PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

jjk
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I started working out the first of Nov of last year, so almost 5 months now. I'm 31yr old, 6'2" and weigh 230. I haven't worked out since high school. My main reason for lifting is to be strong and healthy. I have a herniated c5 & 6 in my neck, I was scheduled for surgery last year and opted to not do it, I didn't feel good about it. Currently this is the best I've felt in years! The pain in my neck is minimal and much better than before... I'm looking for advice on a weekly workout. I have four days a week to dedicate at about 1hr and half each workout. I'm not very concerned on how I look, I just want to feel good like I feel now. Last saturday I hit 305 on my bench (it was ugly). I started dead lifting the first of this month and I pulled up 420x1 tonight for my final pull. I've been benching twice a week. One of the workouts is a speed workout. I think I've been doing a decent job on my core lifts, but I don't think I know what the hell I'm doing. Suggestions would be nice or even a link or whatever you've got. Thanks

Klotz
03-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Sounds like you more or less know what you're doing. Can you do all the lifts without your neck hurting? I'd do a program with low reps on the big three and higher rep assistance. I'm sure some of the WBB routines work.

jjk
03-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Sounds like you more or less know what you're doing. Can you do all the lifts without your neck hurting? I'd do a program with low reps on the big three and higher rep assistance. I'm sure some of the WBB routines work. So far so good on not hurting my neck, the only time I've hurt my neck is on a strain rep on curls (stupid). I hardly ever do curls. Whats the specifics of the program you do?

Travis Bell
03-25-2008, 10:57 PM
yeah I'd say if you like the results you've gotten thus far, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

maybe set some goals for yourself? since you don't really want to do it for the appearance, set some bench and dead goals?