PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Men and women diets?

Thotho
03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I've been workingout heavly and eating really healthy with lots of protien and fats and the fat is coming off nicely.

My sister would also like to get into shape and I don't really know much about diets for women. Would it be possilbe for someone to post a good female diet plan if the goal is to lose fat, get toned? She would like to drop about 25lbs Currently 160

Thanks guys and gals :)

Built
03-24-2008, 01:35 PM
The biggest difference from my perspective is carb tolerance: owing to estrogen and progesterone, and of course our lower levels of testosterone, our insulin sensitivity tends to be lower than it is for men - particularly if we're overweight and or on oral contraceptives. This can mean women do better on a mix that's a little higher in fat and protein, and a little lower in carbohydrate, than it is for men. In addition to protecting lean mass, this approach induces more satiety than a higher-carb, lower-fat diet, an important factor to consider when looking to reduce calories.

Toning, of course, is a made-up word and doesn't really mean anything. But I'm sure she wants to drop bodyfat and that means a reducing diet (as mentioned above) and resistance training.

Have her read my blog.