PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Question

DK
03-18-2002, 01:34 PM
Ok, I'm not totally sure I fully understand bulking and cutting, but from what I know I think I need to bulk. Here is where I'm at.--

I'm 5`9 and 150 lbs. I'm pretty strong, but I think I need to get bigger if I want better results.

My lifts are: Bench 175 Squat 285 and Dead Lift 295

This is my usual diet right now: 7am: a bowl of whole grain cereal
orange juice and a fruit
12pm: whatever the school makes
usually has a fruit, veggi,
milk and a main dish
3:30pm: Peanut butter and jelly
sandwich and milk
after workout: Protein Shake
7pm: meat, veggi, fruit, etc.

I really want to bulk and get up to 175lbs or so, I'm sure I'd be lifting like a hoss then. How many calories should I be consuming daily and how much protein and fat do my body need? Can someone explain exactly what bulking is and give me a diet that would help me make some gains? Thanks a lot.

MonkeyBoy
03-18-2002, 02:06 PM
First thing I notice is that you at the least need to add a protein to your first meal.

MonkeyBoy
03-18-2002, 02:08 PM
If those lifts are correct and you wiegh 150 than you are a strong little mofo....your not one one of those halfway squat dudes?? huh huh huh ??

JHolmes145
03-18-2002, 02:20 PM
n-large2

DK
03-19-2002, 06:53 PM
For someone who has bulked, What would an actual bulking diet look like?

Zalxder
03-19-2002, 06:57 PM
My diet = little fruit. simple sugars just add fat (an opinion)
lots and lots of low fat meats.
one fatty meal a day (double cheeseburger and a bag of lowfat chips, somewere along those lines)
lots of cereal
maybe 2 protein bars a day, at least one
3 serving of whey =70 grams of protein
lots and lots of little snacks, i.e. cottage cheese, pickles, bread/toast, can of tuna fish
and drink alot of milk and water

DK
03-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the post zalxder. I need to get some protein bars, other than that, I'm set. I got the whey, and meat is good.

Can someone else who is bulking tell me what their diet is like

DK
03-19-2002, 08:00 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

How many calories should I be consuming?

Protein?

Fat?

Thanks again

Zalxder
03-19-2002, 08:03 PM
im 6'5 185 pounds. i consume 3k calories a day. limitless amount of protein, less than 40 grams of fat. on off days i eat about 2.5k cals about 20 grams of fat, and about 200 grams of protein. fill in the rest with carbs

Ironman15
03-19-2002, 10:03 PM
I have a fast ass metabolism and eat 3500-4000 calories a day and I have trouble gaining weight. I'm 5'6" and weigh 132. Just all depends on your metabolism, just add a couple hundred more calories a day to what you're eating and see if you gain weight, if you don't then add some more.

notSoBig Guy
03-19-2002, 10:41 PM
I'm cutting right now, and I'm goign crazy. I love bulking.

It may not work for you, but my bulking style is a lot of protein, a lot of carbs, and some fat, like even bad fat, I'll have McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc. 3-4 times a week when I'm bulking, and my last bulk I gained very little fat for what I ate, but strength and muscle gains were good.

About 4 months till my next binge life.

DK
03-20-2002, 08:43 PM
Ok, Ill try that. I've never actually counted my calories before. I'm going for it

DK
03-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Can someone else tell me their diet while bulking?

tony touch
03-24-2002, 09:59 PM
try this diet for weight gain (solid gains not blimp gains)

7 am: an egg omlete (3 eggs), a quick protein shake (something like designer with low carbs (carbs and fat dont mix even in a bulking cycle) ), and a couple glasses of water

9 am: turkey sandwich(2 slices of whole wheat) with a glass of milk. a couple glasses of h2o

12 pm: a hamburger, 3 tablespoons of natty peantubutter, and a couple glasses of h20.

2pm: a salad with some italian dressing or a little blu cheese, 2 hardboiled eggs with a lot of water

4 pm: 2 bananas and acouple of bottles of water.
4:30 workout.
5:30 postworkout shake

6:30: steak, salad, and beans.h20

8:30 1 scoop of pb.

10:00 like half a thing of cottage cheese or a couple of hardboiled eggs with a couple glasses of skim milk.

still having trouble putting on weight, wake up in the middle of the night and have a pb and banana sandwich on wheat along with a weight gain shake (most will put on some bf with it tho)

Time + Patience
03-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Tony Touch, do you know an estimate of your totals of cal's protein and all that, your diet sounds good, just wondering how much you get from it, numbers wise

To the original bulking question. I used to have everthing written out, but I morely go by eatting so many meals a day, or basically the same thing everday.

meal 1- pancakes with protein powder, milk
meal 2- turkey sandwich, milk, lil debbie
meal 3- pb+J, milk, lil debbie
meal 4- tuna, and ramen noodles (half a block)
meal 5- protein shake
meal 6- chicken, rice
meal 7- either meal 4 or 6 again

I plan on adding some rice to meal 5 for the carbs after a workout.

Here's an estimate of my totals...
Calories- 3,800
Protein- 250
Carbs- 610
Fats- 80

I like this meal plan also, keeps me feeling good, energy never to bad, I like a higher amount of carbs and fats.

I haven't had to bulk lean yet, I'm hoping I can get away with eatting what I want for a few more years, until I have to worry bout watching what I eat.

And like notsobigguy, I eat fast food a few times a week. I love it!!

Zalxder
03-25-2002, 03:52 PM
i eat 3 bowls of cereal in the morning. and protein
double cheese burger for lunch.
tuna fish sandwich and protein for before workout meal
carb drink 110 carbs = 440 cals. at the gym
dinner (lots of meats and veggies)
more protein

make sure you eat good foods, and get enough protein

tony touch
03-25-2002, 04:07 PM
lil debbies r good 4 fat gain. LOL

when bulking i always try to get an estimated 4,000 calories a day with a whole lot of protein in there. if i see love handles poppin out, ill drop it down to 3-3500 calories, more sane approach.

having trouble reaching calorie demands, include more fat in ur meals