PDA

View Full Version : websites

PFM8241988
03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
hey so ive been using fitday.com to try and see how many calories im eating and increase them. but i find that site so frustrating to work with. example: today i eat a stromboli, i typed it in, THERE IS NOTHING FOUND. any other sites people use that are easier and more effective? thanks.

Cirino83
03-26-2008, 12:28 PM
A lot of foods I have on my fitday are 'custom.' Just find out how many cals, fats, etc. and add it as a new custom food. You only have to add new things once because they save. So unless you eat different things every day, it shouldn't be a big deal.

But if you want to try a different one there are a bunch. Most are free. Just google it and see what one you like best. I found fitday to be the easiest to figure out....

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
In my opinion, if you aren't plugging your foods individually and customizing things, then you might as well cancel your account.

Sure, the search method can be used when you have no idea of what you are eating from time to time.

But even if you are cooking your own stuff, take the time to plug in the ingredients.

Using fitday is a methd of being "strict" and eating clean, IMO.

If you aren't using it in this fashion, you might as well stop counting calories.

PFM8241988
03-26-2008, 01:00 PM
well the problem is i am at a university, so i dont like get to see how many calories things are usually, its more of a buffet style or a grab food and there is never really any nutritional info on these foods, so idk what to do....

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 01:34 PM
well the problem is i am at a university, so i dont like get to see how many calories things are usually, its more of a buffet style or a grab food and there is never really any nutritional info on these foods, so idk what to do....

If you go with the "clean" foods and things that are not made with alot of ingredients. then you can go to nutritionaldata.com and look things up.

If you aren't cutting and relying heavily on the cooked up foods (such as casserols etc.) I wouldn't stress too much about figuring it out.

Honestly, I would ditch the meal plan and use that money to buy your own food like tuna, etc.

But, if you are going to use a site to try and get an idea of what you are eating, it is likely you will not find something better than fit day.

I used $500 nutrition software at school for projects, and it estimated my calories thousand's over what it should be, according to my individual fitday log-ins.

PFM8241988
03-26-2008, 03:54 PM
yea well, i am trying to add on weight (170 lbs, 6') not cut at all, but i wanna make sure im eating enough cause ive only put on like 10-15 lbs the past yr cause i wasnt eating enough, and i overvalued how much i was eating, thats why i wanted to log it

SMK41
03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Try www.thedailyplate.com they have pretty much everything you will ever eat on there.