PDA

View Full Version : AdamD's Back Progress

AdamD
03-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Excuse the stupid pose in the first pic, it wasnt taken as an actual pose, me and my mate were just playing around with a camera, but its one of the only pics of me before i started the gym, and the second pic was just to follow suit for comparison..

Started gym 01/01/07

Yeh, anyways, any comments are welcome, just thought ide post up a pic, im quite proud of progress ive made on my back in the recent months, also quite proud of my traps, ive been hitting them real hard in the last few weeks and recieved good results(they arent huge, but im getting somewhere :P ).

weight: 141lbs
height: 178cm i think

http://www.adam.ezy.com.au/temp/Back.jpg

patrick3217
03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Good progress man.. keep up the good work..

markdk86
03-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Don't mean to be a dick, but for two years that looks like very little progress.

wuffwuffwuffy
03-12-2008, 08:54 AM
No offence but i don't see any difference in the pictures

AdamD
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Don't mean to be a dick, but for two years that looks like very little progress.

If you paid attention to the actual months listed and the date i started the gym(01/01/07), then you would notice its only just over a 1 year spread, the first picture was before i started the gym, the second is about a year later, and the 3rd is only about 1 month after the 2nd, which i believed that i had made some decent progress on my back(explained below).

No offence but i don't see any difference in the pictures

Really? i guess maybe its just me then.
In the first pic you can see my ribcage through my back, and if you look at the traps as well as the muscles between my shoulder blades(not sure what they are called) in the last pic i almost have an asscrack in the middle lol.

The first pic is also a bit closer up, and in comparison to the pictures next to it my arms look a similar size, but if the first pic was scaled down with a correct ratio to the second and third i think you would see a bit more difference in arm size, Also if you compare the second and 3rd pic, personally i can see a bit of growth in the arms, and for one month, i dont think its too bad(again, it might just be me wishing so hard hehe)

I am having trouble getting my lats to grow, but im working hard on them..

^^ this post may seem like im being arrogent and acting annoyed, its not meant to sorry :) , im just trying to explain what i thought had changed. Thanks for your opinions anyways guys, if i only wanted compliments and posotive responses, i would have just showed the pictures to friends or family hehe..

I'de also like to add that i believe i wasted at least the first 6-8months of 2007 with crappy routines, bad diet, etc

killxswitch
03-12-2008, 09:30 AM
You look a little thicker. I can see it in the lower back. How many calories are you taking in every day? What are your macros like?

Jorge Sanchez
03-12-2008, 09:38 AM
The pictures look the same to me too.

markdk86
03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I think that "asscrack" you speak of has more to do with you pinching your scapula together than anything. You did not seem to do that in the other two pictures.

berfles
03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I think that "asscrack" you speak of has more to do with you pinching your scapula together than anything. You did not seem to do that in the other two pictures.

Exactly, you're not supposed to pull your arms back like that for a back double bi. Fan everything out, don't suck everything in.

Cirino83
03-12-2008, 02:42 PM
to me it looks like your arms got a little bigger, and your back smaller and waste skinnier...

yamirider
03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I think you are a great candidate for the 300 calorie/scoop weightgainer stuff.

method115
03-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Your arms got bigger, but it does look like your waist got smaller. You can see more muscles on your back now though. You did better then i did from 1 year of lifting. I would start eating more though your so skinny you can put on a lot of weight right now.

Invain
03-12-2008, 07:06 PM
It doesn't look like you changed at all. Sorry.

MPB
03-12-2008, 07:11 PM
It'd help if you could post your current routine and diet.

Detard
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree with the other guys. No real difference that I can see...

Advice: EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. Seriously man. EAT. Doesnt matter what it is, just eat alot of it.

killxswitch
03-12-2008, 10:50 PM
You look a little thicker. I can see it in the lower back. How many calories are you taking in every day? What are your macros like?

If you can, please answer. Maybe you're taking the comments in the thread personally, hopefully not. No one is making fun, just telling the truth. You may have gained a bit of muscle in your back, but if you did it is not very visible in the pics you posted.

Keith
03-12-2008, 11:20 PM
I agree with the other guys. No real difference that I can see...

Advice: EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT. Seriously man. EAT. Doesnt matter what it is, just eat alot of it.

:withstupi:

AdamD
03-13-2008, 06:26 AM

sorry, just didnt have time to make any replies..

calorie intake im not sure actually, when i use to use fitday i think it was between 3000-3800 a day..

im now taking about 3 mega gainer shakes a day which is about 95g of protein sometimes one of the shakes is a double so thats about 125-130g of protein, plus all the other food i eat, pastas, rice, noodles, meats..

i should really be eating more, but i often forget to lol, i just get carried away with my work n stuff..

and sorry but i dunno what you mean by "macros"..

markdk86
03-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Macros are your total numbers of carbohydrates, fats and proteins you consume daily.

killxswitch
03-13-2008, 09:35 AM
sorry, just didnt have time to make any replies..

calorie intake im not sure actually, when i use to use fitday i think it was between 3000-3800 a day..

im now taking about 3 mega gainer shakes a day which is about 95g of protein sometimes one of the shakes is a double so thats about 125-130g of protein, plus all the other food i eat, pastas, rice, noodles, meats..

i should really be eating more, but i often forget to lol, i just get carried away with my work n stuff..

and sorry but i dunno what you mean by "macros"..

According to Fitday I burn 3400 cals a day sitting on my ass in the office. It's not 100% accurate, but I'd imagine a guy with your metabolism would burn more than that. Yep, time to eat.

berfles
03-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I eat 5200+ calories a day now and I BARELY gain a pound a week. I'm not even sure I'm gaining that much yet, the past two weeks indicate I am but this week will say for sure.

I guess what I'm saying is I used to think 3800 was a ton and I could barely do it, but now that's nothing to me. 5000+ is a bigger chore than anything else though and I can't physically stomach more than this, so until I get an office job and stop running around in a warehouse I'm SOL.