PDA

View Full Version : Make Shake Taste Better?

Steven001
03-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Hello,

I had Body Fortress Whey Protein and loved it, the taste was great! (strawberry). After finishing the tub, I decided to give the Muscle and Weight Gainer a shot. Oh what a mistake that was... It's horrible! Absolutely disgusting! I don't understand, it's from the same company so surely they would try and make them taste similar.

I was wondering if there's anything I could add to it to make it taste a little better? I'm ashamed to say that I don't eat any fruit, but I guess I wouldn't matter as much if it was blended.

WillKuenzel
03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
If you're trying to gain weight... peanut butter helps everything. Fruit is also another good option. I've also been very partial to chocolate syrup and margarita mixes. High in calories but if you're trying to gain weight, it shouldn't be a big deal.

ProLogic
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Banana is a good taste pulverizer.

Nosaj
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Bananas, PB and olive oil are all shake traditional ingredients, and all have strong taste. You should be able to grind out the nasty taste of your weight gainer fairly easily.

Plus, take comfort in knowing there is always someone who eats something much worse. I remember a PT at a local gym I used to go to giving me his "delicious recipe" for a shake. It was like 2 cups of apple juice and a can of tuna, drink it like a shake. I tried it, absolutely disgusting. Tuna DOES NOT blend well and despite being in apple juice it just sticks to your mouth on the way down. Haha, just remember, it could be worse!