PDA

View Full Version : What to eat to hit the goal...

chevrolet02z28
03-19-2008, 12:47 PM
So Ive been lifting from probably about 4-5 years.... during that time ive humped job to job and had a bad accident which put me out for agood time but i could never get abck into the gym how i used to be... Im currently weighing at around 150lbs... 5'6 with very little body fat..... when i was into full 110% my max weight was 165lbs(kinda leveled off there and couldnt get over that hill).... although i ddint feel much biger... but the scale doesnt lie... maybe because i have such a low bf percentage? but any how ive always lacked on the eating... i was wondering what a good type of eating shecduel i shoudl get into... i want to hit like 180 solid... should i worry about fatty stuff? or should i jsut eat whatever i can get my hands on.... upoin my massive protein intake... my thoughts where to do protein like 3-4 times a day... and im italian so eat a hell of alot more pasta for carbs... any quick snacks or foods i should take into concern?

Slim Schaedle
03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
So Ive been lifting from probably about 4-5 years.... during that time ive humped job to job and had a bad accident which put me out for agood time but i could never get abck into the gym how i used to be... Im currently weighing at around 150lbs... 5'6 with very little body fat..... when i was into full 110% my max weight was 165lbs(kinda leveled off there and couldnt get over that hill).... although i ddint feel much biger... but the scale doesnt lie... maybe because i have such a low bf percentage? but any how ive always lacked on the eating... i was wondering what a good type of eating shecduel i shoudl get into... i want to hit like 180 solid... should i worry about fatty stuff? or should i jsut eat whatever i can get my hands on.... upoin my massive protein intake... my thoughts where to do protein like 3-4 times a day... and im italian so eat a hell of alot more pasta for carbs... any quick snacks or foods i should take into concern?

This will sound dickish, but did you read anything on this site before posting this question?

chevrolet02z28
03-19-2008, 01:16 PM
No im new to the site not dickish at all........ thankjs for the warm welcome... and ive read so much... but thats y ide figure ide throw a post cause everyone has different thoughts and ideas..... hints or tips.... every body and there body is different.. sure i can read about someone who weighs 220 lbs and wants to weigh 200... what good is that for me... thats why im posting MY info for help... cause i dont care about the guy whos overweight...

Slim Schaedle
03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
No im new to the site not dickish at all........ thankjs for the warm welcome... and ive read so much... but thats y ide figure ide throw a post cause everyone has different thoughts and ideas..... hints or tips.... every body and there body is different.. sure i can read about someone who weighs 220 lbs and wants to weigh 200... what good is that for me... thats why im posting MY info for help... cause i dont care about the guy whos overweight...

If you read the articles, every question you asked would be answered.

Your questions are not very individualistic at all.

I'm just trying to save you from being flamed by everyone else who will come in here and pretty much say the same thing.

Maybe you could say what you specicifally do now, and then ask specifc questions pertaining to such.

uskidsknow
03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Flaming a new poster, regardless of the fundamental questions they may ask, is childish and ridiculous. Joining a new forum, especially one on a subject such as weight lifting and nutrition that can be about as complicated and overwhelming as nuclear physics to some people, is a daunting task. I have been part of forums for a very long time, though am new to this particular one. Every member of a forum should politely tell a newbie where they can find the correct information, and they should do it respectfully.

Unreal
03-19-2008, 01:56 PM
He did. Read the articles and stickies.

Want the simple answer, to gain you need calories. Keep eating more till you are gaining weight.

Slim Schaedle
03-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Flaming a new poster, regardless of the fundamental questions they may ask, is childish and ridiculous. Joining a new forum, especially one on a subject such as weight lifting and nutrition that can be about as complicated and overwhelming as nuclear physics to some people, is a daunting task. I have been part of forums for a very long time, though am new to this particular one. Every member of a forum should politely tell a newbie where they can find the correct information, and they should do it respectfully.

Considering I did not flame anyone, and it was indicated that my initial response was "not dickish at all" (unless that was sarcasm), I am unsure why you posted the above response.

The problem with people starting out is that they want all the answers handed to them. That is the current "American way."

So, they get responses handed to them without doing their own research or asking questions that actually matter, and theyfail.

And then they wonder why.

So, as I said earlier, perhaps the OP should post what he does right now, and ask specific questions about it, instead of expecting to be handed a cookie.

(now, that was dickish. However, I blame it on the fact that no one here in the lab where I work notified me that it is the official "let's-see-how much-of-a-dumbass-I-can-be" day, .... and as a result, I am trying to make up for their incompetence.)

Cirino83
03-20-2008, 08:44 AM

:confused:

On a serious note, if you want to gain weight, you have to eat. I would open a free account on www.fitday.com and track your daily foods for a week or so to find out your daily maintenance. Next step is to eat more than that and you will gain. If you are gaining too much fat too quickly, adjust your calories. Worry about the small stuff later.

cphafner
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
What Slim is saying is that this general bulking question comes up all the thiem. We have a series of stickied threads at the top off all the forums which contain the answers to most general questions. Please start by reading these and using the search to find other similar questions. After reading all that post more specific questions you may have.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119

chevrolet02z28
03-20-2008, 09:17 AM
i appreciate any help and have been apart of other forums before and understand how simple the search button is but.. i dont have a computer.. go on at my gf's house and she has fricking dial up.. cause they dont use the internet either... soo thats why i figured ide just throw a post instead of taking min after min for a page to load.... and u usually get a good 1 out of 5 who will help soo i figured ide take the hit and negativety on not usuing the search button and maybe get some help... in all ends i dont really care sorry if i pissed ne one off.... thpose who helps me thanks... thanks for that site... ill have to check it out

Slim Schaedle
03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
i dont really care sorry if i pissed ne one off....

nah bro, you didn't piss anyone off.

in any case, welcome

:)

frank
03-20-2008, 04:48 PM

pasta before workout is great, if you want to eat it for lunch or dinner add meatballs/ground beef. just do what you were doing, heres a basic outline for bulking:

meal 1 - 6 egg whites 2 yolks (salami/ham optional), 4-6 pieces of toast plain or peanut butter, 16 oz water, 8 oz no fat milk
meal 2 - 1 serving of pain non fat yogurt with a bag of peanuts (good fats), 8 oz water
meal 3 - chicken breast sandwich, 8 oz milk, 8 oz water
meal 4 - 3 hard boiled eggs (you can eat the yolk if you want), 8 oz yogurt, 8 oz water
meal 5 (pre workout for me) - i would eat a banana and im trying to get my hands on some waxy maize. if you can eat at home before you workout i suggest you plan it so you have some pasta about an hour before. also take results if you purchase supplements from ALN, 8 oz water
meal 6 (post workout for me) - i take 3 scoops of whey in 8-16 oz of non fat milk. since you weigh more than me i would take 4-5 scoops. if you purchase the maximum mass stack just take opticen instead, 8 oz water
meal 7 - dinner for me, so whatever is served. i suggest a red meat, chicken can get boring. its good to have a baked potato or 2 with the skin, 16 oz water
meal 8 - 8 oz yogurt with 8 oz milk, 8 oz water

if you have nitrean take that in a glass of non fat milk instead of the yogurt if you want. the diet is well over 200 grams of protein and perfect for some clean bulking.

cphafner
03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
pasta before workout is great, if you want to eat it for lunch or dinner add meatballs/ground beef. just do what you were doing, heres a basic outline for bulking:

meal 1 - 6 egg whites 2 yolks (salami/ham optional), 4-6 pieces of toast plain or peanut butter, 16 oz water, 8 oz no fat milk
meal 2 - 1 serving of pain non fat yogurt with a bag of peanuts (good fats), 8 oz water
meal 3 - chicken breast sandwich, 8 oz milk, 8 oz water
meal 4 - 3 hard boiled eggs (you can eat the yolk if you want), 8 oz yogurt, 8 oz water
meal 5 (pre workout for me) - i would eat a banana and im trying to get my hands on some waxy maize. if you can eat at home before you workout i suggest you plan it so you have some pasta about an hour before. also take results if you purchase supplements from ALN, 8 oz water
meal 6 (post workout for me) - i take 3 scoops of whey in 8-16 oz of non fat milk. since you weigh more than me i would take 4-5 scoops. if you purchase the maximum mass stack just take opticen instead, 8 oz water
meal 7 - dinner for me, so whatever is served. i suggest a red meat, chicken can get boring. its good to have a baked potato or 2 with the skin, 16 oz water
meal 8 - 8 oz yogurt with 8 oz milk, 8 oz water

if you have nitrean take that in a glass of non fat milk instead of the yogurt if you want. the diet is well over 200 grams of protein and perfect for some clean bulking.

I would never want heavy pasta sitting in my stomach before I work out. There is not much fiber in there (gotta get in the green veggies, oats, etc). 3-5 scoops of most proteins would be 75-125g of protein.

frank
03-20-2008, 05:06 PM
I would never want heavy pasta sitting in my stomach before I work out. There is not much fiber in there (gotta get in the green veggies, oats, etc). 3-5 scoops of most proteins would be 75-125g of protein.

i didnt count the proteins that well

chevrolet02z28
03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for any input it all helps and is all taken into great consideration on my routine for eating better.... and what to eat...

How many grams of protein on an average daily basis should i consume to put on size? and how many calories without over eating... cause i want the size but i dont want to increase my bf % to much.. i know going after more calories will probably jump my bf % up a bit... but its something i guess i gotta deal with to bulk

frank
03-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks for any input it all helps and is all taken into great consideration on my routine for eating better.... and what to eat...

How many grams of protein on an average daily basis should i consume to put on size? and how many calories without over eating... cause i want the size but i dont want to increase my bf % to much.. i know going after more calories will probably jump my bf % up a bit... but its something i guess i gotta deal with to bulk

whenever you are hungry, grab a non fat yogurt or a chicken breast, even oats. just eat healthy. you dont have to worry about the little things but if you constantly eat high cholesterol/saturated fat foods you will get no where on terms of body fat loss. you will still make gains but not fat loss.

Trevor M.
03-21-2008, 11:49 AM
you dont have to worry about the little things but if you constantly eat high cholesterol/saturated fat foods you will get no where on terms of body fat loss. you will still make gains but not fat loss.

Calories alone determine fat loss. Eating high saturated fat and cholesterol diet would not hamper weight loss so long as calorie intake is kept in check.
Simple thermodynamics.

Besides, dietary cholesterol doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as we once thought. Just read one of the many studies that have emerged showing dietary cholesterol to have very little if any impact on serum cholesterol.

You are right about maintaining a lower sat fat intake, though.

VikingWarlord
03-22-2008, 05:49 PM
whenever you are hungry, grab a non fat yogurt or a chicken breast, even oats. just eat healthy. you dont have to worry about the little things but if you constantly eat high cholesterol/saturated fat foods you will get no where on terms of body fat loss. you will still make gains but not fat loss.

After reading all your posts in this thread, I see where your username came from.

Joseppi
03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Calories alone determine fat loss. Eating high saturated fat and cholesterol diet would not hamper weight loss so long as calorie intake is kept in check.
Simple thermodynamics.

Besides, dietary cholesterol doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as we once thought. Just read one of the many studies that have emerged showing dietary cholesterol to have very little if any impact on serum cholesterol.

You are right about maintaining a lower sat fat intake, though.

Most of what you said seems to make sense, except for the last sentence, it seems a bit contradictory in relation to what you say about calories alone determining fat loss. How can he be right about saturated fats and body fat loss if calories alone determine fat loss?

Trevor M.
03-25-2008, 12:23 PM
. How can he be right about saturated fats and body fat loss if calories alone determine fat loss?

I meant that in the context of "over all health". Not in the context of how it effects weight loss.

RinkerxX
03-26-2008, 05:48 AM

shut up and Do what he told you to do.