PDA

View Full Version : Im new to all this...

pearlxzildjian
03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
so yea, I'm 6'1 and weigh 350....pretty much all fat, and I just very recently started lifting weights and want to stick to it. I know that just lifting weight wont just make me lose weight and I just need some help getting started because I am so new to this whole thing....My diet isnt that great and was just wanting suggestions on how to improve it.

Bupp
03-25-2008, 06:32 PM
There is lot's of great information on this website/forum. If you want specific feedback on how to improve your diet then you will need to post more information. Try writing down everything you eat for the next couple of days and then post it to this thread so that people can give you advice.

pearlxzildjian
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
ok, thanks

VikingWarlord
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
At 6'1 and 350, all you have to do to start losing is to eat less and move more. You can make huge losses without having to get too complicated.

Bupp
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I agree Viking. At that size all you really need to do is not eat like a pig all the time.

But if he wants advice he needs to say what he is doing now. Maybe he needs to stop drinking 10L of pop everyday or maybe he doesn't drink pop but he has a ton of mcdonalds everyday. Maybe he eats healthy 3-4 days in a row and then goes on a crazy binge. Can't really give him advice unless he tells a bit more about himself.

pearlxzildjian
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
ok, um...i dont really eat too much... we do have snacks which pisses me off cause my parents get them after I ask them not to... anyways

What I drink:
Water (Most of the day)
Diet Dr. Pepper Whenever we dont have water
Milk
Apple Juice (no sugar)

Breakfast:
Depends sometimes I have cereal....sometimes I have biscuits and sausage
just depends on how I feel when I wake up
...btw the following is not what I eat at one time...just some stuff I would eat for breakfast...
Waffles
Cereal w/ milk
Sausage
Fruit
Eggs
Toast (wheat)

Lunch:
Really depends...school is almost over and I usually eat lunch....
When at work...fast food :/ yea.....bad

Dinner:
Weeknights-1 meat, 2 veggies, and bread
Weekends-if im out i have fast food or no food at all
At home-usually like an oven pizza or can of spaghetti

Snacks: :(
Like I said my parents buy this stuff and I tell them not to get it because I know I will still eat it....maybe I should start buying my own groceries.
Cookies
Pringles
Debbie Cakes
Fruit
random ****...

Activity:
I play drums....so I practice at least 2 hours a day...its death metal drumming so yea..its fast
Basic walking nothing real intense just when at work Im outside most of the time picking up stuff and cleaning up the yard.
Just recently started lifting weights with my friends

I was playing video games all day like 10-12 hours a day but dramatically changed that to 1 hour a day. Im on the computer a lot but not for hours at a time.... I just want to be healthy lose weight and look not fat :)...thats just some very basic stuff of my day

pearlxzildjian
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
ok... food consumption for today...

Breakfast:
2 Eggs (scrambled) Salt and pepper
1 piece of dry wheat toast

Lunch:
2 Mcdonalds snack wraps (grilled w/o the tortilla)
Small Fry

Dinner:
1 serving of Black Eyed Peas
4 Meatballs ( plain)
Macaroni Stuff With beef in it
Broccoli and cheese cassarole

Snack:
Piece of pizza
Banana

Drinks:
3 Cans of diet coke
4 bottles of water
1 bottle of crystal light lemonade

thats pretty much it...i think.

Rogue
03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Get rid of the soda and substitute for milk, iced tea, fruit, or vegetable juice...

Eat some sub sandwiches instead of Mcdonald's and get some whey protein powder so you can make some nutri-shakes... Stay away from most saturated fats and eat more fruits and vegetables...