PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about my urine

CanadianBad
03-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Sorry for the title but I am growing ever more concerned about my urine. It has lost almost all of its yellow color for well over a month now. At first I thought it was related to my water intake/diet ect. But Ive noticed no matter what I drink or eat or how active I am during the day im constantly urinating a clear urine. A google search said it might be a kind of diabetes (not type I or II) but I havent noticed any other symptoms. Any insight would be great.

Travis Bell
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
pee white pee right

you're just plenty hydrated. If you're worried take a sample to your doctor and he'll have it analyzed

VikingWarlord
03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
You're talking about Diabetes Insipidus. Clear urine isn't really a symptom of DI, but like Travis said, talk to a doc if you want to know. Diagnosis takes a little more than a sample though.

deeder
03-23-2008, 09:59 PM
If you want yellow pee take 3 or 4 multis tomorrow morning. :thumbup:

You're hydrated and that's a good thing!

azma
03-24-2008, 05:55 AM
A month is a long time. I'd see an endocrinologist and have urinalysis conducted -- you're clearly worried about it, and that's the only way to know fore sure.

bjohnso
03-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Exactly how much water are you consuming a day?

CanadianBad
03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
I went to the doctor for a blood/urine test. He told me to not drink much liquid and see how my color was the next morning. It had a slight tint. Should hear back from him soon, probally tomorrow. He said it could be Diabetes Insipidus but he doubts it. He also said it could be a liver problem or infection.

I drink varying amounts of water. Some days none, some days up to 8-10 glasses. I dont have a steady balanced intake of water.

VikingWarlord
03-26-2008, 04:49 AM
If you don't get up a few times in the middle of the night to drink and urinate, you likely don't have DI. 8-10 glasses really isn't all that much for folks around here. I myself consume 7-8L a day of just water.

CanadianBad
03-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Tests came back good. He says Im good and attributed it to a healthy diet. So I guess its not a bad thing. Although he said he wants to do another test if another month goes by and my urine looks like Dasani