PDA

View Full Version : My never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Keith
03-21-2008, 07:56 PM
So I've finally decided to make one of these. I've been on just about every damn program out there but I've only given about 2 of them a shot (3+ months). I change programs all the time because of one thing I don't like, or another program that I read up on that's the BeSTesT ProGrAm OuT tHEre that'll get you HYYYOOOGGEE!!1!! From bodybuilding routines, to strength training routines, you name them, I've probably done them...or something similar to it.

It's time to settle down on, none other than westside. My bands have arrived, I just finished making some boards for myself from 1-5. I've always been very small and very weak. I graduated high school at 128 lbs @ 5'9". I'm now 21, 170 lbs @ 5'9". My goals as of now and always have been about size and aesthetics. I want to be as large, as lean and proportioned as possible. Hopefully step on stage as well. But who knows, I love training in the lower rep ranges with much heavier poundages and may be stepping on a platform. Either way, I want to compete at some point.

My strength has really plateaued in the past year using bodybuilding routines. Come to think of it, my physique has too. This I can blame on lack of control over diet, and not being able to make consistant PR's. But my dedication and commitment have always been something to be proud of. So I've decided to start training solely for strength and bring it right up so down the road, it will be much easier to put on some good quality mass when I start training in higher rep ranges and my CNS is better developed. And I'm sure through this journey I'll be able to put on some quality mass as well, especially considering how strict my diet is now. I've just started tracking everything I eat and shooting for a gain of 1 lb/week and so far, it's been a success. Hopefully the majority of it has been muscle mass. As pathetic as my total is now, I've come a long way. Right now it's sitting at about 780 lbs.

So, let's get this show on the road.

Keith
03-21-2008, 08:18 PM
I train in my basement. It's pretty small, but it gets the job done.

Rack, adjustable bench, mili press bench, weights to about 500 lbs, dumbbells from 10-90 lbs in 2.5 increments and a spinner. I also just made myself boards from 1-5 and ordered minis, monster minis and light bands from elitefts too.

Here's what it looks like:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/IMG_1086.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/IMG_1085.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/IMG_1082.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/IMG_1081.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/IMG_1084.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/IMG_1088.jpg

Rusty
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Finally, a place where I can rag on your skinny ass to eat more!

Since I usually train alone, I put a small eyelet in each side of my boards so I can strap it around my chest with a bungee cord. It prevents it from sliding into my face. Just something you might consider if you don't always have somebody to hold your boards.

Kiaran
03-21-2008, 08:41 PM
What up, bro. Nice setup! Love the board presses and bands going on there, heh. Hopefully that milk crate doesn't blow up durring box squats on you...wouldn't feel very nice, lol. I've seen a few snap apart before...probably just user malfuction though. I see you made great use of the Arnold's Bible on your wall too, hah! I have the same Power Blocks as well. Gonna kick some ass for sure now, bro. Looking forward to more pics and the workouts.

Keith
03-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I give up! I can't spend anymore time trying to resize those pics! **** I hate computers. I have no patience for this.

Finally, a place where I can rag on your skinny ass to eat more!

Since I usually train alone, I put a small eyelet in each side of my boards so I can strap it around my chest with a bungee cord. It prevents it from sliding into my face. Just something you might consider if you don't always have somebody to hold your boards.

Yeah, yeah. From here on out, I don't think I'll need more motivation to eat more, I think I finally have it under control. I never did until I started tracking calories. I had a bulk that got out of control and a couple of "cuts" that made me sacrifice too much muscle mass. I could use the motivation to lift more from you, though! Getting past my personal bests are getting more and more difficult these days which is another reason why I made a journal. I figured if I needed some support/advice, it would be here.

Every Sunday I actually go to another Fitness Depot location and train there so I made this my ME bench day. It's the only day where I actually need someone there. That's a good idea, though. Dan also recommended just wrapping the bands around the thing and yourself. So if I can't make it out on Sundays, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks.

What up, bro. Nice setup! Love the board presses and bands going on there, heh. Hopefully that milk crate doesn't blow up durring box squats on you...wouldn't feel very nice, lol. I've seen a few snap apart before...probably just user malfuction though. I see you made great use of the Arnold's Bible on your wall too, hah! I have the same Power Blocks as well. Gonna kick some ass for sure now, bro. Looking forward to more pics and the workouts.

Thanks for stopping in. I noticed you're another journal whore. Should be nice getting to know you guys. I'll try to stop in to everyone else's journals as well. The milk crate is beginning to cave in. I need to make myself a box with 3 different heights. Arnold's Bible is only good for pics, lol. Powerblocks FTW!!! I'll never get rid of or sell those.

Keith
03-21-2008, 09:31 PM
As far as the routine goes, here it is:

Day 1

ME Bench: (flat, incline, floor, 2 board) 1-3 RM
4-5 board: 1-5 RM
Yates rows: 4x10
Chins: 4x8
Biceps: whatever

Day 3

ME Sqaut: (back squat, wide-stance box squat) 1-3 RM
GM: 3-5 RM
Calf raises: 4x12
Reverse hyper: 3x10
Reverse crunch: 3x10

Day 5

DE Bench: 6-8x3 @ 50%, 55%, 60%
Military press: 4x10
Kroc rows: 4x10
Rear delt raises (Coleman style): 3x10
JM press: 3x10

Day 6

DE Sqaut: 6-8x2 @ 50%, 55%, 60%
Deadlift: 1-3 RM
Lunges: 4x10
Reverse crunch: 4x10

Any advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

cphafner
03-21-2008, 09:33 PM
thats a sweet home setup. good luck with the journal

Keith
03-21-2008, 09:37 PM
As for now, I'll be using bands every DE day. I probably won't be trying them out on ME days anytime soon. Sound okay?

thats a sweet home setup. good luck with the journal

Thanks!

frank
03-21-2008, 09:39 PM
how much did the power rack cost? just the rack/oh **** bars (what you drop the bar on if your squatting alone and fail)

Keith
03-21-2008, 09:42 PM
The retail price of that rack is $698. But I get all this stuff at cost.

frank
03-21-2008, 09:46 PM
ok, ill get that as soon as i sell my kidney due to too much protein intake

Keith
03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
ok, ill get that as soon as i sell my kidney due to too much protein intake

Search around on craig's list or ebay. You'll find one much cheaper. And stop reading Men's Health magazines.

Keith
03-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Day 6

DE Squat:

Added mini's (double choked)
45x5
95x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2

Narrow-stance sumo dead:
135x5
185x2
225x1
275x1
300x1 PR w/ belt

Lunges:
25x10
35x8
45x6
45x6

Reverse crunch:
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Just playin' around with the bands and the weight for bands. First time using them. Not sure if I'm using the right weight but my 1 RM is roughly 245 lbs. 115 lbs sound right to use? I was going to go light with the deads because I was coming off a week without training due to a lower back injury but back felt nice with no pain in that area so I decided to throw the belt on, warm up thoroughly and give'r. Came out with a PR so I'm happy. Brought the reps down with the lunges because I know the DOMS would be nasty considering it's been a week since I've trained last.

Sidior
03-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey a new journal to whore, fun stuff! Westside can be a great template once you figure out what works for yourself. Eat alot, train heavy and the rest will come. Best of luck with your goals bro.

Rusty
03-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Just playin' around with the bands and the weight for bands. First time using them. Not sure if I'm using the right weight but my 1 RM is roughly 245 lbs. 115 lbs sound right to use?

115lbs sounds good. Just make sure they're FAST! If they're too slow, drop the weight.

Coke
03-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Home gym is indeed great...you can't go wrong Keith.

Keith
03-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey a new journal to whore, fun stuff! Westside can be a great template once you figure out what works for yourself. Eat alot, train heavy and the rest will come. Best of luck with your goals bro.

So I've heard. I'm going to play around with a few things with this routine but keep most of the layout the same. Thanks a lot!

115lbs sounds good. Just make sure they're FAST! If they're too slow, drop the weight.

They did seem fast. Not super fast, but a decent speed. I'll change up the weight next week and see what I prefer. Does it make sense to use bands every DE day? And on DE squat day, I use a box, would you sit back like you usually would then explode up or touch and go because of the bands?

Home gym is indeed great...you can't go wrong Keith.

Thanks, Cocoa. I knew you'd be stopping by. You're the biggest journal whore of them all!

frank
03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Search around on craig's list or ebay. You'll find one much cheaper. And stop reading Men's Health magazines.

you got me on that one

Jorge Sanchez
03-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Sweet set-up. Good luck.

Detard
03-22-2008, 11:01 AM
You got it keith. How long did it take for you to get ur ****? Seemed like it was only a couple days

jed
03-22-2008, 11:35 AM
awesome setup you have keith. ill remember that when i get some money to set up my own someday! good work in here also!! for some reason your routine looks more 'unique' than others with the 'kroc' and 'reverse' and stuff haha!

Keith
03-22-2008, 12:18 PM
You got it keith. How long did it take for you to get ur ****? Seemed like it was only a couple days

Do you mean bands? They only took a couple of days from elitefts.

awesome setup you have keith. ill remember that when i get some money to set up my own someday! good work in here also!! for some reason your routine looks more 'unique' than others with the 'kroc' and 'reverse' and stuff haha!

Lol thanks.

Have you seen what kroc rows are? Search them on youtube. They're not much different from one-arm rows. And reverse crunches with added weight off a chin bar is the best ab exercise IMO.

dajuggernaut
03-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOUR BASEMENT SETUP...in all seriousness it looks awesome bro

Keith
03-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks a lot, bro. I'm pretty happy with it now too. I always like to add some sort of change to keep it interesting. My sister and her fiance are actually moving down there in the next couple of months because their condo has been delayed. So I'll have to move everything in the garage from mid June-October or so. I'm actually pumped about that. A LOT more room to work with. Those months are perfect to be training in the garage too, winter will be far too cold so hopefully they'll be in their condo around October so I can move back into my basement.

Rusty
03-22-2008, 01:59 PM
How much did you have to pay in brokerage fees for your bands?

Keith
03-22-2008, 02:02 PM
How much did you have to pay in brokerage fees for your bands?

Under $10.

Rusty
03-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Under $10.

How much was your order in total? Every time I've ordered from EFS, brokerage fees have been around $40.

Keith
03-22-2008, 02:13 PM
How much was your order in total? Every time I've ordered from EFS, brokerage fees have been around $40.

$134.63 for the 3 bands and shipping. Shipping was $60.

Rusty
03-22-2008, 02:17 PM
$134.63 for the 3 bands and shipping. Shipping was $60.

Oh, you chose the expedited shipping?

Keith
03-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh, you chose the expedited shipping?

I didn't think I had different options. I just kept on clicking away until everything was finalized because I'm impatient. How much should shipping usually be?

Rusty
03-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I didn't think I had different options. I just kept on clicking away until everything was finalized because I'm impatient. How much should shipping usually be?

It would have been around 10 or 15 bucks for regular ground shipping. But then you not only have to pay duty, but their border brokerage fees for the border aswell. UPS rapes you in the ass with their brokerage fees. So it probably would have ended up costing you about the same either way.

Keith
03-22-2008, 03:10 PM
It would have been around 10 or 15 bucks for regular ground shipping. But then you not only have to pay duty, but their border brokerage fees for the border aswell. UPS rapes you in the ass with their brokerage fees. So it probably would have ended up costing you about the same either way.

So I've heard. Good to know.

Keith
03-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Day 1

ME Bench:

RC stuff to warm up

45x10
95x5
135x3
175x1
200x1
215x1 PR
225x1 PR I knew I had this in me, but I've never really played around with heavy singles before

4 board:
135x2
185x5
225x5
245x2

Yates row:
45x10
135x5
185x5
225x10
255x10 PR

Chins:
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

EZ curls:
55x8
Didn't finish the rest of my sets for this, my lower back started aching again from an injury I just came off of.

First off, very happy about hitting a few PR's this session. It was the first time I tried board pressing and everything felt good about it considering I've never done any type of partials before. 245 lbs was heavy to hold above me, though.

Okay so, NEVER trust your training partner. WORLD was in my basement making a shake with my blender which is a little thunder stick type of thing. I just finished doing some RC work to warm up and I walked to the kitchen where he was which is right outside my gym, and he was pointing the blender at me so I pointed my finger at him. So he then decides to challenge me by turning the blender on and moving it towards my finger VERY quickly thinking I would move it. I didn't, because I trusted him not to do something so stupid. But he proved me wrong. VERY wrong. He threw it into my finger and I immediately pulled my hand back and grabbed that finger with the other hand noticing it's covered in blood. Blood had squirted on my gym door, my fridge and the rest pooring into my hand. Fortunately, he had sliced my nail and not the other side of my finger.
That could have turned out A LOT worse than it did. I couldn't believe what had happened, or better yet, WHY it happened. So he grabbed a band-aid for me while I left it running under cold water, I wrapped it up and began to bench and pushed out a couple PR's with it. It hurt, especially during when gripping onto the bar, but I worked around it. Not too happy about that one Nick, but **** happens. I mean, look what happened to your face.

WORLD
03-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Okay so, NEVER trust your training partner. WORLD was in my basement making a shake with my blender which is a little thunder stick type of thing. I just finished doing some RC work to warm up and I walked to the kitchen where he was which is right outside my gym, and he was pointing the blender at me so I pointed my finger at him. So he then decides to challenge me by turning the blender on and moving it towards my finger VERY quickly thinking I would move it. I didn't, because I trusted him not to do something so stupid. But he proved me wrong. VERY wrong. He threw it into my finger and I immediately pulled my hand back and grabbed that finger with the other hand noticing it's covered in blood. Blood had squirted on my gym door, my fridge and the rest pooring into my hand. Fortunately, he had sliced my nail and not the other side of my finger.
That could have turned out A LOT worse than it did. I couldn't believe what had happened, or better yet, WHY it happened. So he grabbed a band-aid for me while I left it running under cold water, I wrapped it up and began to bench and pushed out a couple PR's with it. It hurt, especially during when gripping onto the bar, but I worked around it. Not too happy about that one Nick, but **** happens. I mean, look what happened to your face.

lol you prick..

Oh well, it can only help to toughen up those little girly hands of yours anyways. :hello:

Detard
03-23-2008, 07:15 PM
HAHAHAH WORLD thats funny **** man. Nice one.

Keith- Congrats on the PR bro! 225x1 and 245 for a double is no joke.

jed
03-23-2008, 08:25 PM
awesome PR dude. 225 is a big step. keep that lower back healthy man.

Sidior
03-23-2008, 09:07 PM
225 is a great bench. On to 315!

That is ****ed about your finger btw.

killxswitch
03-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Yuck dude. Now you'll taste your own fingernails when you make a shake.

Good work on the bench PR, that's got to feel awesome. Now I have to go look up WTF a Yates row is on youtube.

Coke
03-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Solid ***** with the benching and rows PRs.

frank
03-24-2008, 01:18 PM
lol you prick..

Oh well, it can only help to toughen up those little girly hands of yours anyways. :hello:

you two have some cute pics together

Jorge Sanchez
03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Strong PRs, especially with the injury.

Keith
03-25-2008, 08:56 AM
HAHAHAH WORLD thats funny **** man. Nice one.

Keith- Congrats on the PR bro! 225x1 and 245 for a double is no joke.

Thanks, Dan. That was a huge milestone for me. I had no idea what to expect for a 4 board so I just played around with it. Felt good, but damn heavy.

awesome PR dude. 225 is a big step. keep that lower back healthy man.

Thanks a lot. I plan to. It bothered me slightly nearing the end of the workout and just after I hit 225. I kept it very tight on that set so I payed for it a bit.

225 is a great bench. On to 315!

That is ****ed about your finger btw.

Yeah, hopefully I'll hit that a lot sooner than it took me to hit 225. But that's my next milestone for my bench.

My finger is looking pretty nasty now. I feel like just tearing off the nail. There's not much keeping it together because it got cut right across the whole thing.

Yuck dude. Now you'll taste your own fingernails when you make a shake.

Good work on the bench PR, that's got to feel awesome. Now I have to go look up WTF a Yates row is on youtube.

Funny you should mention that. WORLD didn't wash it when he did that to me so he definitely got some of my blood in the shake he made. :evillaugh:

Thanks. It sure did feel great. Did you see what a Yates row is?

Solid ***** with the benching and rows PRs.

Thanks, CoCoa.

you two have some cute pics together

Cute?

Strong PRs, especially with the injury.

Thanks, man.

Keith
03-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Day 3

ME Squat:
45x5
135x5
185x3
225x1 - Felt nice and light for the first time
235x5 PR- I planned to do this for a triple! I have no idea where this came from but I had it in me. Lately my squat strength has really been improving and it's about bloody time.

GM:
95x5
115x5
135x3
45x10 - Playing around with form

Calf raises:
95x10
135x12
145x12
145x12
145x12

Reverse hypers:
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Reverse crunch:
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Great session. Really pleased how everything went. I've never really given GM's a shot in past routines so as of now I'm trying to find my groove for this. I don't know how some of you are GMing 3,400+. 135 lbs for that movement felt really heavy. Am I doing something wrong? Stance is slightly wider than shoulder width, I'm breaking at the hips with a bit of a bend in the knees, hitting parallel and bar sitting on my rear delts. Any suggestions or things to keep in mind? I'm thinking of getting something better to do reverse hypers off of. Right now it's off my kitchen counter, lol. It's quite uncomfortable which is preventing me from adding weight.

Detard
03-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Good stuff keith. Nice squatting.

Rusty
03-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Great job hitting that squat PR!

thewicked
03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
damn this dude likes to work! NICE LOG BRO! WTG ON THE PRS! Reads like you're getting them one right after the other!

dblockspky
03-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Good job with the PR man. My squat takes for ever to go up as well. But once it rains, it pours, you're probably in for some more gains soon. And good job with the GMs. Everybody knows they're a great exercise, but nobody does them lol.

Sidior
03-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Ace squatting.

Keith
03-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Good stuff keith. Nice squatting.

Great job hitting that squat PR!

Thanks, brothers.

damn this dude likes to work! NICE LOG BRO! WTG ON THE PRS! Reads like you're getting them one right after the other!

Thanks, it sure feels like it. Hopefully I can keep it rolling.

Good job with the PR man. My squat takes for ever to go up as well. But once it rains, it pours, you're probably in for some more gains soon. And good job with the GMs. Everybody knows they're a great exercise, but nobody does them lol.

Thanks. I want to get a video up of my GM to get some feedback on form and technique. Again, I don't know how some are pushing out 400+ on this movement.

Ace squatting.

Thanks, Dave.

killxswitch
03-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey, another PR on one of the big three, good job. I did look up Yates rows, and I didn't know that's what they were called.

Coke
03-26-2008, 09:29 AM
In a very nice stride bro.

Keith
03-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Day 5

DE Bench:
Doubled up minis (both ends on bar)

45x3
75x3 - Felt slightly too heavy
65x3
65x3
65x3
65x3
65x3
65x3

Wondering about doubling this up next time or just double, maybe triple choke it and add more weight.

Military press:
45x5
95x5
120x10
120x8
115x6

I planned to do 120x10x3 but couldn't push them out. All sets were done to failure which was a disappointment.

Kroc rows:
60x10
70x10
80x10
90x10

Rear delt raises (Coleman style):
25x10
35x10
40x10
40x10

JM press:
45x5
95x10 - Elbow started acting up again. Keeping it at 75 and very strict.
75x10
75x10

Recommendations for the bands? Not sure if you guys double up the minis or choke them multiple times. It felt pretty heavy with the tension of the bands alone.

jed
03-27-2008, 10:49 PM
hey man as long as you went to failure atleast you knew you went 100% on them mili's. impressive either way though!! oh yeah and i missed that story haha, i just read it and that's funny but freakin stupid on WORLDs part haha! what are friends for though, right?

Bako Lifter
03-27-2008, 11:02 PM
I was wondering why your other journal wasn't popping up in my User CP. You got a new one! Nice de benching, if I remember right I think I doubled up my mini bands. But that might be too much if you're attaching them really close to the ground, you might want to triple choke them instead.

Coke
03-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Effort is looking good dude.

Rusty
03-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Nice croc rows :thumbup:

RedSpikeyThing
03-28-2008, 09:16 AM
nice millies and great squat PR! I find that setting PRs for squat or deads is more about growing some balls and putting more weight on that it is about actually getting stronger.

Keith
03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
hey man as long as you went to failure atleast you knew you went 100% on them mili's. impressive either way though!! oh yeah and i missed that story haha, i just read it and that's funny but freakin stupid on WORLDs part haha! what are friends for though, right?

Yeah, you would think you could trust your best friend, right?

I was wondering why your other journal wasn't popping up in my User CP. You got a new one! Nice de benching, if I remember right I think I doubled up my mini bands. But that might be too much if you're attaching them really close to the ground, you might want to triple choke them instead.

Other journal? I've never made one before... I'm going to triple choke them next week and see how that feels. I wrapped them about my powerblock handle which is a few inches off the ground. This will probably take me a few weeks to understand what weight is good for me for speed. Same with squats, too.

Effort is looking good dude.

Thanks, Coke.

Nice croc rows :thumbup:

Thanks, and it's "K"roc rows dammit! :p

My powerblocks only go up to 90 lbs so I think I may start to do them like Kroc and do plenty of repititions with that weight.

nice millies and great squat PR! I find that setting PRs for squat or deads is more about growing some balls and putting more weight on that it is about actually getting stronger.

I agree with you 100% on that. Bench is different, but squatting and deadlifting, you really gotta push yourself mentally and keep adding more weight to test yourself.

Keith
03-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Lower back is really bothering me today and today I'm deadlifting, well, so says my journal. I've been icing it and taking it easy. This really frustrates me because I've been feeling very strong and hitting some nice PR's recently. I'm worried that if I pull today, I may injure and injury. I think I may ice again and do plenty of warmup sets and see how it all feels and play it by ear.

Coke
03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Too bad about the lower back man...may have to skip out on the deads this time out for your own good.

bigmoney
03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
play it by ear and if you don't feel right just stop. Don't push yourself to injury man.

Rusty
03-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks, and it's "K"roc rows dammit! :p

My powerblocks only go up to 90 lbs so I think I may start to do them like Kroc and do plenty of repititions with that weight.

Oops typo.

I think this summer I'm going to buy a 1" pipe from home depot and about 200lbs of 10lb plates. My gym's dumbbells only go up to 120 and it pisses me off.

Keith
03-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Day 6

DE Squat

Didn't do because of lower back injury. Just came back from the chiropractors not too long ago and it's become worse. This is incredibly frustrating because I recently was getting over this injury but now it's come back to square one again. ME bench is on Sunday. We'll see how things go until then.

Keith
03-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Oops typo.

I think this summer I'm going to buy a 1" pipe from home depot and about 200lbs of 10lb plates. My gym's dumbbells only go up to 120 and it pisses me off.

Yeah you could do that. I'm assuming you're going to make your own handle that prevents the plates from sliding into your hands too? I'm just going to get dumbbells at my work over 90's.

Rusty
03-28-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm assuming you're going to make your own handle that prevents the plates from sliding into your hands too? .

No, I'm going to not be a pussy and take it like a man! And by that I mean I'm going to have a couple of washers welded on.

Sucks to hear about your back.

jed
03-29-2008, 12:08 AM
damn dude, this sucks big time about your back. all i can say though is thank god you are smart enough to not go and hurt yourself! it sucks big time sittin out and not getting better, but im sure if you got over it before i know you can get over it again! lower back is a bitch, and it even frustrates me to hear about this. get it better, man!

Keith
03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Day 1

ME Bench:

Floor press:
45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
225x1
135x20

Terrible. First time doing this exercise and I had the pins too high and didn't realize that until I got to the heavy sets so I couldn't adjust my back properly and get it tight. Pissed me off a lot. So I dropped it back to 135 and threw out 20 out of anger.

Chins:
BWx5 - Felt my back pinch (AGAIN) and decided not to push it and skip the rest of the exercises this day that would involve my lower back in any sort of way.

Seated alternate curls:
25x10
30x8
35x8
35x6

Very frustrating workout. I felt like I was training back in High School. Chest/Bicszzz day. Back is still hurting slightly and in no way am I going to re-injure it for the 3rd time now. I'll do anything to avoid that happening. I've still been icing and making trips to the chiro. Who knows what will happen two days from now on ME Squat. Hopefully everything will be good by then.

Jorge Sanchez
03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Sucks about the back, dude. Glad to see you're being smart about it. Make sure to take good care of it.

Coke
03-31-2008, 05:51 AM
Keeping hanging tough bro...props on bringing something new into the mix, whether you keep it or not.

Rusty
03-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Who knows what will happen two days from now on ME Squat. Hopefully everything will be good by then.

Don't rush it dude. What did the chiro say about lifting with your back injury?

Keith
03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the support, guys.

Don't rush it dude. What did the chiro say about lifting with your back unjury?

He says I'm smart enough to make my own judgement. I'm seeing him again today. The way things are going now, I probably won't be squatting. It's weird, it hurts the most first thing in the morning as soon as I awake. You'd think it would be the opposite after all that rest and having no pressure from my body weight on my spine...

Keith
04-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Never did ME squats yesterday because of my back. I couldn't do anything that day because all the exercises involved my lower back in some way or another. I'm still keeping my calories at 4200 this week, though. I SHOULD be okay to train for tomorrow, if not, the following day.

Detard
04-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Try and do some stretching and massage to loosen it up. What exactly is wrong with it again?. Ice it and maybe heat would help too.

dblockspky
04-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Don't worry about forcing it man. A couple days - a week off is way better than not being able to lift for months because of a full out back injury.

jed
04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
really hope your back starts getting better man, i hate seeing crap like this. be smart, though.

Keith
04-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Day 5

DE Bench:

Didn't do. Woke up this morning and my back actually felt slightly tighter and in more pain than it has been! :thumbup: This has been after doing no physical activity and giving it complete rest and ice. And I still continue to eat all this crap every damn day. So I'm thinking today I'll just shoot for a deadlift PR.. maybe that would make it feel better. :bang:

In a very nice stride bro.

I hate reading this. It stares at me because it's at the very top of the page. :(

Try and do some stretching and massage to loosen it up. What exactly is wrong with it again?. Ice it and maybe heat would help too.

Just pulled it somehow. I woke up one morning getting ready for work and it progressively kept getting worse within about 15 minutes. The injury is muscular, though. I've been icing it and constantly getting chiro treatments. Maybe a massage is in need...

Don't worry about forcing it man. A couple days - a week off is way better than not being able to lift for months because of a full out back injury.

Yeah, I know. I know everyone has injuries at some point, but I can't stand them especially when I was just getting into a nice groove.

really hope your back starts getting better man, i hate seeing crap like this. be smart, though.

Thanks. I'll try my best.

Keith
04-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Just an update. I won't be training tomorrow but hopefully I'll be back up and running for Sunday which is ME Bench.

It's NOT a muscular injury as I thought it was. I was at the chiro's again and they told me it's a joint issue. SI joint to be exact. They said generally speaking, when standing and arching your back hurts while bending over doesn't hurt, it's a joint problem. When bending over hurts, and arching doesn't, it's a muscular problem. So I'll continue resting as much as possible and icing.

REALLY sucks that much more that I'm still continuing to eat the crap that I do when it's not doing much except holding onto as much as I can. Still at 4200 cals this week and I'll keep it that way and probably won't increase until I start training for a week straight.

Invain
04-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the back bull**** man. I know exactly how you feel.

Rusty
04-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Sucks to hear about your back. Not really much you can do for sacroiliac injuries except for rest and ice. Just don't rush it!

bigmoney
04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
sorry to hear that man. As Rusty said, with the SI joint definitely take is easy and don't come back at it 100% Good luck

Kiaran
04-03-2008, 11:50 PM
****, sorry your back's all busted up, bro. Yeah...deadlift PRs sound right up your alley right now, lol. Glad your chiro helped you out. Just hang in there and keep feeding the machine.

Keith
04-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the support, guys. Taking time off is one thing, but not training 100% drives me up the wall. I can't stand holding back with weight.

Keith
04-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Day 1 - yesterday

ME Bench:

Cuff stuff to warm up

Floor press:
45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
205x1
225x2
185x5

Chins & Bi's.

Nothing really exciting with this workout. Intensity and energy wasn't all there because I've been off for quite some time and out of the routine. Tried to take everything slow and avoid using my lower back in anything. Yesterday was pretty much the first day I never felt any pain or discomfort in my lower back so I figured I'd go ahead and do some pressing without an arch. I should be good to go from here on out.

Keith
04-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Oh I almost forgot to ask you guys... when floor pressing, do you rest on the floor for a second or touch and go?

Coke
04-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Good seeing you get back into the groove Keith.

Jorge Sanchez
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Glad to hear your back is feeling better. I hope it treats you well from here on out.

Keith
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks, guys. I hope so too! I can't stand being out as I'm sure you can't either.

RedSpikeyThing
04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
good call taking it slow. Strong work regardless.

Sidior
04-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Glad to see you get a workout in again.

nhlfan
04-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Oh I almost forgot to ask you guys... when floor pressing, do you rest on the floor for a second or touch and go?

rest, definitely rest. explode off the floor with as much speed as possible though!

Detard
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Nice floor pressing man.

jed
04-07-2008, 10:34 PM
very glad to see you getting a workout in soon after your back injury man! lower back stuff is a b**ch, and im glad u can heal good enough to get some work done! good floor presses man.

Keith
04-08-2008, 08:45 AM
good call taking it slow. Strong work regardless.

Glad to see you get a workout in again.

Nice floor pressing man.

very glad to see you getting a workout in soon after your back injury man! lower back stuff is a b**ch, and im glad u can heal good enough to get some work done! good floor presses man.

Thanks, guys.

rest, definitely rest. explode off the floor with as much speed as possible though!

So it's like the same concept as a box squat, eh? I figured that otherwise you could just do lockout presses.

Keith
04-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I built one of the last pieces to my gym a couple days ago and finished painting it yesterday.

By flipping it on different sides, you'll get - 11", 13", 15"

Pretty happy with my setup now. That was one of the pieces that was missing.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/2-2.jpg

Detard
04-08-2008, 05:37 PM
That looks cool man. Nice job

WORLD
04-08-2008, 05:39 PM
that is pretty nice. make me one.

Keith
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I never thought you would have posted in here. Out of anyone, you should be giving me the most support, ass!

I WAS going to make you one. Read my thread on it. I screwed it up. Wait, I told you this, didn't I?

bigmoney
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
cool box keith....i never thought of making on that way!

dajuggernaut
04-08-2008, 06:21 PM
I built one of the last pieces to my gym a couple days ago and finished painting it yesterday.

THAT IS ****ING AWESOME

frank
04-08-2008, 07:02 PM

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/2-2.jpg

what is that for?

Detard
04-08-2008, 07:20 PM
what is that for?

He kidnaps midgets and hides them in there.

Bako Lifter
04-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Hahaha, I was thinkin of a funny response but nothin I say is gonna top that one.

jed
04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
that thing's nifty thrifty man!

Keith
04-09-2008, 09:39 AM
He kidnaps midgets and hides them in there.

I told you this with confidence.

Keith
04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
what is that for?

If you don't know what that is, you'll have no idea what the rest of the stuff is in my gym.

I don't know how many times people have to tell you... read.

Lones Green
04-09-2008, 09:56 AM
having your own gym and being able to build stuff for it is AWESOME. i'm jealous.

Keith
04-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Day 3

ME Squat:

Foam roll for 5 minutes

45x10
95x5
135x3
185x2
225x1
245x1 -PR First ever griiiiiiinder. This is a weight PR, but last time I squatted (3 weeks ago) I did 235x5.

Pull throughs:
Minis x10
x10
x10
x10 - I could slightly feel this in my lower back so I just did this extra slow and careful.

Calf raises:
45x10
135x10
145x12
145x12
145x12

Skipped reverse hypers because of my back.

Reverse crunch (off power rack):
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Foam roll for another 5 minutes and stretch

I REALLY didn't want to go that heavy because I'm coming off of my back injury but stupid me, can't train light. I'd rather not train at all if I did. I guess I was happy getting that PR but I wanted to shoot for 2-3 reps on that. I lost my concentration as soon as I started decending. My form is almost always very tight and strict but that felt a little sloppy coming up. I shouldn't have gone that heavy and kept it simple.

Someone reassure me that I'm stupid to consider shooting for a deadlift PR on Friday.

Detard
04-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Someone reassure me that I'm stupid to consider shooting for a deadlift PR on Friday.

Yep your an idiot.

No but really, i'd say wait until friday and see how your warmups feel. If you dont feel like you can hit a PR that day, settle for maybe some heavy triples or something. If you feel strong, go for it.

Keith
04-09-2008, 10:08 AM
having your own gym and being able to build stuff for it is AWESOME. i'm jealous.

It is. But I do get lonely down there and my intensity lacks sometimes because of that.

That's where Hypocrisy backs me up.

Keith
04-09-2008, 10:10 AM
Yep your an idiot.

No but really, i'd say wait until friday and see how your warmups feel. If you dont feel like you can hit a PR that day, settle for maybe some heavy triples or something. If you feel strong, go for it.

Thanks. Sounds like a good idea. I'll most likely work up to a triple - that sounds a lot safer.

Lones Green
04-09-2008, 10:19 AM
It is. But I do get lonely down there and my intensity lacks sometimes because of that.

That's where Hypocrisy backs me up.

TURN UP THE HATEBREED! haha you got the right idea.

Keith
04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
TURN UP THE HATEBREED! haha you got the right idea.

They help me too. I got a killer playlist!!

Coke
04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Nice ***** Keith, looks like you're in overdrive no matter what, lol.

Lones Green
04-09-2008, 12:57 PM
They help me too. I got a killer playlist!!

check out Ceremony if you get the chance. they make me want to bash my head against a wall.

Keith
04-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Nice ***** Keith, looks like you're in overdrive no matter what, lol.

That I am even though I know it's a bad thing.

check out Ceremony if you get the chance. they make me want to bash my head against a wall.

Will do. That's just what I need.

jed
04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
good squat today bro. nice to see you can still squat heavy weight with your back, and after 3 weeks of no squatting.

Kiaran
04-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Really nice work with the 245 on the squat PR, bro. I don't think you're crazy to go for the PR :) As long as your form is spot on, you'll be fine. Get plenty of rest in the next couple days though.

Rusty
04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
If your back is feeling up to the task, then blow that old PR out of the water. But don't risk injury!

Great idea with the box heights!

nhlfan
04-10-2008, 02:03 AM
looks like we're in the same boat as far as back injuries go :ninja:

good luck with the deadlifts haha!

Keith
04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
good squat today bro. nice to see you can still squat heavy weight with your back, and after 3 weeks of no squatting.

Thanks. Yeah, I was happy with what I did and disappointed at the same time.

Really nice work with the 245 on the squat PR, bro. I don't think you're crazy to go for the PR :) As long as your form is spot on, you'll be fine. Get plenty of rest in the next couple days though.

Thanks, bro. I'll just play it all by ear and see how my warm-up sets go.

If your back is feeling up to the task, then blow that old PR out of the water. But don't risk injury!

Great idea with the box heights!

Thanks. I'll do my best.

looks like we're in the same boat as far as back injuries go :ninja:

good luck with the deadlifts haha!

Yeah, sounds like it. I think I may need the luck.

Keith
04-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Day 6

DE Sqaut:

Double choked minis off 15" box:
45x5
95x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2 - I need to throw a video of this on here to make sure my speed and all is good for this. It feels good, though.

Reverse band narrow-stance sumo deadlift:
45x5
135x5
185x3
225x2
Added lights
275x5
315x3
345x3 - This was my first time doing reverse band deads so this was all somewhat light and plus I didn't want to hurt the back. It felt good, though.

Lunges:
25x10
35x8
45x6
45x6 - These ****ing burn and get my heart beat through the roof.

Reverse crunch off rack:
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

So, last night I was busy moving my gym from my basement, to my garage. My sister and her fiance unfortunately are moving in soon because of a delay on their condo so I had to get it out. Surprisingly, I love it! There's so much more room and I don't have to be in a room with ****ing flowers all over the wall. **** I hated that. They'd be staring at me in between every set. Anyways, it's awesome and I'll throw pictures of it up soon.. possibly tomorrow.

Jorge Sanchez
04-11-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm glad to see that you're able to squat again. Good workout.

Invain
04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
God I used to hate doing lunges. Just thinkint about it makes me wanna puke.

Lones Green
04-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Day 6

DE Sqaut:

Double choked minis off 15" box:
45x5
95x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2 - I need to throw a video of this on here to make sure my speed and all is good for this. It feels good, though.

Reverse band narrow-stance sumo deadlift:
45x5
135x5
185x3
225x2
Added lights
275x5
315x3
345x3 - This was my first time doing reverse band deads so this was all somewhat light and plus I didn't want to hurt the back. It felt good, though.

Lunges:
25x10
35x8
45x6
45x6 - These ****ing burn and get my heart beat through the roof.

Reverse crunch off rack:
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

So, last night I was busy moving my gym from my basement, to my garage. My sister and her fiance unfortunately are moving in soon because of a delay on their condo so I had to get it out. Surprisingly, I love it! There's so much more room and I don't have to be in a room with ****ing flowers all over the wall. **** I hated that. They'd be staring at me in between every set. Anyways, it's awesome and I'll throw pictures of it up soon.. possibly tomorrow.

great news about the gym.

Keith
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm glad to see that you're able to squat again. Good workout.

great news about the gym.

Thanks, guys.

God I used to hate doing lunges. Just thinkint about it makes me wanna puke.

Yeah, I've recently been getting back into them the past few months. They absolutely kill my lower body and give me a ton of DOMS the next couple of days.

I forgot to mention... So I realized that when I'm pulling IN my power rack, which I never do, it doesn't touch the floor. It sits about 1" off the floor on the support bars. I know it's not a big deal, but I'd prefer to pull off the floor while using my bands. Any suggestions?

Sidior
04-11-2008, 08:08 PM
How is the back feeling today after the workout?

jed
04-11-2008, 10:52 PM
haha glad to hear your new gym location is even better than before!! great deads today.

nhlfan
04-11-2008, 10:54 PM
hmm how did those reverse band deadlifts feel? usually the hardest part of a sumo pull is getting it off the floor, no?

Rusty
04-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Chip all the paint off of your equipment and throw a humidifier in there to get the place all rusted up. Then put up some posters of puppies being slaughtered and smear blood all over the walls. That'll give the place a good gym vibe! :thumbup:

Reverse band deads are one of my favourite deadlifting exercises! They're way better than rack pulls for building the top end of your deadlift IMO.

Keith
04-12-2008, 10:41 AM
How is the back feeling today after the workout?

My back is feeling fine. My glutes, however, are absolutely killing me. I haven't done any rep stuff in my legs for over a month and I'm definitely paying for it. DOMS FTW!!!!

haha glad to hear your new gym location is even better than before!! great deads today.

Thanks. I'll throw some pics up probably Sunday night.

hmm how did those reverse band deadlifts feel? usually the hardest part of a sumo pull is getting it off the floor, no?

They felt really good. Pretty much what I was expecting. My weak point in both, conventional and sumo is right off the floor. My strength at my knees pwns off the floor strength. I can pin pull at knee level over 150 lbs what I can deadlift so I've taken pin pulls right out and I'll only be working off the floor for a while.

Chip all the paint off of your equipment and throw a humidifier in there to get the place all rusted up. Then put up some posters of puppies being slaughtered and smear blood all over the walls. That'll give the place a good gym vibe! :thumbup:

Reverse band deads are one of my favourite deadlifting exercises! They're way better than rack pulls for building the top end of your deadlift IMO.

That's amazing!! Your ideas are brilliant!

I figured out my own issue with the safety bars getting in the way. I can just put them up to the highest height and double/triple choke the bands. That way I can pull off the floor without the bar hitting them.

Keith
04-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Day 1

ME Bench:

Cuff schtuff to warm up with

2 board press:
45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
200x1
225x3
235x2

Yates row (switching to underhand grip for a while):
45x5
135x5
185x10
225x12 - Back is still very sore from deads 2 days ago so I cut back work short

Chins:
BWx10
BWx8

Alternate curls:
25x10
35x8
35x8

Very pleased with my pressing and what I could do with a 2 board considering the circumstances.
I went out last night and came home really late and had to be up to train with people at 11am. So I got very little sleep and no meal in me except a shake.

On a side note, my right shoulder is hurting. I've never felt this before so I just iced it. Hopefully that'll go away. Not too concerned about it, though. I better not get sick. Everyone around me is so I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible and drinking at least 1 gallon of water.

Jorge Sanchez
04-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Good workout, especially after nothing but a shake. I'm useless on an empty stomach.

nhlfan
04-13-2008, 06:29 PM
pretty solid heavy 2 boards dude. gyming it on an empty stomach is rough

Detard
04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Nice rows man. 225 is huge!

Kiaran
04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Awesome deal about moving the gym out into the garage. I could never lift inside my house...it's just not the same. I need a hardcore environment...yeah definitely no flowers and **** like that, lol!

Some nice moves lately, man. Yates rows are looking pretty solid. Board press is coming along as well. Bummer your shoulders all banged up. I guess that's what we get for not using bench shirts, right? heh. Mine just finally healed up last week. Just the nature of our sport I guess. How's your back healing up? Gonna go for the DL PR this week?

Keith
04-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Good workout, especially after nothing but a shake. I'm useless on an empty stomach.

Thanks. I usually am, too. I was unusually very pumped from the second I woke up today about it, though.

pretty solid heavy 2 boards dude. gyming it on an empty stomach is rough

It sucks. I refuse to do it again. I told the guys I'm not doing it anymore in the morning and we'll start doing it in the evening which is my time to train!

Nice rows man. 225 is huge!

Thanks. My back has always been my strong point but those weren't strong compared to my overhand.

Awesome deal about moving the gym out into the garage. I could never lift inside my house...it's just not the same. I need a hardcore environment...yeah definitely no flowers and **** like that, lol!

Some nice moves lately, man. Yates rows are looking pretty solid. Board press is coming along as well. Bummer your shoulders all banged up. I guess that's what we get for not using bench shirts, right? heh. Mine just finally healed up last week. Just the nature of our sport I guess. How's your back healing up? Gonna go for the DL PR this week?

It's awesome and I'm so happy about it. How do you keep warm during the winter? That's my concern. I noticed your garage door is open a crack - got a little heater running in there?

I'm still playing around with board presses but I love them. So much better to push around heavier weight. I'll be going for a PR next week with no boards. Shoulder is feeling okay now so not too worried about this prolonging. But yeah, that's what we get for staying raw. I'll probably get a shirt next year sometime, though. Back's doing pretty good now. Still feel a thing every now and then but while I'm training, it's okay. I may shoot for a PR, may not. I just did 2 weeks ago so I may just do a rep PR.

On a side note, I was playing around at the place I was training at and when we were done, we decided to challenge each other in box jumps for fun. I've never done these before and took an immediate interest in it. I was able to get a 54" box jump and I was pretty pumped about it. Eat it, Jed. I got hops, too!

jed
04-13-2008, 10:04 PM
wooo, nice 2-board man! 235x2 is tight bro :D hope that shoulder works itself out soon.

Kiaran
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Cool deal, man. Yeah I do have a heater in my garage. The guy that lived there before me had it installed: gas line and all for it. Pretty damn cool. I think next winter I'm brining the bar in the house though. That thing turns into a ice-cube in the winter and will freeze your hands to the bone.

jed
04-13-2008, 10:09 PM
oh heck i missed that box jump thing haha. you talkin about box jump as in jumping OVER or just jumping and landing on top? bent or straight legs?

Keith
04-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Cool deal, man. Yeah I do have a heater in my garage. The guy that lived there before me had it installed: gas line and all for it. Pretty damn cool. I think next winter I'm brining the bar in the house though. That thing turns into a ice-cube in the winter and will freeze your hands to the bone.

I'm considering that, too. The bar thing is my concern. That's the thing I can see being incredibly freezing. I can always bundle up, but not the bar against my hands. And I refuse to wear gloves. Thanks for the idea of bringing it in the house. I probably wouldn't have thought about the obvious, lol.

oh heck i missed that box jump thing haha. you talkin about box jump as in jumping OVER or just jumping and landing on top? bent or straight legs?

Landing on top. Do a youtube search on it. Pretty cool stuff.

jed
04-13-2008, 10:26 PM
sweet, what's 54 inches, like 4 foot? that sounds like a pretty high jump. i'll measure our boxes and see what i can do :)

Coke
04-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Session is looking tight guy.

Kiaran
04-14-2008, 10:52 PM
lol, seriously, it only took me 2 winters to realize that I could just bring the bars into my house and out to the garage when I want to lift when it's freezing out. Garage gets down to like 20+ degrees sometimes in the winter and I can heat it back up to 55-65 degrees no problems but I imagine the steel is still around 30+ degrees. It's cold and pretty painful at times. Especially during deadlifts.

Keith
04-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Session is looking tight guy.

Thanks, Coke.

lol, seriously, it only took me 2 winters to realize that I could just bring the bars into my house and out to the garage when I want to lift when it's freezing out. Garage gets down to like 20+ degrees sometimes in the winter and I can heat it back up to 55-65 degrees no problems but I imagine the steel is still around 30+ degrees. It's cold and pretty painful at times. Especially during deadlifts.

I can imagine. Good thing you're telling me this now before I go through a winter not realizing what to do.

Day 3

ME Squat:

Foam roll

45x10
95x5
135x5
185x3
225x1
Walked out with 275 for about 5 seconds
250x3 PR! - This was huge for me! Last week was a weight PR at 245. I love where this strength is coming from!! Heavy weight, low reps, I love it all. Westside FTW!!!

Pull throughs with monster minis:

Calf raises in rack:
95x10
135x12
150x12 - Felt a tweak with this in my arch like it there was glass cutting my foot. From what I've heard, that is a nerve. So instead of the chucks, I switched to construction boots and these felt 100x better. Using these for calf raises for now on.
150x12
150x12

Foam roll and stretch

Very stoked about everything today. Everything went well. I just got news I got accepted into the carpentry union that I've been waiting for for a long ass time and I start in July. I can't ****ing wait. I skipped reverse crunches because my abs were killing from doing box jumps which was weird. Not sure if the walk out with 275 helped my squat but something really helped. I video taped this but it cut out half way and only got two reps because there wasn't enough memory. I was pissed. I'll put it up when I'm on a different computer because I don't understand how to use these damn Macs.

Kiaran
04-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Dude, I definitely need to make myself a foam role. That **** sounds nice. Damn fine squatting with that 250x3 as well. Milestone right there, you know? 275 is on the horizon for sure. How's the core feeling with that? BTW, I love pull throughs and totally forgot about them. Gonna need to toss those in the mix.

Congrats on the carpentry union thing too, man. What is that exactly?

Keith
04-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Make yourself a foam roller? That'll be difficult to find something with the right material and right density. It's worth $20, though. They're amazing.

Thanks. Not really a milestone for me, unfortunately it's about the plates with me. So yeah, next one is 275. That felt damn heavy when I walked out with it but that's not surprising considering the last heaviest thing I had on my back was 245. My core felt pretty good with 250. I've been training it a lot lately and I now know why core strength is huge in westside. Pull throughs are simply amazing. They feel really good with bands.

Carpentry is a wood working trade. It's a 5 year apprenticeship program then once I'm done that (from what I know of), I'll be getting into renovating houses and possibly getting into flipping them as well.

Coke
04-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Good deal on the apprenticeship program...that'll mean plenty of dough, believe me (my friend get's paid, lol).

Ace squats and all man.

Keith
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks, bud.

Okay, so I'm sick. :swear: :swear: :swear:

I'm going to continue to train. I always stopped training when I'm sick but **** that. Last time I did that I lost a ton of strength. I'm already over a gallon of water and I still got half of the day to go.

Detard
04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Keep hydrated, drink some orange juice and force yourself to eat I know it sucks when your sick but you gotta do it.

Nice squatting the other day. I find that when I did my heavy partials, it made everything else seem WAAAAAAYY lighter which allowed me to squat more. Maybe the same happened to you.

Jorge Sanchez
04-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Being sick sucks. Stay away from me ;). Seriously, OJ ftw.

jed
04-16-2008, 07:34 PM
hey WOW! not 250x1 but 250x3!! thats great man. a new single PR... for triples! idk where it's comin from but i love it too! congrats on the carpentry union thing... not sure what that is, but im sure youll explain it. tape urself doing ur box jumps!

Keith
04-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Keep hydrated, drink some orange juice and force yourself to eat I know it sucks when your sick but you gotta do it.

Nice squatting the other day. I find that when I did my heavy partials, it made everything else seem WAAAAAAYY lighter which allowed me to squat more. Maybe the same happened to you.

Thanks. I've been doing that the whole time. The walkout probably had the same affect as the partials you did. I haven't heard too much about partials or walkouts before a ME squat, though.

Being sick sucks. Stay away from me ;). Seriously, OJ ftw.

Yeah, I've been pretty much overdosing on vitamin C.

hey WOW! not 250x1 but 250x3!! thats great man. a new single PR... for triples! idk where it's comin from but i love it too! congrats on the carpentry union thing... not sure what that is, but im sure youll explain it. tape urself doing ur box jumps!

Thanks a lot, dude. I was blown away from that, too. I'm trying to keep up with my training partner and we're neck and neck and always trying to beat each other. Great way to blow through PR's.
Carpentry's a trade. Everything to do with wood. In this apprenticeship program, you actually learn basic plumbing and electrical, too. It's a great skill to have and can do a whole lot with it.
I'll tape myself when I'm better and good to go.

Still sick. I bought myself some cold fx which is apparently the only thing that works for colds. So far, not sure if it's really done anything. I've been drinking tons, resting lots, and still eating lots as hard as it is. I missed DE bench today and suppose to do DE squat tomorrow and pulling heavy. Don't think that'll happen but we'll see. Hopefully I'm good to go to bench heavy again on Sunday. Can't wait for the fight this Saturday!!!!

nhlfan
04-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Excellent squat PR, Keith. How much are you weighing nowadays?

Cold FX works wonders.

Keith
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks, man.

I'm sitting at about 178 lbs. Not happy about the fat gain, though. I'm getting bigger overall but definitely starting to get "puffy" (take it easy on me, Rusty). I'll be reading over UD 2.0 again and start the diet soon but keep Westside going. I was tracking everything VERY strictly and gaining 1 lb weekly and my numbers have been increasing consistently, too. Too much fat gain has come from this, though, and I'm becoming a little unhappy. A lot of people have been able to put on muscle and become stronger using this diet so what's the worst that can happen, right?

Cold FX does **** all. I'm still sick and it's the last day of this medication.

Keith
04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
So last night I was out watching the UFC fight with a few buddies. Before going home, I had to drop my buddy off first. So on our way back, we were nearing an intersection that had just turned yellow with another car on the opposite side waiting to turn left. I could not have stopped safely without hitting the brakes hard so I continued through the intersection. I don't remember it happening, but when I entered into the intersection, next thing I know, I'm sitting in a cloud of smoke with the air bag infront of my face. I couldn't open the door so I immediately turned to my buddy who was in the passenger side and repeatedly told him to get out (thinking the car was on fire). I was in complete shock with what has just happened. I was sitting on the pavement for quite some time before getting up and realizing what has just happened. I got up, walked around, pased back and forth thinking this is all a dream. In fact, for the first minute, it didn't feel real. Nothing did. I heard a woman screaming and crying for a long time in the background knowing she was hurt and close-by neighbours coming out asking if we're okay. Once I slowly realized what had happened, I wanted to make sure my friends were okay. They were, for the most part. The other car, however, had passengers that were bloody from shattered glass or their head that may have possibly slammed into the window. I looked at my car and knew it was in no condition to be repaired. I couldn't believe what had happened and the outcome of it all. There was 3 of us in total in my car. 2 of us had seatbelts, the other one who was the passenger in my car, didn't. The airbag saved his life. If that didn't deploy, he would probably have ended up dead by going through the windshield. He is lucky to say the least. All of us are. It took me a while to get to sleep considering this all happened at about 1:30am. I'm still kind of shook from what happened last night; T-boning someone, then taking out the street sign, then head-on into a street light. This is my second time writing my car off. This sucks. I'm still sick, sore and stiff as hell now and will be out from training for awhile...again.

All-in-all, it could be worse.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z68/and1forlife/2-3.jpg

Detard
04-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Holy **** man! Glad to see that your alright. Had you been drinking? The same thing happened to my sister when she totaled her car... turning left and someone talking on the phone t-boned her car. Thats really ****ty but everyone is alright and thats the main thing. Try and stay in the gym though, it will help you take your mind off it.

WORLD
04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm taking a week off training from this damn accident. There's no way I can squat with bruises and a sore... well, sore everything. I'm so glad none of us got badly hurt.

RedSpikeyThing
04-20-2008, 08:27 PM
**** dudes, glad to hear you're ok. You're very right, it could have been much worse. Good call to take it easy for the next little while.

Kiaran
04-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Holy ****! That's ****ing crazy as hell. That sort of **** just freaks everything out, man. Sorry this happened to you, bro. Take all the time you need to recoup and rest up. We'll still be here. I'm glad nobody was seriously messed up or killed. The car looks jacked to hell!

Sidior
04-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow, I'm glad you are alive man. So everyone lived from both cars?

Coke
04-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Glad everyone made it out ok...could have been worse like you said.

Rusty
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM
It's good to hear that everybody walked away from the accident. Take it easy for the next few days.

Keith
04-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Holy **** man! Glad to see that your alright. Had you been drinking? The same thing happened to my sister when she totaled her car... turning left and someone talking on the phone t-boned her car. Thats really ****ty but everyone is alright and thats the main thing. Try and stay in the gym though, it will help you take your mind off it.

No I didn't drink but I wasn't even asked this from the cops or anyone. Or how fast I was going. It was odd that I was asked barely anything. It's not about the mental thing anymore, I'm physically broken down now. I'm very sore and I've been going to the chiros... again, and icing. I'm back to doing all this **** and won't be training until I'm fully healed. After an accident like this, the last thing you want to be doing is pulling and pressing heavy.

I'm taking a week off training from this damn accident. There's no way I can squat with bruises and a sore... well, sore everything. I'm so glad none of us got badly hurt.

Good, you should be. Rest up and ice as much as possible.

**** dudes, glad to hear you're ok. You're very right, it could have been much worse. Good call to take it easy for the next little while.

Thanks, Brian.

Holy ****! That's ****ing crazy as hell. That sort of **** just freaks everything out, man. Sorry this happened to you, bro. Take all the time you need to recoup and rest up. We'll still be here. I'm glad nobody was seriously messed up or killed. The car looks jacked to hell!

I appreciate the support.

Wow, I'm glad you are alive man. So everyone lived from both cars?

Yeah everyone did. The other people were pretty cut up, but that's about as bad as it gets.

Glad everyone made it out ok...could have been worse like you said.

It could have. I keep imaging in my head different scenarios that could have happened.

It's good to hear that everybody walked away from the accident. Take it easy for the next few days.

Will do.

nhlfan
04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
wow dude...I'm just glad everyone is alright.

jed
04-21-2008, 05:36 PM
oh **** man that sucks. thank God you are alright, and everyone else that was with you, seriously! im happy that you are alright, but this has to suck for you. i've never been in a very serious car accident but im glad you say the mental part is pretty much done already. take it easy bro and we're all here.

Jorge Sanchez
04-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear you're alright. You should count yourself lucky if all you have to do is miss a couple of training sessions.

Keith
04-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the support, boys. It means a lot. Neck is healing up very well after the chiro sessions and ice. I'll be back in the gym sooner than I thought. Possibly in a couple of days with a DE Bench session so I'll take it easy for the most part.

Dirk Pitt
04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
**** dude, that sucks. Glad nobody was seriously hurt. Get healed up and then get back to the iron.

Keith
04-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks.

Keith
04-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Day 5

DE Bench

Tripled minis
45x5
95x3
95x3
95x3
95x3
95x3
95x3
95x3

Side laterals:
15x10
20x10
20x10
20x10

Kroc rows:
55x10
65x10
75x10
75x10

Rear laterals:
25x10
35x10
35x10

JM Press:
45x10
65x4 - Stopped there, elbow pain, once again.

Switched to some very light close-grip pressing:
95x10
135x10

So I'm back in the gym. Took everything really lightly. I'm still sick but I'm 100% from the accident. That came out of no where, too. I was really sore on Tuesday and I woke up Wednesday almost 100%. It's good to be back. Tomorrow I'll be pulling heavy. My cold now is just a bit of a runny nose and a cough but my energy is 90%. I hate taking time off so **** it, I've rested enough from this cold, time to get back in.

The JM press never hurt me before, but that's because I never did it right. And from what I've seen from others here, they aren't, either. I used to bring it down anywhere from chin to eye level in a straight line but I'd treat it as a press, not an extension, hence the name. But apparently that's wrong. There should be no shoulder or chest involvement at all so bringing the elbows down as you descend is wrong. Not a big deal, because whatever you find that works, you should use it, but just thought I'd throw this video up from the man himself who created this exercise.

NxfzWbEKd6s

Dirk Pitt
04-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Glad you're all healed up bro! That video was SUPER helpful, and the beginning of it is sick ass motivational. Thanks a bunch!

Detard
04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Way to get back in the gym keith. In the long run, I think you'll be glad you got back to it so quick.

Jorge Sanchez
04-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Good on you for hitting the gym with the sickness and accident.

nhlfan
04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
nothing like a speedy recovery!

that JM press video was awesome, it helped clear up some form problems of mine, thank you

Sidior
04-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Back in the gym quickly, nice work bro!

Kiaran
04-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Welcome back from your accident, bro. Cool video, pretty good advice in there. Great intro as well :D

Coke
04-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Way to keep things rolling bro.

Keith
04-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Glad you're all healed up bro! That video was SUPER helpful, and the beginning of it is sick ass motivational. Thanks a bunch!

I figured people would get something out of that. Almost every video I see in here of people doing this, almost all bring the elbows down and treat it as more of a kaz press. But like he said, whatever works, works. I can't do it, my elbows hurt far too much. I swear, any type of extension really irritates the joint. I'm lucky any type of benching doesn't do this, though.

Way to get back in the gym keith. In the long run, I think you'll be glad you got back to it so quick.

Yeah, I figured I could get back into it. WORLD is still really sore and not able to train but I felt like I was good to go. I treated everything really well, got plenty of rest, iced it up, and was on the foam roller quite a bit, too. It's good to be back even though my cold is still lingering.

Good on you for hitting the gym with the sickness and accident.

Thanks, bud.

nothing like a speedy recovery!

that JM press video was awesome, it helped clear up some form problems of mine, thank you

Yeah, I'm surprised myself. I was in a lot of pain the next day and two days after.

Glad I could help!

Back in the gym quickly, nice work bro!

Welcome back from your accident, bro. Cool video, pretty good advice in there. Great intro as well :D

Way to keep things rolling bro.

Thanks, guys.

Keith
04-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Day 7

DE Squat:

13" box squat w/ double choked minis:

45x5
95x3
135x2
135x2
135x2
135x2
135x2
135x2
135x2
135x2 - Speed on these felt decent. Form and all felt really good, too. I took a wider approach to this to try to work on my hip flexibility and get used to using a wider stance while still driving my knees out and keeping them in line with my feet and hips. I'll take a video with this weight just to clarify the speed and all.

Deadlifts:
135x5 |
185x3 }- These were done conventionally
225x1 |
225x1 - Sumo
225x1 - Narrow sumo (mix between conventional and sumo)

These were supposed to be quick and fast but it didn't really go the speed I expected. Trying to play around with my form with these and figure out what feels most comfortable and powerful. Conventional felt the best and fastest but that could have been because it was first... I still prefer a narrow sumo stance, though.

Lunges:
30x10
40x8
50x6 - God I hate these. They ****ing burn. I wish I had room to walk with these. I hate stepping forward then using everything to push myself back up. Any suggestions? Kiaran, I know you use your box for this. I think I may try that out.

Reverse crunch:
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Foam roll and stretch for 10 minutes.

For you Westsiders, check out this (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=274&pid=138). It's a free "manual", more like a book if you ask me, that covers everything to do with westside training. Get it printed, binded and keep it in the shelf; it's a keeper! I've been studying this the past couple of days and it's taught me quite a bit so far. Another guy I train with ordered the squat, deadlift and bench DVD's off elitefts, too. I'm heading over there tonight and watching what I can considering they're a few hours long.

Keith
04-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I hate this job. I can't wait to get out. Every ****ing person who walks through the door is a bloody expert or an overweight personal trainer and disregard everything I say with complete ignorance and narrow mindedness. Whether they're 400 lbs and haven't touched a weight or been on a treadmill in their life or these ****ing sissies that read the latest article in men's health magazine, they know it all. And the customer's always right, right? Or else you lose the sale... ahh **** that. I'm going out with style when it's time. Someone will end up being knocked out cold. And it involves a 45 lb plate.

nhlfan
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
where do you work?

Jorge Sanchez
04-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Looking good in here.

Detard
04-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Nice lifting keith. Sucks about the job though. Most people are ******s

Keith
04-27-2008, 10:27 AM
where do you work?

Fitness Depot.

Nice lifting keith. Sucks about the job though. Most people are ******s

More like dumb and ignorant, but yeah.

Keith
04-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Day 1

ME Bench:

45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
205x1
220x1
230x1 PR - This was bloody hard. It literally took at least 5 seconds to lockout. I also had a HUGE cramp on the left side of my lower back right in the middle of the rep. I thought I pulled it but I was on the foam roller in between my board sets and I was fine.

3 board:
135x5
183x3
225x3
245x2

Chins:
BWx5
BWx10
25x5
35x4

Face pulls:
30x12
40x12
50x12
60x12

Hammer curls:
25x8
30x10
35x8
35x7

Quite pleased with this session. That PR was really nice to hit. I lost a lot of money online just before I trained so I used a lot of that anger towards the weights. Next week I'll most likely be doing a 2 and 5 board. Should be good to have heavier weights in my hands. And I thought I was going to take it easy this week...

Anyone check out the manual from Westside I posted from my last session?

Detard
04-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Damn nice PR man. You'll have that 1000 total in no time at all.

WORLD
04-27-2008, 08:49 PM
You're so lucky you can start training again. My injuries are getting worse from that accident. I tried benching 95lbs today to see how it felt and it really hurt!!

jed
04-27-2008, 09:29 PM
wow so soon your hittin PR's after that accident man. that's splendid. i hear u on the back cramps, i *****ing hate them dude! u stretch lower back real good before bench? helped me some.

Keith
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Damn nice PR man. You'll have that 1000 total in no time at all.

Thanks, Dan. I'm right up with you now on that lift.

wow so soon your hittin PR's after that accident man. that's splendid. i hear u on the back cramps, i *****ing hate them dude! u stretch lower back real good before bench? helped me some.

Thanks, Jedster. I actually haven't stretched my lower back before benching... not a bad idea, lol.

jed
04-27-2008, 10:01 PM
it won't help right away but my crampings gone down since about a month ago by stretching for about 2 mins before benchin is all. still get cramps sometimes but i used to get them just getting set up...

Indifference
04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Wow Keith, I just read through most of your journal. So much stuff happening in here! Sorry to hear about your wreck and its good that your back in the gym. Ill be stopping by regularly for updates. Congrats on the bench PR, sounds like it was a heck of a grinder. I can definitely relate to that.

Also like jed said, DEFINITELY stretch your lower back before you bench. I used to get the worst cramps mid press and Id feel them for the rest of the session/day. I started stretching it before I press and now I dont get them anymore. Very worth it.

Also sucks about your job. Im not sure I could presonally deal with people blabbing about **** they think they know trying to convince you that they know more when its obvious they dont. Find a sweet manual labor job, those generally dont involve talking to people and are my favorite type for sure!

good luck man!

Jorge Sanchez
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Nice bench.

Rusty
04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Congrats on the PR Keith.

Eat more.

Keith
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
it won't help right away but my crampings gone down since about a month ago by stretching for about 2 mins before benchin is all. still get cramps sometimes but i used to get them just getting set up...

Sounds good. I'll do pretty much anything to avoid that again. I've had it before but that was pretty intense.

Wow Keith, I just read through most of your journal. So much stuff happening in here! Sorry to hear about your wreck and its good that your back in the gym. Ill be stopping by regularly for updates. Congrats on the bench PR, sounds like it was a heck of a grinder. I can definitely relate to that.

Also like jed said, DEFINITELY stretch your lower back before you bench. I used to get the worst cramps mid press and Id feel them for the rest of the session/day. I started stretching it before I press and now I dont get them anymore. Very worth it.

Also sucks about your job. Im not sure I could presonally deal with people blabbing about **** they think they know trying to convince you that they know more when its obvious they dont. Find a sweet manual labor job, those generally dont involve talking to people and are my favorite type for sure!

good luck man!

Thanks a lot, man. Really means a lot that you took the time to read through it.

And I have found another job; I got into the carpentry union. It's a 4 year apprenticeship program. My first day is July 7th so I'll have to stick it out with this job a little longer than I wanted to.

Nice bench.

Thanks, Jorge.

Congrats on the PR Keith.

Eat more.

Thanks. And I'll have you know I've still continued bulking and I'm 180 lbs now. I know, I'm still a woman. :hello:

Sidior
04-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Feck that is a PR real quick after the car accident. You are a freak.

Keith
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Day 3

ME Squat:

Foam roll

45x10
95x5
135x3
185x2
225x1 - Still feels heavy coming down, but it went up really fast
260 - Walk out
275 - Walk out
260x2 PR - Previous best was 250x3. I was pleased with this, but not 100% because the 2nd went up without too much difficulty. I unracked the weight, took the belt off and was about to go to the next exercise but I decided to rack it again and shoot for a true single. So I did.

270x1 PR This was a 20 lb PR! **** I was pumped about this because I thought it would be a good month before I touch 275.

Pull throughs:
lightsx10
x10
x10
x10 - These feel like they're putting a lot of strain on my lower back. Not sure if I should be feeling what I'm feeling, but it's almost like the pain you get after doing continuous amounts of situps. Is this normal?

Calf raises:
45x10
95x10
135x12
155x12
155x12
155x12

Reverse crunch:
5x10
5x10
5x10

Reverse hyper:
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

This is the 260x2:
fsWcd66nj4w

This is the 270x1:
smJ2WCixnIg

Foam roll and stretch for 20 minutes.

Damn I was happy about this workout. I increased the weight on every exercise and hit an awesome PR. Coming back from this accident questioned me when I could come back and shoot for PR's again. Nothing is slowing my squat down. Depth felt good but it's hard to judge from that angle so next time I'll put the camera in a different place and have 275 on the bar!

Sidior
04-29-2008, 09:20 PM
That squat was a joke, nice work! Depth looked close too, although it is hard to tell without a better angle, either way parallelish. Don't be afraid to stand still with the weight for a bit longer because you walk it out after standing up with it. It will give the weight more time to settle on your back. It bounces alot more the heavier you go.

Bako Lifter
04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Woooooh, nice PR buddy.

jed
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
great job on that PR man! 270 is great but a +20 lb PR is awesome!! good work dude.

Indifference
04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
That looked pretty easy man, you kept it pretty fluid the whole time. Also are you listening to headphones? Im just askin cause its like dead quiet in there and my ADD self would go crazy...

dblockspky
04-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Congrats on the Bench PR and even moreso with the +20 squat PR. Depth on those look great. How the hell do you have the bar so far down on your traps though? It would take all my energy to hold it in place like that.

Coke
04-30-2008, 06:20 AM
Awesome deal with the squats Keith.

Jorge Sanchez
04-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Nice PRs, but I can't see the vids. It says they're no longer available, but it could just be my firewall at work.

Keith
04-30-2008, 08:24 AM
That squat was a joke, nice work! Depth looked close too, although it is hard to tell without a better angle, either way parallelish. Don't be afraid to stand still with the weight for a bit longer because you walk it out after standing up with it. It will give the weight more time to settle on your back. It bounces alot more the heavier you go.

Yeah, I guess I could do that. I almost lost it on the 270 coming out because I got a little excited I was on cam :p. That's never happened before but yeah, I'll give it a bit more time. Thanks, Dave!

Woooooh, nice PR buddy.

Thanks, dude.

great job on that PR man! 270 is great but a +20 lb PR is awesome!! good work dude.

Thanks a lot, bud.

That looked pretty easy man, you kept it pretty fluid the whole time. Also are you listening to headphones? Im just askin cause its like dead quiet in there and my ADD self would go crazy...

Of course I'm listening to headphones! I would go crazy in there too if I didn't have anything to listen to. Now that it's in my garage, I can't listen to music through speakers because I keep the door open a crack. And quite frankly, my neighbours would probably consider putting me in a mental institution if they heard the music I listen to while I train.

Congrats on the Bench PR and even moreso with the +20 squat PR. Depth on those look great. How the hell do you have the bar so far down on your traps though? It would take all my energy to hold it in place like that.

Thanks, bro. I have it that low because that's where my shelf is, which is where most people's are. If you haven't already tried using a low bar placement, I recommend it. When you're squatting heavier weights and using a wider stance, you'll need it that low. Check out the vids from the guys at westside; that's low!

Awesome deal with the squats Keith.

Thanks, Coke!

Nice PRs, but I can't see the vids. It says they're no longer available, but it could just be my firewall at work.

Thanks. They're still up. Must be a firewall.

Dirk Pitt
04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Nice job on those PR's man, I need to stop by more often.

Kiaran
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Hell yeah, bro. Not only a PR, but a vid too! Heh, garage looks a little chilly...I know how that goes. Couldn't see the depth, but considering you dropped out of the view, I'd say it hit depth just fine. 20 lb PRs absolutely rule, bro. 275 will be yours. To be honest, the only thing that looks like it's slowing you down is core strength. Just work on your breathing before take off and keeping things as tight as possible. Walkouts are definitely a win and tons of core work.

On those pull throughs, you mentioned your back was hurting like on situps. Jim Wendler talks about this a little in his Squat/DL Index vid. Basically when you are doing anything involving your lower back, never relax the core even for a second. Especially on the transition from one direction to the other. Stay tight and it won't tweak. Also, I keep forgetting about pull throughs, damn it! Gonna need to write a huge note on the wall...

Invain
05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Good job man, 20 pounds is a big jump.

Keith
05-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Nice job on those PR's man, I need to stop by more often.

Thanks, dude.

Hell yeah, bro. Not only a PR, but a vid too! Heh, garage looks a little chilly...I know how that goes. Couldn't see the depth, but considering you dropped out of the view, I'd say it hit depth just fine. 20 lb PRs absolutely rule, bro. 275 will be yours. To be honest, the only thing that looks like it's slowing you down is core strength. Just work on your breathing before take off and keeping things as tight as possible. Walkouts are definitely a win and tons of core work.

On those pull throughs, you mentioned your back was hurting like on situps. Jim Wendler talks about this a little in his Squat/DL Index vid. Basically when you are doing anything involving your lower back, never relax the core even for a second. Especially on the transition from one direction to the other. Stay tight and it won't tweak. Also, I keep forgetting about pull throughs, damn it! Gonna need to write a huge note on the wall...

Thanks, K. I swear you're the only person that reads the summary of journals. I have yet to put up pics of my new location because it's far from done. My family is always very busy and I keep asking them to look at what they want to keep, and what they can toss so I can fix it up and make it more of a gym. It's a bit cold now, but I like it, more hardcore that way. I think I agree with you on my core strength. I'll make a mental note to keep my core tight throughout the entire rep. That all made sense and I haven't seen that clip in his video, but I will soon. I'm still learning to breathe and press my belly against my belt, but I think that's coming along really well. I love pull throughs, I just wanted to varify if that feeling was normal.

Good job man, 20 pounds is a big jump.

Thanks, dude. 20 lbs is a big jump, but when I looked over how big of a PR it was, I did do 250x3 so it's not necessarily a true 20 lb PR. But I was still definitely happy about it.

Keith
05-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Day 5

DE bench:

45x10
95x5
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3

Military press:
45x10
95x5
105x10
105x10 - Stopped there, right shoulder was in a bit of pain. God I hate this exercise.

Kroc row:
70x10
80x10
90x10
90x15 PR - This was a rep PR. Nothing that meaningful to me, but I like noting PR's. :p

Lateral raises:
20x12
20x12
20x12

Kaz press:
45x10
75x10
75x10
75x10

Decent workout. Did hit a PR so it's all good. Did my first speed day without bands and everything still felt really good. Got a huge pump from this workout, too! Not sure if I should drop the mili's and add in another type of raise for shoulders and keep it simple without so much stress on the shoulders. Sound like a smart idea or keep the pressing?

EDIT: Ahhh, I almost forgot... I bought a new car today! 2004 Volkswagen Jetta. It's black on black, leather interior, sun roof, dark tint, fully loaded, manual transmission, and it's a turbo, too! This thing is so slick. On a sunny day, I'll take a picture of it. I'll be getting it on Monday at the latest so hopefully I'll throw some pics up on Tuesday.

Keith
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
I've never posted my diet up on here so here it goes. Nothing really changes with this. I eat pretty much the same thing everyday, just slightly more of it consistently because I'm bulking. Here it is on training days (non-training days are the same without the post workout shake):

Meal #1: 1000 calorie shake that consists of whey, natty PB, banana, wild blue berries, olive oil and milk.

Meal #2: Cabbage casserole (this is more like a beef casserole considering 90% of it is beef)

Meal #3: 2 pieces of salmon, yams and broccoli

Train

Meal #4: Whey & Maltodextrin (50-50g)

Meal #5: Eggs and oats

Meal #6: Muscle milk and almonds

Right now my cals are about 4600. The rare time that I miss a meal or I'm rushed for time I'll eat at McDs 90% of the time or sometimes Wendys or Free Toppings.

dblockspky
05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Shake sounds disgusting lol. Good job hitting the PR, switch up the M. presses definitely if they cause you too much pain. And props to you for taking in that many cals. I don't think I've ever consumed 4000+ in one day.

Indifference
05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice DE effort bro. I agree with Dblock, drop the military presses. I havent done them in at least a year cause of my terrible shoulder issues I had. And I also know a lot of really strong guys that swear by NOT doing them because of how badly they can mess up your shoulders. I know I sure as hell dont miss them! Oh, and you eat probably twice as much as I do right now. Keep it up!

jed
05-01-2008, 10:44 PM
hey now thats a hell of a workout today, mate! you said mabe subbing a raise for a press, that may be smart, 3 presses in one day seems a bit much, although i dont quite know what a kaz press is. i never like to do more than 2 in a day, though.

deeder
05-01-2008, 10:56 PM
What is a Kroc row?

jed
05-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh yeah, and nice to hear about your new car. hope it treats you well! :)

Coke
05-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Wow bro, really consuming some calories these days.

Jorge Sanchez
05-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Solid workout and diet.

Keith
05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Shake sounds disgusting lol. Good job hitting the PR, switch up the M. presses definitely if they cause you too much pain. And props to you for taking in that many cals. I don't think I've ever consumed 4000+ in one day.

I haven't changed that shake recipe in probably two years. It's actually pretty tasty so long as it's cold. Usually the mili's don't hurt but the past session I did feel a little something in my right shoulder. I've slowly learned to eat that much over the past few years. When I start UD 2.0, whenever that is, I have no idea how I'll handle carb depletion days. Thanks, bro.

Nice DE effort bro. I agree with Dblock, drop the military presses. I havent done them in at least a year cause of my terrible shoulder issues I had. And I also know a lot of really strong guys that swear by NOT doing them because of how badly they can mess up your shoulders. I know I sure as hell dont miss them! Oh, and you eat probably twice as much as I do right now. Keep it up!

I'll cut them out for a bit and see how that goes. I'll throw in some strict rear delt raises for a while and see how that works. I'm sure my shoulders get hit plenty hard throughout the week with all the pressing and pulling/rowing. Yeah, I'm quite pleased with how my diet has been lately but I'm still small and weak as ****. Thanks, bud!

hey now thats a hell of a workout today, mate! you said mabe subbing a raise for a press, that may be smart, 3 presses in one day seems a bit much, although i dont quite know what a kaz press is. i never like to do more than 2 in a day, though.

To be honest, neither do I. Bako's got a video of it on youtube and it's the only one that shows a "kaz press". From the explanation of it from other sites I've seen, it's pretty much a close-grip bench press up around the chin to eye level. Anyways, whatever movement it is, it's ****ing awesome and hits my tris really hard. I do them very strict and keep my elbows tucked.

What is a Kroc row?

Basically it's a one-arm row but at a 45 degree angle to hit the top inside portion of the rhomboid minor.

D7jAIdoORxI

Oh yeah, and nice to hear about your new car. hope it treats you well! :)

Thanks! I can't wait to get it! And take some pics of her in the sunshine. I'll be sure to post them.

Wow bro, really consuming some calories these days.

Yup, I have been for quite some time and my weight is finally coming along. I just have to accept the fat that comes along with it.

Solid workout and diet.

Thanks, dude.

JSully
05-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I like that Kroc Row, it looks interesting, I might try it out..

that guy hit 225x25 on single arm rows... holy **** that's amazing!

good stuff in here, nice cal intake! I'm jealous..

Dirk Pitt
05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Nice diet bro. That shake actually sounds kind of tasty. How do you like the Kroc rows? I have been looking at them this week and am thinking of adding them to my routine.

Keith
05-03-2008, 09:22 AM
I like that Kroc Row, it looks interesting, I might try it out..

that guy hit 225x25 on single arm rows... holy **** that's amazing!

good stuff in here, nice cal intake! I'm jealous..

Thanks, dude. You should try them out; they're awesome.

Nice diet bro. That shake actually sounds kind of tasty. How do you like the Kroc rows? I have been looking at them this week and am thinking of adding them to my routine.

The shake is quite tasty. It just has to be cold. By the time I get to the bottom, it's kind of warm and I feel like puking it back up. I love those rows, but I like the typical one-arm rows, too. Add 'em and let me know what you think.

Keith
05-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Day 6

DE squat:

Double choked minis on 11" box:

45x5
95x3
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2 - These were bloody low. And no tension at the bottom because of that. I'll have to triple choke them next time I squat off 11".

Sumo deadlift:
135x5
185x3
225x2
275x1
290x5 - PR This was suppose to be a triple PR, but turned into a big 5 rep PR. It was expected since I haven't pulled in a long time and my squat has been coming along nicely. These were pretty hard on the hips but I think I prefer pulling sumo. I should be good for 315 next time.

Lunges:
30x10
40x8
50x6 - God, I hate these. Probably my least favourite exercise.

Reverse crunch:
5x10
5x10
5x10

Pretty satisfied with how everything went. Happy about the deadlift PR but my strength off the ground is incredibly weak compared to my lockout strength at knee level. I won't be doing any pin pulls for a good couple of years.. seriously. I really have to start working hard on my deadlift. It absolutely sucks but I have a feeling these will come up really nicely soon. So who else forgets to take their creatine?! ****. I almost always do on my off days. Ahhh, I never noticed a difference when I took it consistently anyways.

Jorge Sanchez
05-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Nice pulls, buddy.

When I was taking creatine I'd always have a protein shake before bed and just throw it in there. I found it was an easy way to remember. The key is to get into a routine and take it at the same time every day.

dblockspky
05-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Congrats on the PR. You'll have 315 easy next time. I'm the exact same, my strength off the floor sucks compared to my strength at the top of the lift.

Indifference
05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Solid working day Keith! Thats a pretty nice PR too. I never could get the hang of pulling sumo... Also an 11inch box? hells thats low! Im pretty sure I would topple trying to get onto it with no weight! I also agree on the floor strength. If Ive got it past my shins its going up... but getting to that point is the hardest ****ing thing. I think Im going to be like you and just **** the pin pulls and do some platforms for the next decade. Good work today bro!

jed
05-03-2008, 10:40 PM
excellent PR man! 290x5 is amazing, n i think that's definately 315+!! cant wait till ya get that :D think ur squat reduced ur pulling power or nah?

nhlfan
05-04-2008, 02:55 AM
sick pr!

Rusty
05-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Great PR Keith.

Hopefully I'll see ya in Cambridge today.

Coke
05-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Effort is looking very nice bro.

Keith
05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Nice pulls, buddy.

When I was taking creatine I'd always have a protein shake before bed and just throw it in there. I found it was an easy way to remember. The key is to get into a routine and take it at the same time every day.

I used to have a note on my fridge telling me not to forget but my sister moved in the basement now so I don't have it up anymore. Yours is a good idea, though. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Congrats on the PR. You'll have 315 easy next time. I'm the exact same, my strength off the floor sucks compared to my strength at the top of the lift.

Thanks, man. I think so, too (about the 315 next time)!

Solid working day Keith! Thats a pretty nice PR too. I never could get the hang of pulling sumo... Also an 11inch box? hells thats low! Im pretty sure I would topple trying to get onto it with no weight! I also agree on the floor strength. If Ive got it past my shins its going up... but getting to that point is the hardest ****ing thing. I think Im going to be like you and just **** the pin pulls and do some platforms for the next decade. Good work today bro!

Thanks, dude. I think it's pathetic, or sorry, I KNOW it's pathetic but I think it'll come along nicely with my squat... hopefully. 11" is pretty damn low. It's well below parallel. I won't be doing those too often but they are nice every now and then. You should ditch the pin pulls if that's where your weakness is. There's no point to them, really, if your weakness is at the bottom. I spent far too much time on them and that's why I think my dead is so damn weak.

excellent PR man! 290x5 is amazing, n i think that's definately 315+!! cant wait till ya get that :D think ur squat reduced ur pulling power or nah?

Amazing? Lol, thanks man. You're too kind considering you're pulling how much??? I have 315 in me, I know I do. I'll get it on tape next week. That's quite a bit milestone for me. My squat hasn't reduced my pulling strength, it's just that I haven't done any pulling off the ground in a long time. Like I said to Indifference, I spent far too much time pulling at knee level with pin pulls and now it's way out of balance. If anything, my squat will help with my sumo dead. Same stance, similar movement.

sick pr!

Great PR Keith.

Effort is looking very nice bro.

Thanks, guys.

Bako Lifter
05-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Sweet pulling big dogg.

jed
05-04-2008, 08:18 PM
i actually meant do you think doing squats right before your deads fatigues you so you cant pull as much? not overall help, yeah squats would help your deads overall.

Keith
05-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Let the bad times roll:

Day 1

ME bench:

1 board:
45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
205x1
225x1 - Everything felt like ass, so I stopped there.

5 board:
185x3
225x3
245x3
255x3 - That's the most I've ever held above my face. It was damn heavy especially on my wrists even with the wraps.

T-bar rows:
90x10
135x10
180x10 - Stopped there because I haven't done these in a long time and I remember why. It felt like ass just like everything else so I moved on.

Chins:
BWx5
BWx10
25x5
35x4 - Very slow negatives.

Hammer curls:
25x8
30x10
35x8
35x9 - PR!!!

****. I hated everything about this workout. Everything. It's amazing the thoughts that go through your head when you have a serious off day. A lot went wrong (not with my lifts) that's not even worth getting into. I was bound to have a bad training day after all the good ones I've been through lately.

On a good note, I went to see my first powerlifting competition today and saw Rusty and Detard compete. It was awesome to see live and really made me think about getting into one within a couple of years. Lots of nervous energy in the room. I really want to bring my raw numbers up in the next year, then play around in some gear, THEN compete. But it's definitely something that I'm interested in doing.

Keith
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Sweet pulling big dogg.

I'm almost too ashamed to post it, but thanks.

i actually meant do you think doing squats right before your deads fatigues you so you cant pull as much? not overall help, yeah squats would help your deads overall.

Possibly. The squats are fairly light but it's the only day I can have those there unless I were to switch them with ME squats every other week or what not. But I like them there right now so I'll stick with that.

Kiaran
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Nice PR on the Sumos the other day, bro. You are going to triple choke the minis? That's some crazy rebound right there, lol. Lunges do suck ass, but they definitely carry over well if you do stick with them. You'll see as the numbers come up. Did you do them with dumbbells or barbell? I prefer the barbell. I've never touched Creatine, do you like it? Also, don't worry bout your bad day in the gym. You already said it: we all have them eventually. That's cool about watching a PL competition. I've never been to one. I might go watch one in the coming years. I could imagine they are intense as hell.

JSully
05-04-2008, 08:53 PM
looking good in here.. what's your bodyweight?

I fixed my leg drive by really concentrating on it and almost pulling backwards. Focus on squatting and keeping your back upright for the lowest portion of the deadlift, then straighten it out. Hard to explain, thinking this way helped me. I'm about to start doing high rep (10-12 reps) deadlifts to put myself in the hypertrophy range... those suck, considering I HATE deadlifting over 6 reps..

Indifference
05-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Wasnt too bad of a day bro, I mean you still worked out AND posted it. The worst days are the ones you walk out the door and dont post up. We all got those days big guy. Think of today as a DE day, and focus all your negative energy on a heavy ass squat next day your due to squat big! And if you held 255 and board pressed for 3 thats still an accomplishment. Your wrists will also get used to the weight. When I jumped up a ton of weight they shook and the whole 9 but now they are pretty solid. Dont worry about today man. As a friend once told me "dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things". haha ok I cant stay serious anymore...

Keith
05-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Nice PR on the Sumos the other day, bro. You are going to triple choke the minis? That's some crazy rebound right there, lol. Lunges do suck ass, but they definitely carry over well if you do stick with them. You'll see as the numbers come up. Did you do them with dumbbells or barbell? I prefer the barbell. I've never touched Creatine, do you like it? Also, don't worry bout your bad day in the gym. You already said it: we all have them eventually. That's cool about watching a PL competition. I've never been to one. I might go watch one in the coming years. I could imagine they are intense as hell.

When I double choked the minis on an 11" box, there was no tension at the bottom so I pretty much have to triple them. But yeah, it's pretty tight at the top. I've always done lunges with dumbbells. Any advantage or easier with the bar? I've noticed you've stuck with the bar. Any reason why? Creatine is over-rated IMO. It's done nothing for me ever since I tried it which was about two years ago. It's the most talked about supplement, too. I still continue to take it for some reason, though. You should check out a PL comp. You should actually get yourself into one. You have the strength, really. That's why I'm not competing. If you have the interest, get yourself into some gear and look around at even some small near by comps. They seem like a ton of fun and great experience! I was pretty nervous just watching Detard and Rusty..

looking good in here.. what's your bodyweight?

I fixed my leg drive by really concentrating on it and almost pulling backwards. Focus on squatting and keeping your back upright for the lowest portion of the deadlift, then straighten it out. Hard to explain, thinking this way helped me. I'm about to start doing high rep (10-12 reps) deadlifts to put myself in the hypertrophy range... those suck, considering I HATE deadlifting over 6 reps..

In the morning I'm about 173 but at night I'm at 180. 180 sounds better so I like to say I'm that weight. I know what you mean about pulling backwards. I've seen and studied the bench, deadlift and squat index videos from elitefts and always reading articles on them. If you look earlier in my journal, I have a link where it gives you a manual but much more like a book all about westside and their training including form and technique. Check it out if you're still interested in that stuff. I hate deadlifting anything over a triple!

Wasnt too bad of a day bro, I mean you still worked out AND posted it. The worst days are the ones you walk out the door and dont post up. We all got those days big guy. Think of today as a DE day, and focus all your negative energy on a heavy ass squat next day your due to squat big! And if you held 255 and board pressed for 3 thats still an accomplishment. Your wrists will also get used to the weight. When I jumped up a ton of weight they shook and the whole 9 but now they are pretty solid. Dont worry about today man. As a friend once told me "dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things". haha ok I cant stay serious anymore...

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. It means a lot to me. I felt like quitting in the middle and not posting but I've never done that before and I wasn't about to. I'll make it up on ME squat day tomorrow. I'm squatting 275 for sure! I'm expecting my wrists get used to the weight because that felt bloody heavy. Lol, I understand your quote in the serious way. Thanks, man.

So I didn't get my car today! I'm getting it tomorrow now. Oh, and I got a video camera. My friend was nice enough to give it to me for free. It's old, but it takes video and I can upload it onto the computer. That's all I need. I just have to buy a tape. Hopefully everything will be ready for tomorrows squat. This evening I'll try and get my box jump on tape. I'll tape it in my backyard which isn't where I originally was box jumping but it'll do. I did it in my work with matts and just kept adding one on top of the other. My backyard railing won't be as tall as what I was doing in my work, but it's much scarier because if I fall, it won't be on matts!

Sidior
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
We all have bad workouts man, nothing to stress about too much. Was that the first time you ever did 5 board work?

Lones Green
05-05-2008, 01:06 PM
hey dude at least you set a PR on the hammer curls, haha

dblockspky
05-05-2008, 03:22 PM
good work yesterday man. You can't dominate every day. Good luck with the new though of entering a PL comp. They look pretty cool. I want to enter one but I hate being anywhere near last though so I have quite a while before I enter one myself.

Dirk Pitt
05-05-2008, 10:30 PM
That's great that you want to compete. Just keep working hard and you will be strong enough to do it. Don't worry about the ****ty workout, I have had a couple crappy w/o's recently myself, but all the other ones have been great. And you set a curl PR, so it wasn't all bad.
edit: I am going to try the Kroc rows tomorrow, was going to be today but homework for my class / going to the chiro for a ****ed up tailbone and hip got in the way of working out today.

Coke
05-06-2008, 06:05 AM
That Keith is one mean cat, lol - :D

Keith
05-06-2008, 06:41 PM
We all have bad workouts man, nothing to stress about too much. Was that the first time you ever did 5 board work?

Yeah, it wasn't even that bad. Mentally I was in the gutter, though. That was the first time I've done 5 board work but I've done 4 board before.

hey dude at least you set a PR on the hammer curls, haha

It's true. I was ****ing PUMPED about that. I got my whole body into it and everything for that last rep.

good work yesterday man. You can't dominate every day. Good luck with the new though of entering a PL comp. They look pretty cool. I want to enter one but I hate being anywhere near last though so I have quite a while before I enter one myself.

Same with me. That's why I want to wait it out for quite some time. I'm bloody weak as it is, so I'm thinking of waiting for a good two years.

That's great that you want to compete. Just keep working hard and you will be strong enough to do it. Don't worry about the ****ty workout, I have had a couple crappy w/o's recently myself, but all the other ones have been great. And you set a curl PR, so it wasn't all bad.
edit: I am going to try the Kroc rows tomorrow, was going to be today but homework for my class / going to the chiro for a ****ed up tailbone and hip got in the way of working out today.

Lol, thanks. But just to be clear, I could care less about the curl PR. I could have just put more energy into curls that day. Let me know how the kroc rows go. ****ty to hear about the injuries, man. Good to hear you're getting it checked out, though.

That Keith is one mean cat, lol - :D

It comes naturally. :evillaugh:

Keith
05-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Day 3

ME squat:

Foam roll posterior chain and bike for 10 minutes

45x10
95x5
135x3
185x1
225x1
255x1
300 - walkout
275x2 PR - This was HUGE to me. First one was slightly high, but the second one hit parallel. I was hoping for a single too and I pushed it out for a double. ****in right!

Good mornings:
45x10
65x8
65x8
65x8
65x8 - These were very slow. Just slowly working on my form.

Calf raises:
65x10
95x10
135x12
160x12
160x12
160x12

Reverse crunch:
6x10
6x10
6x10

Foam roll and stretch for 15 minutes

Damn I was happy about this session. I finally got a camera and taped all my lifts today but I can't upload them without some ****ing memory stick. I recorded it onto a tape and it doesn't seem like I can upload them onto my computer without that stick. I wanted to post my GM's to clarify my form, too. I'll post them if I can when I get a memory stick.

Kiaran
05-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Haha, nice job, dude! Once you start repping with 275, you know what that means? 3pps is on the way! How do you do your calf raises? Just under the bar and a block or what? Also, where did you get your foam roll (I need one)? Looking forward to the vids for sure, bro.

Jorge Sanchez
05-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Huge squats. I can't wait to see 315 in here.

Coke
05-07-2008, 05:57 AM
Like them squats and GMs man.

Dirk Pitt
05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Nice job on the squats. Can't wait to see some vids dude!

WORLD
05-07-2008, 07:08 PM
:mad: