PDA

View Full Version : Do you split P+C and P+F meals?

kad
03-26-2008, 08:36 PM
This is mostly for those of you that are into fine-tuning your diet, the macros you eat with each meal, eating nothing but whole foods, preparing all your own meals, etc. Call me obsessive compulsive, I don't care.

Do you split protein+fat and protein+carb meals? I've read a lot of articles about why it's advantageous to split them up (from Berardi for example), but I was just wondering what the WBB community thinks about this.

Built
03-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I mostly do, but it's just out of comfort: it makes it easier to control my appetite.

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I was just wondering what the WBB community thinks about this.

Hard to separate them when you eat Big Macs and Baconators.

BFGUITAR
03-26-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't see the benefit of doing so.

ddegroff
03-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Nope, try to have some kind of protein at each meal. That's about it.

kad
03-27-2008, 12:06 AM

Man, it's been so long since I last had a Baconator. I wonder if the drive through is still open at 1am...

JSully
03-27-2008, 12:20 AM

or triple whoppers..

:drooling:

kad
03-27-2008, 12:40 AM
You guys made me hungry so I just went to the drive through and picked up a baconator combo. :(

At 1:30 am.

When I left there were suddenly 4 cars in the drive through line that I didn't see before. Hah.

Bye bye calorie count for the day.

But they're soooo goooood!

:drooling:

dougyp
05-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I voted yes, but I still feel like it's necessary to include some form of both complex and simple carbs with each meal. For example, in the morning I usually have a protein shake (no carbs), let that digest for an hour, while I drink a pot of coffee and green tea, cook up 6 eggs (4 yolks) with cheese, a plate of veggies (gotta get my fiber) and a half of a banana. Let that settle, go lift (which usually is about 2 1/2 hours) and then have myself another protein shake, this time with oats and blueberries or some kind of fruit. After that, I usually get in about 2-3 CARBLESS meals before bed. However, I don't consider dark chocolate a carb (don't quote me on that :) ). :drooling: mmmm... dark chocolate....