PDA

View Full Version : The 20 worst restaurant foods in America

SpecialK
03-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I found this article posted in another forum. It is the 20 most unhealthy restaurant foods in America, according to Men's Health:

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstffchicken.html

Anyone out there still whining about not being able to gain weight is now completely out of excuses. ;) Your long-term health is another matter, I suppose.

Personally I was surprised to see that some restaurants have entrees with 2000+ calories.

littleman19
03-08-2008, 09:37 AM
those foods look disgusting

Irish Pilot
03-08-2008, 03:29 PM
those foods look disgusting

agreed....minus the Lonestar TBone...but its just a bad pic.

bcraig5509
03-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I really liked that quiznos sandwich. Oh well, the longer you go without that stuff the less you want it.

cphafner
03-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I eat Chipotle fairly often. I don't see any issues with it. I don't get sour cream or beans. I can't imagine chicken, rice, cheese, lettuce, salsa, and guac is a bad option at all when pressed for food.

smokinHawk
03-09-2008, 08:48 PM
they dont even mention protein, which is one of the main consideration i need in choosing a meal.
besides they act all bad if your getting 1000 calories per meal, allot of people need 1000 cals per meal.

Dan152
03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
that looks soooooooo good

SMK41
03-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Those pictures make most of those look gross. I laughed when I got to "The Worst Food in America" ... Aussie Cheese Fries at Outback ... b/c it's probably my favorite food to get when I go out to eat there and Outback is one of my favorite restaurants. I still probably eat them once a month. It's my #1 thing to eat when I take a cheat day. I don't think it's quite as bad as some of the others on the list though b/c even though it's extremely high in calories/fat/carbs you usually split it with several people.

drew
03-13-2008, 06:37 AM
A lot of those foods are going strictly based on the notion that calories = bad.

I'm going to Outback for some cheese fries and a steak. And potatoes, and a salad, but only because I like salad (with honey-mustard dressing).

Genacide
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
I like the Ceaser they have at outback, it has a little kick to it (possibly extra anchovies).

Metalfaith
03-13-2008, 02:01 PM
haha, I'm slightly amazed that's the number one worst food. I work there, but rarely get them, I mean it's obviously they're fattening so I very rarely got them anyway, not to mention I don't really like them, their fries(salted to hell, of course) are better by themselves in my opinoin.

ddegroff
03-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice. I've eatin' most of those. I think chipolte shouldn't really be on there but you can eat way too much at chipolte.

#1 and #2 are probably the best on the list, lol.

Stray
03-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Those pictures make most of those look gross. I laughed when I got to "The Worst Food in America" ... Aussie Cheese Fries at Outback ... b/c it's probably my favorite food to get when I go out to eat there and Outback is one of my favorite restaurants. I still probably eat them once a month. It's my #1 thing to eat when I take a cheat day. I don't think it's quite as bad as some of the others on the list though b/c even though it's extremely high in calories/fat/carbs you usually split it with several people.

Yeah of course they're gonna make the foods look disgusting - it suits the purpose of their article. :thumbup:

dividend
03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the article OP!

Invain
03-13-2008, 03:06 PM
That article is horribly ****ty. They're basing how bad the food is almost completely off the calories. How can a steak be bad? Of course a 20 oz steak is gonna have a lot of calories, freaking morons. I like the description ont he bottm: "The golden rule of steak restaurants is this: Limit yourself to a 9-ouncer or smaller. After all, that's more than half a pound of meat. You won't walk away hungry."

Yes, I would walk away hungry if I ate a 9 oz steak. I think my younger sister could eat a 9 oz steak just fine.

I like how they took the crappiest pictures possible for each food as well.

HahnB
03-13-2008, 03:10 PM
A 10oz filet is a nice piece of nest when you consider sides, app & bread.