PDA

View Full Version : Konstantin Konstantinov!

chris mason
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
The man is an absolute beast!

Check out these videos of him training:

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/7525#comment-44702

deeder
03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
That is a ridiculous deadlift! I think the first time I saw videos of him deadlifting was about a year ago... He's a monster and that deadlift technique sure is interesting.

chris mason
03-11-2008, 12:16 AM
That is a ridiculous deadlift! I think the first time I saw videos of him deadlifting was about a year ago... He's a monster and that deadlift technique sure is interesting.

I like it because I lift in a very similar fashion (with MUCH less weight).

Chris

patrick3217
03-11-2008, 02:07 AM
I could only imagine being that strong. Much work and dedication... Oh and some genetics lol..

BPM Osgood
03-11-2008, 06:20 AM
He makes it look so easy! 770x4... DAMN!

Travis Bell
03-11-2008, 07:28 AM
that looked like one sick deadlift workout!

Keith
03-11-2008, 08:43 AM
I've seen this guy before. He's an animal. Pulling that much weight with a rounded back is awesome.

Lones Green
03-11-2008, 09:06 AM
that guy really is amazing. Latvia produces some awesome lifters.

killxswitch
03-11-2008, 01:48 PM
My back snapped a little just watching. Amazing strength.

HP666
03-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Awesome.

youngguns
03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
thought deadlifting with a rounded back was TERRIBLE for you?

dougyp
03-11-2008, 11:41 PM
If you're this guy, you can get away with it. But don't try it at home, kids.

jtteg_x
03-12-2008, 01:40 AM
his lowerback is arched and tight, but his upperback is rounded.

Keith
03-12-2008, 10:30 AM
his lowerback is arched and tight, but his upperback is rounded.

His entire back is rounded and tight. Look at other videos of him from different angles. You can't possibly have an arched lower back and rounded upper back.

WillKuenzel
03-12-2008, 11:47 AM
His entire back is rounded and tight. Look at other videos of him from different angles. You can't possibly have an arched lower back and rounded upper back.No. His lower back, from butt to the belt, is flat. Look at the older videos of him deadlifting when it shows him 948lbs deadlift, it shows a good side view and again, from butt to belt is flat, not rounded. His upper back is rounded to decrease the ROM. It's very possible to have a rounded upper back and tight lower back. Difficult to do, yes, but not impossible. You can also tell that his lower back is flat because of the hip angle and relation of the bar to his legs. It creates an illusion that the lower back is rounded because the upper back is, but his lower back is always flat. Maybe not completely arched but show me an elite level pull where some rounding doesn't happen. Every idiot can deadlift 135 with an arched back. Show me something over 650 where their back is completely arched.

Keith
03-12-2008, 12:13 PM
No. His lower back, from butt to the belt, is flat. Look at the older videos of him deadlifting when it shows him 948lbs deadlift, it shows a good side view and again, from butt to belt is flat, not rounded. His upper back is rounded to decrease the ROM. It's very possible to have a rounded upper back and tight lower back. Difficult to do, yes, but not impossible. You can also tell that his lower back is flat because of the hip angle and relation of the bar to his legs. It creates an illusion that the lower back is rounded because the upper back is, but his lower back is always flat. Maybe not completely arched but show me an elite level pull where some rounding doesn't happen. Every idiot can deadlift 135 with an arched back. Show me something over 650 where their back is completely arched.

Good point. I guess it was an illusion I was looking at then. I've seen his older vids, it just looks like he pulls with a rounded back as a whole.

WillKuenzel
03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Look at the relation between his hips and knees. If the lower back is rounded the knees would be straighter and the hips would be closer to the bar with the bar closer to the floor.

It's definitely a different technique but nothing really mechanically wrong with it. A lot of guys try to deadlift like that but fail because they don't have the technique down solid enough to keep the upper back rounded while keeping the lower back flat. The only thing I would change would be to start with the head up more but then that might flatten out his upper back and defeat the purpose of his technique.

Big Hick
03-15-2008, 07:16 PM
cool thanks