PDA

View Full Version : Fat Ectomorph

rtrose
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
So, I have been bulking since September, and my weight has gone from 124 lbs to just under 160. My muscle gains have been great... however, I have grown a big gut/butt.
I followed the basic rules of eat heavy/lift heavy/sleep heavy. I am pleased with all of my progress but the gut, in fact, it is the only part of me that really looks fat, making a kind of skinny fat look. Hahaha.

Anyhow, I want to continue bulking, but cleaner. Is there a way to do this without growing the gut more? Also, is there a way of making my midsection smaller, without taking away the fat from everything else (face etc). I'll include some photos after I take them.

rtrose
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Here are a few pictures I just took.

ProLogic
03-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Good job putting weight. What did your diet look like to gain so much weight and what was the time frame?

rtrose
03-18-2008, 04:53 PM
It was from last september. I just force fed myself like 5 meals a day, and lifted 3 x's a week

cornmaster
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm a bit like that myself, but much more extreme, I have a 43 inch wiast lol.
Just keep bulking if you like the extra strength you have.

cornmaster
03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
BTW, what are your stats? Chest, arm size etc.

cphafner
03-20-2008, 09:02 AM
what did these 5 meals look like?

rtrose
03-20-2008, 02:04 PM
BTW, what are your stats? Chest, arm size etc.

Today:

Chest- 38.25"

Arm- 12.5"

Waist- 33.5"

Thigh- 23.5"

Before:

Chest- 32"

Arm- 10"

Waist- 29"

Thigh- 19.5"

rtrose
03-20-2008, 02:08 PM
what did these 5 meals look like?

1. Bowl of Oatmeal
2. 4-5 chicken breast fillets
3. Chicken Fetucini Alfredo
4. 4-5 chicken breast fillets
5. Random

I also drank a whey protein shake about 3 times a day with a peanut butter sandwich right before bed.

I also added soda to my diet, but I am removing that now, as I have gained too much fat. I actually originally wanted to gain some fat for my face.

frank
03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
1. Bowl of Oatmeal
2. 4-5 chicken breast fillets
3. Chicken Fetucini Alfredo
4. 4-5 chicken breast fillets
5. Random

I also drank a whey protein shake about 3 times a day with a peanut butter sandwich right before bed.

I also added soda to my diet, but I am removing that now, as I have gained too much fat. I actually originally wanted to gain some fat for my face.

the chicken fetucini has alot of sodium and some bad fat. i would stick with marinated chicken breasts or maybe add some egg whites and PB on toast.

rtrose
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
thats what i'm thinking right now...

frank
03-21-2008, 01:33 PM
i have only been doing my diet for a month or two now but here is what i think you should do:

-boil eggs on sunday night to last you throughout the whole week (say you have 4-6 hard boiled eggs per day, make about 20)
-stock up on chicken cutlets and any sort of chicken you like
-look at the articles, one i believe is titled "how to eat like a bodybuilder." it has alot of marinades and seasoning you can put on your meat
-for simple chicken cutlets dip the cutlet in breadcrumbs, then a mixture of egg/water in a 2:1 ratio, then back in the breadcrumbs and your ready to fry in oil
-non fat milk is important to have aswell (for protein shakes)
-if your still hungry after you meal have some oats or a non fat yogurt

Notorious
03-21-2008, 04:00 PM
8-10 chicken breasts a day? That sounds like hell!

If you think you're gaining too much fat, all you can really do is drop the calories a bit, but not enough so that you aren't gaining weight. Gaining .5-1lb a week shouldn't put on much fat.

Also make sure your routine is decent.

rtrose
03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
i have only been doing my diet for a month or two now but here is what i think you should do:

-boil eggs on sunday night to last you throughout the whole week (say you have 4-6 hard boiled eggs per day, make about 20)
-stock up on chicken cutlets and any sort of chicken you like
-look at the articles, one i believe is titled "how to eat like a bodybuilder." it has alot of marinades and seasoning you can put on your meat
-for simple chicken cutlets dip the cutlet in breadcrumbs, then a mixture of egg/water in a 2:1 ratio, then back in the breadcrumbs and your ready to fry in oil
-non fat milk is important to have aswell (for protein shakes)
-if your still hungry after you meal have some oats or a non fat yogurt
Thanks!

rtrose
03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Yea, I was gaining like 2-3 lbs a week... way too fast!

And I won't be still hungry after eating my daily amounts, because I have a very very low appetite. Eating this much to get here was hell, and involved a ton of puking and swallowing. Cutting back would be wonderful!

rtrose
03-26-2008, 01:55 PM
8-10 chicken breasts a day? That sounds like hell!

It was chicken breast fillets, but it was hell! I ate them with BBQ sauce and Honey Mustard just to get them down!