PDA

View Full Version : need help training the gf

Giovanna360
03-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Hey,

So I've personally decided that lifting is my priority and have made phenomenal gains due to it but the girlfriend...not so much. she plays softball but eats worse than anyone iv ever seen. shes not fat by any means but shes gained some weight over the past few months. she FINALLY agreed to let me train her. i think shes inspired by my progress :D

so the first thing i want to do is get her on the most effective diet possible. as of now, i have cutout simple carbs and sugar. im focusing most of her training on cardio and will slowly shift into lifting as well.

any suggestions on tricks to healthily lose fat as quickly as possible. she is not really concerned about losing muscle mass. thanks!

deeder
03-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Gain some muscle mass, this will make it a lot easier to burn fat. Get her started on the lifting ASAP. If you want more advice, read all the articles Built has written for this site, track down her blog and read everything on there, then if you still have questions, PM Built. :D

Giovanna360
03-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Gain some muscle mass, this will make it a lot easier to burn fat. Get her started on the lifting ASAP. If you want more advice, read all the articles Built has written for this site, track down her blog and read everything on there, then if you still have questions, PM Built. :D

Thanks. Deff will do. She only has time to train 3 times a week for now so im focusing on nutritional changes. Muscle mass does burn fat but shes already a strong girl and does not want more mass. She wants to cut down.

Built
03-23-2008, 10:56 PM
She's not going to gain any muscle mass on a cut.

Ha - that's an understatement. I only gained three pounds of muscle on my last BULK!

Did you take a look at my blog?

Giovanna360
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
She's not going to gain any muscle mass on a cut.

Ha - that's an understatement. I only gained three pounds of muscle on my last BULK!

Did you take a look at my blog?

I did take a look. Lot of useful stuff there. Should I recommend an ECA stack? Any tricks to speed up dietary gains that I should recommend?

Built
03-24-2008, 11:11 AM
www.fitday.com

ECA helps a bit with energy and appetite suppression as the cut progresses, but that's the most you're going to get out of any "fat burner", and EC (don't bother with the "A") is the best of the bunch. Short answer, maybe, but not until the diet and training are in place.

Does she lift?

Built
03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
PS focus the LEAST on cardio. This is something you add in LAST, not first. It burns so few calories it's not even worth considering until deep into the cut where food calories are precious.

I'm not saying "don't do any". A little is good for your heart. Go for a walk with her. But for the most part, consider that exercise burns exactly zero calories - get the diet working for weight loss, and get her lifting for muscle-retention. That's what drives fat loss - not cardio.