PDA

View Full Version : 2nd place!

chinaz
03-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey guys!

Power lifting is officially over, tell next year : (
but now, its time to train hard and sweat hard.

I left for killen tx on thursday for state championship, got there about 4, weighed in around 5.
( 100.9lbs )

then, went to texas road house and ATE.
: D

It was GREAT.

So, then on friday, showed up at state!

Didnt do good on squat :(
1st - 215 ( starter )
2nd - 230 ( missed ) didnt get it bec i wasnt fast with the "speed of the bar"
3rd - 230 got it! i almost didnt get it bec i went down so fast that i lost the balance i had and i somehow still made it up and got 2 white light and one red.
( my max is 245 )

dead lift-
1st - 205
2nd - 235
3rd - 255 ( pr )

bench
1st - 105
2nd - 115
3rd - 125 ( missed ) bec of bar placement, couldnt get it back up. : (

I came in 2nd place for the 105 weight class.
total of 600lbs.
1st place winner had a total of 635lbs.
( 1st place winner was a jr in high school and has been doing this for 3years.)

For those of you who dont know, this is my 1st year.
My coach said i could get a full scholarship if im interested in doing this is collage, I love lifting and i wouldnt mind doing it in collage.
( just a little freaked about looking to manly... ) : /

Now, here are my goals for next year.
squat 300lbs - 400lbs
dead lift 300lbs - 400lbs
bench 150 - 200lbs

sound good?? i think so!!

I had a total blast and i cant wait tell next year!!!

Now, i need a little help on squat.
I need to learn how to use my wraps as a bounce!!
I've only gotten a bounce outa them once before!
HELP!

alright, thanks guys,
bye

cphafner
03-15-2008, 11:41 AM
congrats on your placing. What schools have scholarships for powerlifting? I've never heard of that.

chinaz
03-15-2008, 11:43 AM
congrats on your placing. What schools have scholarships for powerlifting? I've never heard of that.

thanks!
neither have I!
coach said another coach told him to talk to me about it.
He said hes sure that Louisiana has some kind of scholarship for plifting.

cphafner
03-15-2008, 11:45 AM
thanks!
neither have I!
coach said another coach told him to talk to me about it.
He said hes sure that Louisiana has some kind of scholarship for plifting.

hmmm...interesting. I've only heard of powerlifting clubs (which some board members belong to), but nothing that offers scholarships.

BPM Osgood
03-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Awesome Job! You Should Be Proud of Yourself!! Your Goals for next Year are in the right ball park! Keep us posted on how your training is going!

chinaz
03-15-2008, 11:48 AM

hmmm...interesting. I've only heard of powerlifting clubs (which some board members belong to), but nothing that offers scholarships.

found one -

http://www.midvalleytowncrier.com/onset?id=185&template=article.html

cphafner
03-15-2008, 11:49 AM
found one -

http://www.midvalleytowncrier.com/onset?id=185&template=article.html

You learn something new every day!

chinaz
03-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Awesome Job! You Should Be Proud of Yourself!! Your Goals for next Year are in the right ball park! Keep us posted on how your training is going!

thanks!
I'll be sure to keep my training posted!

I think i should try to get my body fat down to 5% and then just gain enough muscle to still compete in my weight class.
( or maybe go up one weight class )

Lones Green
03-15-2008, 12:00 PM
go up one class!!! thats awesome that schools are offering scholarships for powerlifting.

Ben Moore
03-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Lousiana Tech has a huge pl team - and provides scholarships. There are a few, but hard to find for the most part.

Nice job China!

Travis Bell
03-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Great job!

justen caputo
03-15-2008, 01:27 PM
great job and good numbers

devo
03-15-2008, 02:02 PM
thanks!
I'll be sure to keep my training posted!

I think i should try to get my body fat down to 5% and then just gain enough muscle to still compete in my weight class.
( or maybe go up one weight class )

Is 5% even attainable/desirable for a female powerlifter?
I mean, heck, 5% for a female bodybuilder is pretty damn low isn't it?

correct me if I'm wrong here.

thanks

cphafner
03-15-2008, 02:05 PM
5% would be very tough to maintain, and I doubt is very heathly for a female (especially someone your age still developing).

devo
03-15-2008, 02:12 PM
5% would be very tough to maintain, and I doubt is very heathly for a female (especially someone your age still developing).

My thoughts exactly. I mean, why try to keep the BF so low when you're competing in a sport that's only concerned with strength and not leanness etc.

Darracq
03-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Your not going to look manly, so get that out of your head.

pulse
03-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Your not going to look manly, so get that out of your head.

Not without some kind of surgery.

Anyways great job! You have a few years to go so if you even wanted to go up a weight class you have plenty of time to break records for that class and I am sure you could do it if you accomplished all this in just a year.

nhlfan
03-15-2008, 03:21 PM
I'd recommend you go up TWO weight classes and forget that bodyfat thing

chinaz
03-15-2008, 04:38 PM
I'd recommend you go up TWO weight classes and forget that bodyfat thing

I dont think so : /

im 4'8 or 4'7

124 weight class wouldnt look to pretty on someone under 5feet..

Big Hick
03-15-2008, 07:15 PM
good job

BFGUITAR
03-16-2008, 10:14 AM
So when you deadlift, does the bar come up like 7 inches off the ground when you lock out? lol

chinaz
03-16-2008, 11:11 AM
So when you deadlift, does the bar come up like 7 inches off the ground when you lock out? lol

hahaha lmao!!

naw man naw,

3inches : )

get it right fool.

my fav part in dead lift is where almost everyone is screaming
HIPS HIPS HIPS!!!

Ruffian
03-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Good job.... Now find a real coach and start lifting IPF in the off season... but give yourself a good few months off.

Also, dont drop your body fat to 5%, your strength will be completely gone. From your pictures you look around 17-20 percent, and that is a healthy weight. Just try to gain a few pounds of muscle and take the strength gains that come with it.

Detard
03-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Congrats. Now do what ruffian said.

chinaz
03-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Good job.... Now find a real coach and start lifting IPF in the off season... but give yourself a good few months off.

Also, dont drop your body fat to 5%, your strength will be completely gone. From your pictures you look around 17-20 percent, and that is a healthy weight. Just try to gain a few pounds of muscle and take the strength gains that come with it.

hhm,
alrighty.
now, how do i find a coach??
ipf?

Congrats. Now do what ruffian said.

thanks!

Travis Bell
03-16-2008, 07:07 PM
he means compete in the USAPL

finding a coach depends on the area you live in but TX is pretty full of good PL gyms

BFGUITAR
03-16-2008, 07:10 PM
It amazes me how you got second place with such little experience. Ive been working my ass off for 1.5 years and am no where near competition levels. Don't waste a good thing!

chinaz
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
he means compete in the USAPL

finding a coach depends on the area you live in but TX is pretty full of good PL gyms

AAhh, i see.
well thanks god i can start driving in less then a month : D

It amazes me how you got second place with such little experience. Ive been working my ass off for 1.5 years and am no where near competition levels. Don't waste a good thing!

ha, yea, thats what my coach said. thanks : )
he wants me to try to stay in the same weight class, or go up if my body does it, and go up about 100lbs.
I really want to hit a total of 800 or up next year.
like, i want this BADLY.
My parents and family are just freaked about me looking to manly and getting "shorter" then i already am. Im not to freaked about 100lbs more.
im just freaked about lifting in college.

bjohnso
03-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Good work Chinaz. That's a very impressive deadlift.

chinaz
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Good work Chinaz. That's a very impressive deadlift.

Im going to hit 300 by next year

Ruffian
03-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Hahahaha, there are so few women that compete in powerlifting that it is relatively easy to make it to the top. Especially if your someone like Chinaz with good proportions... I am consistantly told that my femur is too long :P

Anyways, I am a fan of the IPF (its USA affiliate is USAPL) as it is a worldwide federation and their parallel is ... well.. parallel. But everyone has a different view of it. You will find it different from what I saw of your other videos, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people who compete in it. You will do very well, you are quite short, which is good lol. I have a good... uhm... 10 inches on you. But also 60 lbs, so lets pretend it evens out :P

You are doing very well, do a little bit of research on the internet and find one yourself, unfortunately most of us dont know enough details about you to know what will work or not. Google is a fantastic thing.

motoko013
03-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Now, here are my goals for next year.
squat 300lbs - 400lbs
dead lift 300lbs - 400lbs
bench 150 - 200lbs

if you get that, you'd be stronger than ~90% of the people that squat at my university gym...i hope you get it