PDA

View Full Version : Results and Niacin Allergy?

txmike1
03-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Chris (or anyone else that might know),

I have severe allergies to Niacin - ended up needing an epenephrine(sp?) shot when they put me on Niaspan for blood pressure. I've now got that down to normal so I don't take any bp meds.

Anyway, I've read people having "reactions" to beta alanine that are "similar" to what "some" people have to niacin. My reaction to niacin was probably 10x the normal reaction - whole body was flushed bright red, throat closed up, difficulty breathing, etc.

Ok, so that's the background, on to the question.....

Would a niacin allergy keep me from being able to take the Results (with B-alanine)? I scanned the ingredients and didn't see niacin listed, and 99% of the time that means I'd be ok, but since they cause similar reactions I didn't know maybe they are in the same "family"? (If that makes sense?)

Thanks for any info, I'd love to try Results but I don't want a return visit to the ER!

p.s. If anyone besides Chris wants to post the normal "consult your dr." please don't....I go to the VA and they are idiots (before niaspan I had no known drug allergies, and they don't seem to think they should test for other stuff, just go by a try it and see attitude). Now, if Chris says go to your dr I don't have anything in my research that would help, then that's what I'll have to do. Thanks again!

Travis Bell
03-17-2008, 08:18 AM
I don't have anything to offer but I think you're doing the right ting by checking. That sucks bro bet it'd be scarey having your throat all closed up like that

chris mason
03-17-2008, 08:33 AM
That is a good question. BA is a component of vitamin B-5. Niacin is also a B vitamin. I suggest you do not use RESULTS.

Chris

txmike1
03-17-2008, 11:47 AM
That is a good question. BA is a component of vitamin B-5. Niacin is also a B vitamin. I suggest you do not use RESULTS.

Chris

Thanks for the quick response, Chris. Not the answer that I wanted (or that you wanted to give from a business standpoint I'm sure!), but I appreciate your candor.

I also think I'm a non-responder to creatine (I've tried loading/maintenance, constant 3 day on 3 day off load, etc nothing helps), but I do get a good increase endurance wise from NO products.

Anything you would recommend that might give me similar benefits to what others are getting from Results? Looking for something to speed the increases in stength/size, while dropping body fat (was over 30% now down in 20s, aiming for 15-18) since my "newbie gains" have slowed (I'm getting low on my supps and have always believed in supporting people that sponsor boards I frequent)

Appreciate your time!

txmike1
03-17-2008, 08:35 PM
I just checked out some of the other things I've been taking, and they have B6 and B12 in them, and no reaction to them, so maybe I don't have reactions to all the "B" vitamins and it could just be specific to Niacin.

Now I'm as confused as ever! Guess I could pick up a small quantity of BA somewhere and see if I had a reaction to it....they did give me a few eppy pens just in case hehehe