PDA

View Full Version : A guy I worked with

chris mason
03-16-2008, 09:36 PM
The below videos are of Justin Tooley at a recent 100% Raw meet held here in VA. I believe this was Justin's first meet.

He employed my "Up Your Bench" program for 30 days prior to the meet.

He is a tremendously strong natural talent who should really progress nicely if he decides to devote himself to powerlifting.

He weighed in at 233 lbs for the meet.

This first video is of him smoking 445 lbs:

1t_FwSROXM4

This is his miss at 475 lbs:

_6VO2dMuKXw

He also pulled a raw 580 lbs later in the day (it was a push/pull meet).

chinaz
03-16-2008, 09:37 PM
holy god.

i really need to work on my arms big time.
like BIG time.

i totally suck at bench press.
like badly...

: (

Travis Bell
03-16-2008, 10:48 PM
that was waaaay impressive!!! First meet too, unbelieveable. Think were watching a new strong bencher. Little work on his form and he'll rock 500

chris mason
03-17-2008, 06:18 AM
that was waaaay impressive!!! First meet too, unbelieveable. Think were watching a new strong bencher. Little work on his form and he'll rock 500

Yep, he is all brute strength right now. A relatively narrow grip and zero arch. What would you suggest Travis (relative to form)?

Travis Bell
03-17-2008, 08:07 AM
tuck the shoulders back and the elbows as well. Looks like he's kinda trying to tuck his elbows as is so it might just take time. Getting some more arch and leg drive will definatly help off the chest

Looked to me at least on his 475, if he'd have had a little wider grip so he could get his large triceps under it, he's have gotten it. A narrower belt may help him arch better.

These will help him fine tune and take him up, but even as he is right now, super strength. Very nice work. Do you know who he trains with now?

Guido
03-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Impressive, Chris. Once he gets the form down and does some lockout work he's going to be extremely impressive. A 580 DL raw is nothing to sneeze at, either, considering it's a first meet.

bill
03-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Big strong guy, has he trained long?

Invain
03-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I missed the part about it being a 100% Raw meet untill I glanced over the post again. Pretty damn strong.

Btw, how old is he Chris? Just curious.