/3 of all the sugar I get in a day.

I'm pretty sure I am to a certain degree. Ever since I switched to a high protein and fat meal with carbs in form of complex carbs, my energy level is more stable.

The times I can get away with sugars is first thing in the morning and right after my workout (YAY MAXIMUS!!).

Chris - If I were to take it with a meal, do you mean still take it before the workout? Is there a timing aspect that makes it best before a workout?

I'm new to what Results is actually doing. It's the only supplement I've purchased based on testimonials alone. ;)

PhilsterT
04-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I decided not to take the roduct; too much sugar.

chris mason
04-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I am to a certain degree. Ever since I switched to a high protein and fat meal with carbs in form of complex carbs, my energy level is more stable.

The times I can get away with sugars is first thing in the morning and right after my workout (YAY MAXIMUS!!).

Chris - If I were to take it with a meal, do you mean still take it before the workout? Is there a timing aspect that makes it best before a workout?

I'm new to what Results is actually doing. It's the only supplement I've purchased based on testimonials alone. ;)

Actually, the timing of the product's use is MUCH less important than using it daily. Feel free to take in whenever in the day it works best for you.

Chris

Joe Black
04-09-2008, 02:14 AM
It's an odd one, reaction to sugar can vary massively between individuals.

I used to take 5g creatine powder with 60 g of dextrose and quite honestly I didn''t actually get a reaction there and then from it. I definitely saw better results over a sustained period, just didn't feel the kick of the sugar when taking it.

At the end of the day if you are experiencing side effects which you don't like it's always best to stop as you have. We're sorry you didn't get on with the product and it's good to hear peoples experiences either way. With any supplement there is going to be a small minority that don't respond or experience side effects that make it not for them.

We genuinely believe the majority of people will see very good results.

Next time you stick in an order, let us know it's you and we'll throw in a small surprise to make up for it. :-)

mickyjune26
04-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Based on both your feedback, I'll try morning doses. If that doesn't work, I'll try post-workout doses. Post-workout def wouldn't make me crash, as my body asks for tons of carbs after a workout. crazy... lol

May I ask why you suggest taking it 1 hour prior to workout on workout days?

thewicked
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Not a problem for me. I would think it's just from busting ass in the gym that you're tired after taking it. I've seen nothing but postive side effects..like pr's from taking RESULTS! ;D

method115
04-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Based on both your feedback, I'll try morning doses. If that doesn't work, I'll try post-workout doses. Post-workout def wouldn't make me crash, as my body asks for tons of carbs after a workout. crazy... lol

May I ask why you suggest taking it 1 hour prior to workout on workout days?

Post workout seemed to work best for me, it would still make me crash though, which actually wasn't so bad cause I would take naps after my workouts.

PhilsterT
04-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I just want to let everyone know: I believe this product will help the majority of people, plus I like AtLarge. But, for some, like me (who can't even really drink soda), this product was not the right thing.

I suggest many to try and make judgement.

method115
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I just want to let everyone know: I believe this product will help the majority of people, plus I like AtLarge. But, for some, like me (who can't even really drink soda), this product was not the right thing.

I suggest many to try and make judgement.

hah thats funny I hate drinking soda as well.

mickyjune26
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
FYI - update all. Started taking it after the workout and there's no crash. My body is weird in that I can take in tons of carbs after workouts without probs, just can't do too many in the mornings or throughout the day.

On a side note, I'm making good PRs, though I've only taken it a week so far. I am starting to notice a little more endurance throughout the workout....especially on leg days.

Built
04-14-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't think anything's weird about that mickyjune - that's the way our bodies work: increased insulin sensitivity post-workout.

Glad you got it sorted out for yourself.