PDA

View Full Version : Better to get sleep or meal in?

beachmuscles
03-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Ah, schedule is all jacked up today. I have to get up extra early today...

I can either skip one of my meals, or get 5-6 hours of sleep. I figured it's better to skip one of my carb/protein meals keep my fat/protein meals (raise the protein) and head to bed.

What do you think is more important good sleep, or all meals? If you had to pick one or the other? This doesn't happen alot...But just curious.

I have a meal that is usually 35g protein / 24g carbs, that I'm going to skip and just make my last 2 protein/fat only meals have a little more protein. I'm cutting, so I figure the extra 24g carbs wont hurt much.

bjohnso
03-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Just grab some fast food if you don't have time to cook. Or grind up a huge shake.

beachmuscles
03-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Just grab some fast food if you don't have time to cook. Or grind up a huge shake.

I dont think you get the question...I mean I just don't have time for the meals...Since I woke up late today, and have to get up really early tommorow, if I want to get a good amount of sleep. So I'm skipping a meal, and hitting the sack early.

bjohnso
03-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Skipping a meal won't kill you. I guess it depends what kind of work you do, and if it's not too much of a hindrance (or a danger) for you to be sleepy. My boss would randomly put me on 12hr shifts, and I just cut out the lifting for that week, and ate and slept. I'd say do either, I guess. It sucks, but you gotta roll with it.

KingWilder
03-17-2008, 08:58 PM
just make up the calories the next day or during the week

RedSpikeyThing
03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
It's not a regular thing, it really doesn't matter. I would chug a shake and hit the hay. Though if I had to pick one or the other I would pick sleep.

Unreal
03-18-2008, 09:22 AM
1 day doesn't matter. Do whatever you want. Eat, don't eat, go do some cardio, lift, drink, party, get wasted, whatever.