PDA

View Full Version : My Post Workout Meal

SteveW
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I just got done eating my post workout meal and it consisted of two eggs, two pieces of toast with butter, and two pieces of toast with peanut butter, a glass of orange juice, then I finished it off with my EAS protein mixed with water and another glass of water to take my daily fish oil pills. It came out to about 60 grams of protein. Is this an ok post workout meal? Should I be consuming more or less protein? I am welcome to all suggestions. Thanks.

_8_Ball
03-05-2008, 11:28 PM
The ideal situation is for you to ingest fast acting protein such as whey and fast acting sugars as dextrose.

butter, peanut buffer and fish oils are all fats which reduces the speed at which items are absorbed in your body. After a workout you want the muscle to get nutrients asap! So you want to avoid all those fats, and take in a shake right after.

SteveW
03-06-2008, 02:23 AM
So is it an ok meal as long as I take the Whey shake first? If not what other easy fast post workout meals can I look into?

P.S. Tried to delete my double post but couldn't figure out how(Its late and my brain is not functioning)

shazoo123
03-06-2008, 10:15 AM
its completely fine as long as you get a whey shake in first.