PDA

View Full Version : eggs

getb1g
03-05-2008, 10:35 PM
anyone have some recipes for eggs? i know they're great for a BB diet.. but I dont like them that much.. maybe some recipe will appeal to me.

Negi
03-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Omulette!

4 eggs, bit of milk, pinch of salt. Wisk it up. Cut some mushrooms and bacon up chuck them into the frying pan with a little bit of olive oil. Let them get nice. Chuck the egg mix on and cook. Slap a bit of cheese on top and grill until nice and brown. Put on a plate and eat with your hands. Brown sauce is nice also.

Keith
03-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I hate omelettes. I always just scramble them up with some milk, make them nice and fluffy, little ketchup and salt. I've been eating them like this for well over a year now and I still find them tasty.

VikingWarlord
03-06-2008, 04:58 PM
That's not really an omelet. That's just scrambled eggs with **** in it. That's what I do too.

TWINSCREW
03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
spanish egg white omelet.......

Wednesday.
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Chop em up and put em in a tuna salad with a lot of pickles. You wont even taste em.

TWINSCREW
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
1 large egg
7 large egg whites
1 small tomato - diced
1 green onion - finely chopped
3 black olives - sliced
2 Tablespoons fat-free or low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon canned green chili peppers - diced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, salt and pepper.

Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and swirl pan to coat bottom and sides. Add beaten eggs and tilt pan to spread mixture across entire pan bottom.

Cook for about 30 second. With a spatula, gently lift sides of omelet and tilt pan to distribute more uncooked egg to the pan's surface.

Once the egg begins to set, sprinkle totato, onion, pepper and cheese over one side of the omelet.

Carefully, fold the other side of the omelet over the fillings.

Cover and continue cooking until omelet is completely set - about 3 minutes.

You can replace the whole egg with two egg whites, but the yolk adds a beautiful color and helps hold the omelet together.

Blanche_Soprano
03-06-2008, 08:56 PM
anyone have some recipes for eggs? i know they're great for a BB diet.. but I dont like them that much.. maybe some recipe will appeal to me.

I can't stand the taste of texture of eggs. The only thing I can do is eat things with only some egg, but a lot of other flavors.

Quiche is always a good option. That's surprising for me, because I'm not a big cheese person either. We do our own version, with pancetta (Italian ham/bacon), fresh mushrooms, and onions.

I also like oven baked French toast. To make it healthy, use whole wheat bread, skim milk, and egg whites. When you oven bake it, you have to give it time to soak up all the egg mixture first. You end up consuming more eggs and milk, but less bread.

MrWebb78
03-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I like to throw any kind of meat in with my scrambled eggs. Salmon is very good with eggs, then top with cheese. Ground beef, carnitas, even turkey is good. Throw in some diced tomatoes, peppers, and make a big mess in the skillet.

getb1g
03-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Im gonna throw together my own recipe tomorow morning. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Altephor
03-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Omelettes, or scrambled. The bonus feature of an omelette is that if you're making breakfast for some chick it never ceases to impress if you can flip it.

littleman19
03-08-2008, 09:40 AM
waffles :)'

2 egg whites
30g of Oatmeal
80g lowfat cottage cheese
2g baking soda
4 splenda packets
pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves if you have any

blend everything and put in a waffle maker, good stuff

JohnnyBrown
03-10-2008, 12:21 AM
The only way I could go about eating eggs straight, is eating boiled eggs.

I used to mow down on scrambled eggs when I was a kid and now I cannot stand eating them anymore, even after 2 eggs my stomach will be upset for hours, and then the burping... bleh.

So if you're like me, and you really want to eat eggs, I'd try hard boiling them. Worth a shot.

Keith
03-10-2008, 08:16 AM
The only way I could go about eating eggs straight, is eating boiled eggs.

I used to mow down on scrambled eggs when I was a kid and now I cannot stand eating them anymore, even after 2 eggs my stomach will be upset for hours, and then the burping... bleh.

So if you're like me, and you really want to eat eggs, I'd try hard boiling them. Worth a shot.

I'm the opposite.

I can't stand hard boiled eggs and can only eat them scrambled. Try both and see what you prefer.

Stumprrp
03-10-2008, 09:54 AM
i eat eggs any way, hard boiled, scrambled, fried, raw, omeletes, i just love eggs.

if you dont really like eggs, the best way is to try all the styles.

caseyc
03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I make egg salad sandwiches. You need to boil some eggs to make this. I usually boil about 4 of them. In a tupperware i put the 4 hard boiled eggs with some lite mayo a little bit of mustard some ground pepper. Mix it all together. And slap it on some multi grain bread or whatever your preference may be. MMM!! I also dip cerery in the egg salad too. Its a good snack.

Eric Cartman
03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Put 3 eggs in a pan...

add parmesan cheese, creamed spinach, mushrooms, and bacon...

Toast 2 slices of whole wheat bread... put egg on them.

This is good!

EC

SDS
03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
4 eggs, 1/4 pound saute'd shrimp, 1/4 pound steamed rock lobster tail. Wisk eggs and pour into hot skillet (cover bottom of skillet with olive oil), add shrimp and lobster, and fold over to form omelet. Top with 4 oz. Beluga caviar.

Nosaj
03-12-2008, 05:52 AM
4 eggs, 1/4 pound saute'd shrimp, 1/4 pound steamed rock lobster tail. Wisk eggs and pour into hot skillet (cover bottom of skillet with olive oil), add shrimp and lobster, and fold over to form omelet. Top with 4 oz. Beluga caviar.

Approximate cost of this is not really efficient for any appreciable sized BB'er.

SDS
03-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I know, I was joking. It would be good though.

Nosaj
03-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I know, I was joking. It would be good though.

The salmon and shrimp? Hell yea. Never had caviar though. =P

r5gtt87
03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
What the hell is the difference between an omlette and scrambled eggs?

r5gtt87
03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
apart from omlettes having everything left over in it!

Gable
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I like
4 egg whites
1/4 cup shredded low fat cheddar
1/4 mango salsa, pico de gallo, etc.
1/2 a small avacado diced
1tbsp olive oil

Heat oil, add salsa for a few seconds, toss in the egg whites.. cook, cover with cheese and toss it on a piece of whole wheat toast.. awesome breakfast.. and its easy as hell to make..

You can add prosciuto, soyrizo, or whatever you want to it to add more cals/protein ..etc..

Jacob
03-25-2008, 12:13 PM
i just boil them and put them into whatever i am eating

EternalSearcher
03-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Just crack that motherfather ope and eat it....no.
I do 4 eggs tall glass of milk and and a couple tablespoons of sugar/cinnamon and drink. I keep my sugar intake low throughout the day though. Or no sugar/cinnamon, and a little bit of salt.
OR heat up chicken broth in a pot on the stove, after its hot, crack a few eggs in it, and sccop the eggs out. doesn't look too good but tastes great.

joelhall
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
my mums from india and they always used to eat eggs boiled sliced and curried with potatos and lentils and things:)

very nice:D and great for hiding the taste of eggs if you dont like them.:)

borracho
04-04-2008, 03:32 PM
steak and egg breakfast burrito FTW!

bjohnso
04-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I find that hard-boiled eggs are one of the best appetite suppressants for cutting. They are much more filling than scrambled eggs, I have no idea why.

BFGUITAR
04-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I like them hard boiled. I can go through a dozen a day.

bjohnso
04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm eating 10 a day now (cutting).