PDA

View Full Version : end of bulk pix

recordgeek
03-22-2008, 11:13 AM
started my bulk last july when i was 172lbs @ 11% bf, now am at 189 @ 17%, so a bit freaked at the bf gain, but am much stronger, hit personal best recently with 325 flat bench 1x, and 300 4x. Starting cut now, aiming for 180 @ 10% or lower, we'll see how i do...

thanks for all comments,

Mike

Jorge Sanchez
03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Looking good. I'd guess that you're lower than 17%. How did you get that number?

BFGUITAR
03-22-2008, 12:51 PM
How did your other lifts do? Squat/deadlift.

recordgeek
03-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Looking good. I'd guess that you're lower than 17%. How did you get that number?

How did your other lifts do? Squat/deadlift.

BF # was via caliper test, done a few times; it's right, but if I look less, all the better.

My squats and deadlifts are lame, I have a herniated disc and have to work pretty light--heaviest deadlift I've done is 155lbs. I work with 12 plates on a leg press, so my legs are strong--but always have to be careful to not injure myself.

For easy reference, here's my two progress comps, dates and stats are off on some of this, but the pix are in the right order:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...&ppuser=137597

cphafner
03-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Why do you only come around to post pictures?

BFGUITAR
03-22-2008, 03:22 PM
BF # was via caliper test, done a few times; it's right, but if I look less, all the better.

My squats and deadlifts are lame, I have a herniated disc and have to work pretty light--heaviest deadlift I've done is 155lbs. I work with 12 plates on a leg press, so my legs are strong--but always have to be careful to not injure myself.

For easy reference, here's my two progress comps, dates and stats are off on some of this, but the pix are in the right order:

Is there 12 plates per side or 12 plates overall? Because 12 plates overall is pretty weak...

BigRic
03-22-2008, 03:36 PM
You definately look less than 17.

recordgeek
03-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Why do you only come around to post pictures?

Because, given the demands of my life (family, work, and finding time to work out), I don't get here very often. It helps me when I have new pics to share them and get feedback, and I understand that giving encouragement and feedback to others would make me a more engaged member of the WBB community, but it's unlikely that I'm ever really going to be able to do that.

It seems to me that the reason that someone should be called out on a board like this is because they are treating other members disrespectfully, not because they are more or less involved. This is the second time the moderators of this board have responded in this way to me. It's their playground, and if they choose to be bullies, I suppose it's their right. In my view, they are being disrespectful, not me.

To the rest of the nice folks on this board, thanks for your support.

Mike

cphafner
03-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Because, given the demands of my life (family, work, and finding time to work out), I don't get here very often. It helps me when I have new pics to share them and get feedback, and I understand that giving encouragement and feedback to others would make me a more engaged member of the WBB community, but it's unlikely that I'm ever really going to be able to do that.

It seems to me that the reason that someone should be called out on a board like this is because they are treating other members disrespectfully, not because they are more or less involved. This is the second time the moderators of this board have responded in this way to me. It's their playground, and if they choose to be bullies, I suppose it's their right. In my view, they are being disrespectful, not me.

To the rest of the nice folks on this board, thanks for your support.

Mike

IMO, and I don't speak for any other mods, this section is MEMBER PICS. The people who post on the board are supposed to show their progress here. People on the board take great joy in seeing the progress of the people that come on the board, ask questions, help others, etc. Attention whores that come on posting pictures for nothing but compliments serve no purpose in here. Thats just my opinion. I'll stay out of your future threads, but you bring nothing to the board.

AUMM
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
IMO, and I don't speak for any other mods, this section is MEMBER PICS. The people who post on the board are supposed to show their progress here. People on the board take great joy in seeing the progress of the people that come on the board, ask questions, help others, etc. Attention whores that come on posting pictures for nothing but compliments serve no purpose in here. Thats just my opinion. I'll stay out of your future threads, but you bring nothing to the board.

I think I disagree...I don't post here often but I am constantly reading posts and looking at routines, advice, etc.... I still consider myself a member regardless of how many questions i ask or posts i make....

Nosaj
03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I think I disagree...I don't post here often but I am constantly reading posts and looking at routines, advice, etc.... I still consider myself a member regardless of how many questions i ask or posts i make....

Who are you?

Nosaj
03-25-2008, 05:07 PM
started my bulk last july when i was 172lbs @ 11% bf, now am at 189 @ 17%, so a bit freaked at the bf gain, but am much stronger, hit personal best recently with 325 flat bench 1x, and 300 4x. Starting cut now, aiming for 180 @ 10% or lower, we'll see how i do...

thanks for all comments,

Mike

Looking thick. Too bad about the back problems, you can definitely tell and you're starting to look top heavy. Try and pull some definition out of your calves through seperation and conditioning. Maybe add some runnining cardio during your upcoming cut, as well as some calf exercises. Also, back width lacks compared to thickness and delt development. Weighed pullups, do em'.