PDA

View Full Version : PSMF/ Craving ?????

patrick3217
03-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I started my psmf day before yesterday going from pretty high carbs to pretty much none.. Still workin out a couple bugs, but noticed that yesterday I was craving something sweet. Like more than usual. Decided to have a diet soda because no sugar no carbs but still sweet. What are the thoughts on that?

Diet soda ok once in a while to curb cravings? Or should I just man up lol?

thx.

DirtyRobot
03-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I started my psmf day before yesterday going from pretty high carbs to pretty much none.. Still workin out a couple bugs, but noticed that yesterday I was craving something sweet. Like more than usual. Decided to have a diet soda because no sugar no carbs but still sweet. What are the thoughts on that?

Diet soda ok once in a while to curb cravings? Or should I just man up lol?

thx.
if it has zero calories/carbs it's fine, assuming it doesn't increase the cravings for sugary stuff and make you give in.

VikingWarlord
03-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I had the same thing when I did my first PSMF. I actually curbed my cravings with either a diet cream soda or a scoop of chocolate Nitrean.

patrick3217
03-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Thx.. diet root beer did it for me.. thx fellas

Unreal
03-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Did you read the book? I believe it covers this stuff.

JSully
03-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Did you read the book? I believe it covers this stuff.

Agreed.. it also says sugar free gum helps alot (which it does).

Days 4-7 are the worst. Once you get to day 8 without cheating, you've only got 3 more days and its smooth sailing.

When I ran PSMF I was boxing as well. Might I pause real quickly to strongly advise against sparring while on PSMF as the PSMF slows down your reflexes to duck, weave and slip. Anyways, I would get extremely tired in the gym, almost unable to complete workouts. Try doing cardio first to get it out of the way. Alot of people are against this but I find it helps much better. If you do your weights first, you feel like such crap you just want to leave when the weights are over. Don't do high intensity workouts, sets of 8-10 reps with mediocre weight. Less is more in this time of humility. Run a 3-4 day refeed (the healthier the better) and you'll notice much better gains and much less losses (strength).

One thing I like to recommend as I tried it myself and it is in Lyle's book. If you take a very small amount of carbs in during your workout, it will allow you to lift heavier and more intense without as bad of side effects and you will burn off those calories almost immediately due to the higher intensity of your workout, though, intensity will still not be close to a "normal" workout. I used to get the powder powerade and use 1/2-1 scoop of it diluted in a gallon of water then sip that throughout the workout. It really helped on those extremely exhausting days. Try to stay away from that for the first 4 days of the PSMF cycle though.

Hope I helped some.