PDA

View Full Version : water retention

Gonzo
03-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I drink over a gallon of water a day and like everyone else i am trying to slim down for summer time.
For some reason i was just thinking if you would slim down some if you did not drink as much water?
I know getting lean is all about the diet and sodium intake plays a part in holding water as well but not sure on how it all works. I also did search things like "water retention"?
if anyone could educate me on water retention and maybe getting rid of some without dehydrating my body if that is possible i would apreciate it.

thanks

Gonzo
03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Boy not one reply is this a studpid question?
Or maybe no body is sure about the answer?

SDS
03-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't think you retain that much water, at least not enough to see any appreciable difference. If you're cutting fat, just focus on that. You need to stay hydrated, so why not just exclude that from the equation?

mikey4402
03-11-2008, 11:39 AM
There is a diffrence between retaning water and beining fully hydrated.

Your muscles are made up, mostly of water. I doubt you are trying to slim down at all costs.

Dont change your water intake adjust your caloric intake.

WillKuenzel
03-11-2008, 01:09 PM
The more fully hydrated you are and stay, actually the less water retention you'll have. If you're drinking enough then you shouldn't be retaining water at all.

t_rizzle07
03-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Just take a gallon in a sauna. If your sweat tastes salty, stay longer. Stay until your sweat tastes like water, then you will lose water weight really fast.

radioheadhead
03-11-2008, 04:15 PM
The more fully hydrated you are and stay, actually the less water retention you'll have. If you're drinking enough then you shouldn't be retaining water at all.

the correct answer.:thumbup:

dougyp
03-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Look at this, if you care enough http://www.watercure.com/