PDA

View Full Version : Should I take my protein and creatine everyday even when I'm sick?

00MaxSE
03-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I haven't been to the gym in over a week because I've been sick with flu like symptoms. Should I still take my daily creatine and my whey protein which I take twice a day?

Or will that make me fat since I'm not exercising while I'm sick.

Damnit I hate missing workouts. I've been sick so much this winter. :mad:

bjohnso
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes. Keep eating if you can, too. You're not going to be able to put on any appreciable amount of fat in a week.

00MaxSE
03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Cool. Thanks. I'm drinking plenty of water too.

Holla to a fellow Ohioan.

azma
03-21-2008, 01:38 AM
It's good that you're drinking a bunch of water.

How many grams of creatine are you taking daily?

Rogue
03-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Taking your whey and creatine supplement alone are not going to increase your caloric intake enough for you gain fat. It's probably good to drink more liquids when you are sick anyway...

00MaxSE
03-21-2008, 03:42 PM
It's good that you're drinking a bunch of water.

How many grams of creatine are you taking daily?

I take the serving size on the tub. 5g (1tsp) mixed with my unflavored whey protein and a heaping tablespoon of dextrose in the mornings.
Should I take more?

bjohnso
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I take the serving size on the tub. 5g (1tsp) mixed with my unflavored whey protein and a heaping tablespoon of dextrose in the mornings.
Should I take more?

No, don't take more. Why do you take the dextrose in the morning though?

00MaxSE
03-21-2008, 06:14 PM
No, don't take more. Why do you take the dextrose in the morning though?

Oh ok good.

Should I only take that at night? One of my friends (Progress) recommended taking it with creatine.

bjohnso
03-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh ok good.

Should I only take that at night? One of my friends (Progress) recommended taking it with creatine.

It's my understanding (I'm kind of a diet noob) that taking dextrose with creatine will create an insulin spike that shuttles the creatine to your muscles faster - but it takes like 80g of dextrose to do that. Taking a tablespoon isn't going to do anything, I don't think.