PDA

View Full Version : Progress pictures, from 145 to 160

MPB
03-07-2008, 11:12 AM
My 145 lbs pictures can be found here:
http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98086

A little background: weightlifting since june 06 ~ until now

I've been eating a little over my maintenance but it seems like my chin department has gotten a lot fatter than before, and I'm starting to lose definition between my shoulders and arms so I'm going to stay at this weight for a while. If you see my before pics you'll notice that my shoulders were ridiculously bigger than everything else but I think everything has caught up to my shoulders now so I look more proportioned.

Also if you look at my collarbones, you'll see that my right collarbone is placed a little bit higher so that's why my right side trapezius, chest, and shoulder look uneven (and kind of bigger too) to my left. They aren't noticable at all in person though, only in pictures.

My lifetime goal is to get +2xBW bench, +2.5~2.75xBW squat, and +3xBW deadlift. My 2nd goal is to get to 180 lbs. @ 10% bf but I pretty much know nothing about cutting so I'll have to educate myself later on.

Since last summer (june 07) my maxes have gone from
Bench: 230 to 295
Olympic style Squat: 315 to 375
Deadlift: can't remember that well but I think it was around 335, now it's 435

pictures that I included (in order):
-Front relaxed
-Back relaxed
-Lat spread (sorry for the bad angle, it's impossible for me to tell what direction I'm facing when a camera is facing my back)
-Front lat spread (excuse my horrible attempt lol)
-Legs

Thanks!

Coke
03-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Good job man, that's one complete physique.

dxiw
03-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Dude you look thick as hell! A lot of quality muscle mass there. Question: What height are you? You look like you should weigh a LOT more...

jAy_Dub
03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
My God you have a great physique man. If you serious about this sport, you could go far.

MPB
03-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Dude you look thick as hell! A lot of quality muscle mass there. Question: What height are you? You look like you should weigh a LOT more...
Thank you! I'm only 5'5" (it's in my sig also)

Good job man, that's one complete physique.

My God you have a great physique man. If you serious about this sport, you could go far.
Thanks!

Detard
03-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Damn man your lookin solid.

ZenMonkey
03-07-2008, 12:40 PM
looks like you didn't put on much fat... good job brosef.

lower back is thick as hell... NICE!

MPB
03-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Damn man your lookin solid.

looks like you didn't put on much fat... good job brosef.

lower back is thick as hell... NICE!
Thanks! :evillaugh:

DirtyRobot
03-07-2008, 01:27 PM
That looks like 15 lbs of solid, lean mass. Good work, dude.

hulkinout
03-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Extremely solid and proportional. Your back's awesome. Great blend of mass and cuts.

Looks like you've brought your upper body to match those freaky delts. Keep up the good work.

I'm inspired for doing delts and arms tonight now!

Southern Beast
03-07-2008, 03:07 PM
You look badass, man. Very proportioned.

I have a buddy who is your height and weighs roughly 120 lbs., and he is not convinced he could look big if he got into lifting. I'm going to direct him to this thread.

Very awesome work, dude. Props.

MPB
03-07-2008, 08:53 PM
That looks like 15 lbs of solid, lean mass. Good work, dude.

Extremely solid and proportional. Your back's awesome. Great blend of mass and cuts.

Looks like you've brought your upper body to match those freaky delts. Keep up the good work.

I'm inspired for doing delts and arms tonight now!

Thanks guys.

You look badass, man. Very proportioned.

I have a buddy who is your height and weighs roughly 120 lbs., and he is not convinced he could look big if he got into lifting. I'm going to direct him to this thread.

Very awesome work, dude. Props.

Glad I could help. If you take a look at my before picture, you'll see that I used to be around 90 pounds with toothpicks for my arm and a pencil for the neck :evillaugh:

Just for fun... I measured some of my body parts.
They were all measured while relaxed & cold.

Neck: 17"
Chest: 44"
Arms (flexed): 14.5"
Forearms: 12"
Wrists: 6.5"
Waist: 31.5"
Legs: 24"
Calves: 15"
Ankles: 9.5"

Gabrielle
03-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Like I mentioned when you posted your pics before, you are blessed. Next time try shots of a most muscular, side chest, and rear/front dub so we can view your physique from more angles to give you a better critique. Whatever you are doing is working and your lifts are impressive. Keep it up.

Indifference
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
dude, you look awesome. keep it up!

MPB
03-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Like I mentioned when you posted your pics before, you are blessed. Next time try shots of a most muscular, side chest, and rear/front dub so we can view your physique from more angles to give you a better critique. Whatever you are doing is working and your lifts are impressive. Keep it up.

I really can't pose at all to save my life, and I could never figure out how to flex my traps so that they stick out on top. So I just prefer taking pictures while I'm relaxed but I'll try to get pictures of them.

dude, you look awesome. keep it up!

Thank you!

CleverName
03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Flawless, my friend.

You're an inch taller and ten pounds heavier than I am, but I hope I can get to lifting nearly as much as you!

nhlfan
03-08-2008, 01:24 AM
you're the biggest 160 pounder I've ever seen. Excellent size and symmetry, man.

MPB
03-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Flawless, my friend.

You're an inch taller and ten pounds heavier than I am, but I hope I can get to lifting nearly as much as you!
It seems like you have genetics for weightlifting, you'll get there in no time! :)

you're the biggest 160 pounder I've ever seen. Excellent size and symmetry, man.
Thanks! There're a lot of 160 pounders out there who are much bigger and stronger, but that's a really nice compliment to hear hear from a wbb member.

whiteman90909
03-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Sick lats dude! Everything's looking good!

killxswitch
03-08-2008, 07:30 AM
You're looking fantastic, man. I look at your before pic, then your current lat spread, and I'm amazed. Great job, best use of 160 lbs I've ever seen.

Stumprrp
03-08-2008, 07:50 AM
god your jacked

Chris Rodgers
03-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks! There're a lot of 160 pounders out there who are much bigger and stronger, but that's a really nice compliment to hear hear from a wbb member.

There are not too many out there with the amount of quality muscle on them that you have. Your strength/physique is very impressive for 160 lbs. Have you though about competing in powerlifting? Bodybuilding? You could be like the new-age Franco Columbo. :thumbup:

Keith
03-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Excellent work, dude. You've done great with yourself. You'll look awesome in 10 years.

littleman19
03-08-2008, 09:36 AM
freggin ripped man

Jorge Sanchez
03-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Looking swole.

MPB
03-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys! (especially Stump lol, that means A LOT coming from you)

Chris Rodgers -
I'm not really interested in bodybuilding but yes, I do definately want to compete in powerlifting and it is one of my goals in the future.

cphafner
03-08-2008, 01:40 PM
looking great pitbull. You could do some serious damage as a lightweight (or middleweight in future) if you got on stage. Good luck with your goals.

getb1g
03-08-2008, 02:08 PM
dude u look alot more then 160

Bako Lifter
03-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Bro you look freaking awesome.

MPB
03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
looking great pitbull. You could do some serious damage as a lightweight (or middleweight in future) if you got on stage. Good luck with your goals.
Thanks!! :)

dude u look alot more then 160
A lot of people tell me that. It's probably the only thing that's good about being so short :p

Bro you look freaking awesome.
Thanks Bako. I've always considered you as a rival so it's great for me to hear that from you.

bjohnso
03-08-2008, 05:26 PM
You are solid as hell, man. Even at 145 you're build was impressive, to say the least.

RBB
03-08-2008, 05:44 PM

agreed. you're looking great, bro. i didn't see your before pics, but it looks like you've been putting in the work. keep it going.

MPB
03-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks bjohnso & RBB!

After high school that was when I really focused on training for strength instead of looking fit. Even though I was happy with myself at 145, I don't think I'd want to go back :p

It may be hard for you to see but you'll notice that there are stretch marks on my arm pits, that's when my chest started to explode from working with heavy weights.

VikingWarlord
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Holy ****. That's a huge difference from that beginning shot. You've made incredible progress, and looks like you've got potential to go as far as you like.

MPB
03-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Holy ****. That's a huge difference from that beginning shot. You've made incredible progress, and looks like you've got potential to go as far as you like.
Thanks!!!

I'm not sure if these pictures would give you better angles to look at, anyways here you go.

I took the faces out b/c it looked like I was frowning.

Pictures in order
-Front double biceps
-Most muscular
-Side shot

HighSchoolGuy
03-09-2008, 03:01 PM
congrats, ur huge, i hate you

killxswitch
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Seriously, those lats are gonna hit the sides of doorways if you're not careful.

fpr
03-09-2008, 08:19 PM
i clicked the first most muscular pick to enlarge it and whatever site it took me to, my anti virus said it blocked an attack on my computer... hopefully others will see this before they click your photos

Notorious
03-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Damn, I'm 160 and I'm about half your size! Plus you got the numbers to back that up, I'm impressed!

MPB
03-09-2008, 08:31 PM
i clicked the first most muscular pick to enlarge it and whatever site it took me to, my anti virus said it blocked an attack on my computer... hopefully others will see this before they click your photos

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. I removed the links and reuploaded the pictures, they should be good now.

kw1k
03-10-2008, 12:14 AM
You have done very well, i am also @ you're height however at this time i weight in at about 174lbs. However, my body fat percentage isn't as low as yours.

Keep it up

hulkinout
03-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Again, some great shots. The double bicep looks nice and full; the most muscular kicks ass (damn you and your big traps and arms).

The side shot you might wanna re-do; you could probably nail the pose in another take. Doesn't discount the development, however, which remains amazing.

Keith
03-10-2008, 08:18 AM
The side shot you might wanna re-do; you could probably nail the pose in another take. Doesn't discount the development, however, which remains amazing.

:withstupi:

You got a very well developed and thick tricep and could nail that pose with a little practice.

RBB
03-10-2008, 08:40 AM
you really should get into competitive bb'ing. i think you could do very well, you've got a great structure for it.

Stumprrp
03-10-2008, 08:53 AM
you look sick, im jealous

MPB
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Again, some great shots. The double bicep looks nice and full; the most muscular kicks ass (damn you and your big traps and arms).

That was the best one I could take, but I'm not really good at posing so I'll work on that.

:withstupi:

You got a very well developed and thick tricep and could nail that pose with a little practice.
Thanks! I just wish my biceps grew as fast as my triceps.

you really should get into competitive bb'ing. i think you could do very well, you've got a great structure for it.
Thanks RBB!!

I've thought about competing but cutting, dehydrating myself, working on my poses and other stuff seem kind of frustrating and too much work for me.

you look sick, im jealous
You shouldn't be, my lifts aren't nowhere as high as yours :p

View 1
03-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Seriously impressive. Im jealous too.

method115
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
That was the best one I could take, but I'm not really good at posing so I'll work on that.

Thanks! I just wish my biceps grew as fast as my triceps.

Thanks RBB!!

I've thought about competing but cutting, dehydrating myself, working on my poses and other stuff seem kind of frustrating and too much work for me.

You shouldn't be, my lifts aren't nowhere as high as yours :p

Damn dude I remember seeing your first pics you look amazing man. hopefully one day I will too.

rtrose
03-18-2008, 12:41 PM
looking great!

tomv
02-11-2009, 04:33 AM
In Australia you would be described by one word mate.
Unit.
E.g. "What a little bloody unit!"
Absolutely impressive physique mate and your lifts are off the chain!

MPB
02-11-2009, 06:36 AM
In Australia you would be described by one word mate.
Unit.
E.g. "What a little bloody unit!"
Absolutely impressive physique mate and your lifts are off the chain!
This thread is very old but thanks a lot anyway, tomv! I don't think I have seen you for like a year now. Have you been inactive lately?

hellagrant
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Wow, you look like you are near 200lbs. Freakin solid body man. Nice work.

MPB
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks a lot. Don't let the pictures fool you, though. I don't look impressive at all in person.

vdizenzo
02-14-2009, 03:25 AM
That's a lot of hard work and dedication. Well done!

MPB
02-14-2009, 09:25 AM
That's a lot of hard work and dedication. Well done!
Thank you Vincent! It's great to hear a compliment like that from one of the best.

Musckles
02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Great progress. Keep it up.

KingJustin
02-14-2009, 02:40 PM
I can't believe the amount of progress you've made in 3 years. You must be working extremely hard. Keep it up.

Guido
02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I see that your weight hasn't changed much since those pics at the beginning of the thread, but your strength has certainly gone up. Those are very impressive lifts for anyone, let alone a 165 lber.

MPB
02-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Great progress. Keep it up.

I can't believe the amount of progress you've made in 3 years. You must be working extremely hard. Keep it up.

I see that your weight hasn't changed much since those pics at the beginning of the thread, but your strength has certainly gone up. Those are very impressive lifts for anyone, let alone a 165 lber.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your comments. I didn't expect this thread to be alive still after one year. Right now, I haven't been able to make a steady progress for the last few months (maybe longer than that), so I definitely think it's time for me to gain some weight.

bjacob
02-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm starting at 6'3", 185. Long fibers, hope I can pop like that one day.

runriot26
02-25-2009, 02:10 PM
man im only 160 right now and i wish i looked like that....im 5'9 thou so gimee another 10 to 20 lbs and ill be there!!

MPB
02-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate your comments.

RonnyB
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
You're a little tank.

tomv
02-28-2009, 09:44 PM
This thread is very old but thanks a lot anyway, tomv! I don't think I have seen you for like a year now. Have you been inactive lately?

Yeah mate kind of fell off the bandwagon a little, didn't have a steady gym routine and was doing a bit more rock climbing. I've just restarted regular gym sessions though doing crossfit so I should hopefully be posting a bit more frequently. Pardon the reviving of the old thread haha, but I stand by my comment still =P.

igotmines
03-21-2009, 09:55 AM
great potential