PDA

View Full Version : Mono keeping me down and haven't trained in 2 months. BF guesses please?

ray34iyf
03-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey guys. I'm starting to get real pissed that my mono isn't letting up, and I still feel crappy, tired, blah blah blah. Anyways, I haven't been able to train in like 2 months. Sitting at about 160 and not sure where I am bodyfat wise. Any guesses? All I know is not being able to train and watch your body start to return to teh skinny fatt is depressing.
Thanks.

Front DBL Bi
http://img2.putfile.com/main/3/8216515054.jpg

Back DBL Bi
http://img2.putfile.com/main/3/8216463688.jpg

Tofer
03-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Hard to say without seeing a relaxed front shot, man. The lack of definition in the front shot, as far as the chest and hip bones go, would lead me to guess 16-18.

Detard
03-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I feel ur pain dude. I had mono for a while and lost 16lbs. It sucks but youll eventually get over it and when you do just train heavy, eat heavy, rest heavy and it'll all come back.

ray34iyf
03-23-2008, 06:26 PM
How long were you out of action when you had mono and when did you know you were ready to go back? I felt quite good last week and decided to try to get back into lifting...bad idea. Mild symptoms(sore throat, headaches) returned and now I'm more tired again. Blah..mono sucks.

Lones Green
03-23-2008, 06:43 PM
How long were you out of action when you had mono and when did you know you were ready to go back? I felt quite good last week and decided to try to get back into lifting...bad idea. Mild symptoms(sore throat, headaches) returned and now I'm more tired again. Blah..mono sucks.

take a long time off. ask your doctor. you can really injure yourself with too much physical activity too soon. you can even die.

Detard
03-23-2008, 07:26 PM

I tried the same thing and felt ****ty so I just rested for another couple weeks. It really sucks man but it all comes back if you work hard. Muscle memory FTW!

ray34iyf
03-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah man. I'm at the stage where I'm over all of the hardcore acute symptoms...now I'm just kinda tired and deal with some mild headaches, lightheadedness, and weakness. I was thinking of just resting for another 3 weeks and pounding the Vitamin C and zinc as much as I can. Where you able to come back after giving it another couple weeks?..and afterwards, how did you go about easing back into lifting?..or did you just go full out?

Detard
03-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I just kept going with my routine, worked on getting my weight back up while increasing either reps or weight every workout.

Lones Green
03-24-2008, 03:50 AM
I just kept going with my routine, worked on getting my weight back up while increasing either reps or weight every workout.

yeah. even when doing this i came very close to fainting with 405 on my back.

ray34iyf
03-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Well, I feel as if I could go again today...i feel pretty good. Now I'm going to wait atleast another two weeks and hopefully I'll be good to go! God damn, I feel bad for anyone involved in athletics who gets this virus of death.