PDA

View Full Version : Anybody done UD2 at a higher bf%

Invain
03-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm definitely going to need another cut this spring and I've always wanted to try UD 2.0. I already have the book and read it through a couple times last summer. I have a month and a half or so once school gets out and before work starts so I figured that'd be a good time to start the diet since I'd have lots of time to focus on it.

I know Lyle recommends the diet for poeple that are already at a decent BF%, like below 15%, but has anybody here tried the diet at a higher bf%? I honestly don't know what I'm at right now, I don't look terrible but I'm bad at judging body fat %'s. I don't really see why anybody couldn't use the diet at a higher bf. I plan on competing sometime in July or August and definitely want to keep as much lbm as possible when cutting.

ray34iyf
03-26-2008, 10:32 PM
The thing with UD is that when you're above 15%, you can easily cut down to that cutoff without the extreme measures. UD is a very unforgiving diet, but if you're willing to suffer, there's no reason it won't work. If everything is fine tuned, expect to lose about 1.5 lb fat a week without any muscle loss. You could get close to that on a regular diet, though, given you're as high as 15%...idk, it's your call.

Slim Schaedle
03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm definitely going to need another cut this spring and I've always wanted to try UD 2.0. I already have the book and read it through a couple times last summer. I have a month and a half or so once school gets out and before work starts so I figured that'd be a good time to start the diet since I'd have lots of time to focus on it.

I know Lyle recommends the diet for poeple that are already at a decent BF%, like below 15%, but has anybody here tried the diet at a higher bf%? I honestly don't know what I'm at right now, I don't look terrible but I'm bad at judging body fat %'s. I don't really see why anybody couldn't use the diet at a higher bf. I plan on competing sometime in July or August and definitely want to keep as much lbm as possible when cutting.

I say do it.

I don't even look at UD2 as cutting anymore.

I mean granted, it is a mega-deficit during the week, but you can really push the calories up on Friday and Saturday without running into trouble.

I'm talking 2,000 calories above maintenance...you will still be below maintenance when looking at the average for the entire week.

I look at it more of recomposition, b/c of what I have gained from it.

What is your weight, %, etc. right now?

markdk86
03-27-2008, 06:29 AM
I wouldn't see a problem doing it. I did it once and went from approximately 16% to 12%. I've been really sloppy and got back to 21% BF and have been debating doing this again. It is torture but I find the diet easy to follow.

Invain
03-27-2008, 07:20 AM
The thing with UD is that when you're above 15%, you can easily cut down to that cutoff without the extreme measures. UD is a very unforgiving diet, but if you're willing to suffer, there's no reason it won't work. If everything is fine tuned, expect to lose about 1.5 lb fat a week without any muscle loss. You could get close to that on a regular diet, though, given you're as high as 15%...idk, it's your call.

I know at a higher bf% I could easily use another diet. I had a pretty successful cut last spring and shed about 30 pounds. I kept all my strenght, but that's because I took the cut really slow. This time around I'd like to speed things up just a little bit and try something different. Seems like everybody that's successfully done UD2 raves about it.

Right now I'm around 210, not quite sure on my bf%. It's really not that bad, but I might be higher than 15%. I'm horrible at guessing though, I might post some pics in a few weeks.

SMK41
03-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Can some one post a link to an article outlining the UD 2.0 diet? I'm looking for some info for my cut in another month or so and I'd like to read about it. Thanks!

Slim Schaedle
03-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Can some one post a link to an article outlining the UD 2.0 diet? I'm looking for some info for my cut in another month or so and I'd like to read about it. Thanks!

www.bodyrecomposition.com

Cirino83
03-27-2008, 08:42 AM

That's my main reason behind bothering with it. I don't want to lose much weight, just bf...obviously. Last Summer I had really good results from doing it for just 6 weeks. I'm roughly at 13-14% bf and going to Vegas in 5 weeks so I am using it until I leave hoping to get to 10% or less.

I say go for it. The first week or so is a bitch to get used to the low cal/carb days and training is horrible if you are not used to working in high rep ranges and sets. After you get used to it, it is a piece of cake though. And like slim said on the carb load night/day you can eat way above maintenance calories and enough carbs to last you until next week

Slim Schaedle
03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
And like slim said on the carb load night/day you can eat way above maintenance calories and enough carbs to last you until next week

I can understand why people say the depletions are hell, but I don't get that at all.

Combine 15-20 rep set sets of some curl-jockey style machine work coming off of a weekend of 2,300+ grams carbs and tell me you don't have fun walking around like an inflatable muscle blimp during the workout, haha.

JSully
03-27-2008, 09:35 AM
I say do it.

I don't even look at UD2 as cutting anymore.

I mean granted, it is a mega-deficit during the week, but you can really push the calories up on Friday and Saturday without running into trouble.

I'm talking 2,000 calories above maintenance...you will still be below maintenance when looking at the average for the entire week.

What is your weight, %, etc. right now?

:withstupi:

I totally agree. It's not for cutting, its a recomposition. I dropped 6% bodyfat and gained 5lbs of LBM in 6 weeks using this method. 225g protein, 50g carb, 60g fat 4 days, then ramp up the cals for fri sat & sun. At one point, I was eating over 10,000kcals between thursday night and all day friday. Yes, TEN THOUSAND kcals. Spaghetti, Mac&Cheese, BOXES of cereal, GALLONS of milk, etc. My stomach hurt so bad but it was so nice to eat so much and still drop 2lbs that week, while watching my bench go up 25lbs in the 6 week course! The diet I'm on right now follows the UD2 but only on the very baseline. It works so well.

Combine 15-20 rep set sets of some curl-jockey style machine work coming off of a weekend of 2,300+ grams carbs and tell me you don't have fun walking around like an inflatable muscle blimp during the workout, haha.

:withstupi: again, lol.. However, those workouts are damn difficult if you do the workout in the afternoon after no carbs all day long. By tuesday's workout you're ready to throw up midway through (if you go balls out like I do). Hell, my last 2 workouts have been hell on me with my low carbs, and I don't even go depletion style. I do about 13sets of 12 with minimal break but I still get the dizzy, lightheaded and nausea.

In any case, I would recommend UD2 for ANY bf%. It takes discipline, but it is well worth it. I have seen far more results on UD2 and with carb cycling than any other straight forward diet. Straight forward calorie deficit diets just do not work for me. They're too monotonous and just take too long. At least with UD2 you're gaining muscle and burning fat simultaneously and you see results every single tuesday, wednesday thursday and saturday morning when you wake up. (although, tuesday wednesday and thursdays results are pretty ****ty because you're depleted and your muscles are flat). Saturday mornings results are f-ing amazing though!!

TopCat
03-27-2008, 09:44 AM

Hate to say it.... but the man speaks the truth!!!

Invain - I'm on the UD2 right now and started at a relatively high bf, definitely at least about 15%. Hoping in a couple weeks to post some before/after pictures. I personally find that with a strict/unforgiving diet I am much better about not making excuses and getting done what I need to.

Some people (like schaedle) are not really bothered by the depletions. I personally think it jut takes time getting use to. That in mind, your first week might be rough. I did what lyle warned against and went straight from bulk to UD2, wasn't the greatest idea. Either way give it a whirl if you want as it will only take you a week to decide if you want to hold off on it until a lower bf %.

Slim Schaedle
03-27-2008, 11:17 AM
And I hate to keep pimping NO products, but for something like UD2 the benefit of off-setting crappy pumps or just feeling like a flat nothing is worth the $20/month for something like Diesel Nutrition's NO Precursor.

jAy_Dub
03-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I bought UD2 a couple years back but never went through with it. In a month its time for me to cut, I might just have to use this as my cutting method instead of my 40/30/30 split I had written up.

From those of you who have used it, what would be a realistic time line to go from a fat 18% down to 8-10?

JSully
03-27-2008, 01:34 PM
I bought UD2 a couple years back but never went through with it. In a month its time for me to cut, I might just have to use this as my cutting method instead of my 40/30/30 split I had written up.

From those of you who have used it, what would be a realistic time line to go from a fat 18% down to 8-10?

10-12 weeks, IMO..

also dependent upon how much you load and what you keep your calories at on the weekends. If you want to gain muscle you increase cals to above maintenance for the weekends. This is the anabolic stage and this is where the recomposition comes in, not to mention, it allows you to cheat a bit more. If you're using it solely to cut and that's it, drop cals 10% under maintenance on saturdays and sundays. You'll cut faster, but will risk not gaining LBM.

jAy_Dub
03-27-2008, 01:54 PM
10-12 weeks, IMO..

also dependent upon how much you load and what you keep your calories at on the weekends. If you want to gain muscle you increase cals to above maintenance for the weekends. This is the anabolic stage and this is where the recomposition comes in, not to mention, it allows you to cheat a bit more. If you're using it solely to cut and that's it, drop cals 10% under maintenance on saturdays and sundays. You'll cut faster, but will risk not gaining LBM.

10-12 weeks?! If I could get down to 12% in that amount of time I'd be amazed let alone under 10.

I'd rather stick to this diet for a longer period of time and try and gain some muscle while I'm cutting then do it for a short period and then start bulking again.

Honestly I'm surprised you gain lbm at all. He talks about it in the book but I never thought it actually would work out that way.

Invain
03-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Does anybody have a UD 2.0 cycle in their journals? Just curious if any of you guys have your diets written down at all so peoplelike me and jay that haven't tried yet could take a look.

jAy_Dub
03-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Check out Jakes journal, Invain. He has his written out in there.

JSully
03-28-2008, 09:33 AM
none of my journals have the UD2 diet cycle, they mostly incorporate Lyle's PSMF. I did the UD2 right before my 1st journal.

oh well.

What I'm on right now is a modified variation of the UD2 that is simpler for me and works just the same. Its in my sig if you want to look at it.

ray34iyf
03-28-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=101829

Check out that thread. Lot of good stuff + I write up my entire cycle in there somewhere.

bjohnso
03-28-2008, 10:05 AM
none of my journals have the UD2 diet cycle, they mostly incorporate Lyle's PSMF. I did the UD2 right before my 1st journal.

oh well.

What I'm on right now is a modified variation of the UD2 that is simpler for me and works just the same. Its in my sig if you want to look at it.

That chart in your sig is badass.

Slim Schaedle
03-28-2008, 10:10 AM

holy crap it is

JSully
03-28-2008, 10:46 AM

holy crap it is

Thanks guys. I've always had a tough time dropping fat so I've gotten really anal about things. I've finally found a way to sync my workouts with my diet. I really like the UD2 but I just can't do full body workouts, I dread them. It's not that they're hard, it's just I don't ENJOY doing them. In order for me to stay consistant in the gym, I must enjoy it. So I extended it UD2 by a day, split the load up over 4 days and that way I can do 3 depletion workouts and 3 tension/power workouts, hitting all muscles twice that week and also giving more time for the anabolic part of the cycle. Weight will probably come off a little slower, but that's ok because I'm building muscle faster than the UD2 also.

We'll see how the results come out.

Here is my training regimen (I just put that in my sig too):::

training_regimen (http://www.geocities.com/xtra0t/diet/fitness_tracking/training_regimen.htm)

I really love these workouts. I did the longest workout (delts/legs/traps/calves/forearms) on wednesday and it took me 65-70 minutes for all of it and I was absolutely crushed. When I start doing cardio in the mornings I'll do my forearms and calves then so that I'm in the gym for an even shorter amount of time for the afternoon workout. The other workouts only take me about 50 minutes to do, not including the 30mins cardio I do.

UD2 rocks, but I found that it needed a little tweaking. If my tweaks don't work, I'll go back to the standard. Keep an eye on my journal to see if they work or not (also in my sig)... and I do love burger king! :)

Slim Schaedle
03-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm carb-loading today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohooooo!

Seriously Jake, I thought I was detail oriented with he little spreadsheet thing I started.....you got me beat by a long shot though.

JSully
03-28-2008, 10:57 AM
yeah, my obsession has progressed over the years.

Slim Schaedle
03-28-2008, 11:06 AM
"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated"

bjohnso
03-28-2008, 11:07 AM
UD2 rocks, but I found that it needed a little tweaking. If my tweaks don't work, I'll go back to the standard. Keep an eye on my journal to see if they work or not (also in my sig)... and I do love burger king! :)

What exactly do you tweak about it? I'm thinking about giving UD2 a shot - the only reason I haven't tried it yet is because I'm questioning my mental fortitude. It may be too extreme for me, and I'm wondering if there is a less extreme version.

Also - and this question is open to anyone - how do you hold up in your career? Does your ability to think clearly affect your job performance? I'm really concerned about that too.

Slim Schaedle
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
how do you hold up in your career? Does your ability to think clearly affect your job performance? I'm really concerned about that too.

I haven't accidently killed anyone yet.

Cirino83
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm carb-loading today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woohooooo!

me too! It was unbelievably fun and delicious last night....and even this morning but now I'm bloated and feel like I have to **** every hour and I'm only at about 700 carbs. I still need another 7-800 more :fart:

mmmm pasta :drooling:

JSully
03-28-2008, 11:58 AM
What exactly do you tweak about it? I'm thinking about giving UD2 a shot - the only reason I haven't tried it yet is because I'm questioning my mental fortitude. It may be too extreme for me, and I'm wondering if there is a less extreme version.

Also - and this question is open to anyone - how do you hold up in your career? Does your ability to think clearly affect your job performance? I'm really concerned about that too.

UD2 is a FANTASTIC diet, don't get me wrong. For me, PERSONALLY, I needed something a tad bit different.

I'll give you a brief outline of UD2:::

Diet
Monday::: 1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat
Tuesday::: 1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat
Wednesday::: 1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat
Thursday::: 3/4 of (1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat), begin carb load postworkout
Friday::: bodyweight times 7-8g for carbs, same protein, same fat
Saturday::: maintenance cals, 10% above, 10% below, depending upon goals
Sunday::: maintenance cals, 10% above, 10% below, depending upon goals

Workouts
Monday::: depletion workout, chest/tris/shoulders, 12 sets of 15-20 reps per bodypart, no more than 60 seconds rest + cardio
Tuesday::: depletion workout, legs/back/bis, 12 sets of 15-20 reps per bodypart, no more than 60 seconds rest + cardio
Wednesday::: off day, cardio recommended
Thursday::: tension workout, full body, 6-8 sets of 6-8 reps per bodypart + cardio in am (if pm workout)
Friday::: off aka, feel like bloated **** all day
Saturday::: power workout, full body, 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps per bodypart
Sunday::: off (pm cardio)

Carb Load
Consists of 7-8 times your bodyweight in carbs. Now, this may seem easy, but you need to avoid sugars and you also need to keep your protein at 1g/lb of LBM and fat approx 50g. This is very easy to do with cheerios, skim milk, and FMV (yes ghetto cheap FMV) mac&cheese...

Now, for a larger person like myself (plus on creatine which will allow for greater supercompensation), 265x 8= 2120g carbs = 8480 cals JUST in carbs. Plus 225g protein = 900 cals.. plus 50g fat = 450cals... total = 9830cals in 24 hours. That hurts so much. I have to **** so much. I'm bloated all day. Its just ridiculous and tiresome. Not to mention work performance. I can be doing absolutely fantastic at work during the carb depleted state, because of how much your blood sugar spikes every 2 hours on the refeed, I just can't stay focused, let alone awake most of the day. Its just not doable in my opinion.

Now, for the workouts. I don't mind the glycogend depletion workouts, but the full body tension and power workouts are bull**** in my opinion. I hate working my entire body in one session. I like to focus on groups and focus on the contraction. After 4 bodyparts, you can give a **** less about the contraction and performance.. you're just trying to move weights to get out of the gym.

Now.. my tweaked UD2 is an 8 day rotation, no 7 day. I'll use #'s for days instead of actual monday tuesday etc.. Mind you, this is for me and my slow ass metabolism and insulin resitance...

Diet
Day1 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day2 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day3 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day4 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day5 = 1.1g/lb protein, 1.25g/lb carbs, ~75g fat = low carb
Day6 = 1.1g/lb protein, 1.25g/lb carbs, ~75g fat = low carb
Day7 = 1g/lb protein, .8g/lb carbs, ~65g fat = med carb
Day8 = 1g/lb protein, .8g/lb carbs, ~65g fat = med carb

total carb recompensation = ~1080g carbs.. not 7-8g/lb, but good enough since it's over a longer period of time. The shorter period allows you to throw more in there, IMO.

Workout
Day1 = chest/biceps/traps/forearms + cardio - glycogen depletion, 12 sets per bodypart, 12-15 reps
Day2 = back/triceps/calves + cardio - glycogen depletion, 12 sets per bodypart, 12-15 reps
Day3 = legs/calves/traps/forearms/delts + cardio - glycogen depletion, 12 sets per bodypart, 12-15 reps
Day4 = off
Day5 = chest/biceps/traps/forearms + cardio - tension/strength workout, 12 sets per bodypart, 6-8 reps
Day6 = back/triceps/calves + cardio - tension/strength workout, 12 sets per bodypart, 6-8 reps
Day7 = legs/calves/traps/forearms/delts + cardio - tension/strength workout, 12 sets per bodypart, 6-8 reps
Day8 = off

I don't worry about full recompensation because I"m still getting thrown right back into anabolism anyways. I dont' want too high of carbs because I am highly insulin resistant, I get fat so ****ing easy it's ridiculous. If I were to have one of my friends try this diet, I would probably up the carbs for them to about 1.5 or 1.75g/lb for the high carb days and 1-1.25g/lb carbs for the medium carb days.

Im not bashing UD2 one bit, I really like the diet. I wanted to change some things around to suit my needs and wants better and all seems to be well so far. Like I said, if it fails, I will go back to UD2, otherwise I'll stick with this. It all looks good on paper, its the implementation that's what counts. I'll be tracking my progress to a T!

Hope the comparison helped a lilttle since you asked what the difference between mine and UD2 is.

bjohnso
03-28-2008, 12:21 PM
UD2 is a FANTASTIC diet, don't get me wrong. For me, PERSONALLY, I needed something a tad bit different.

I'll give you a brief outline of UD2:::

Diet
Monday::: 1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat
Tuesday::: 1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat
Wednesday::: 1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat
Thursday::: 3/4 of (1g/lb LBM protein, <75g carbs, ~50g fat), begin carb load postworkout
Friday::: bodyweight times 7-8g for carbs, same protein, same fat
Saturday::: maintenance cals, 10% above, 10% below, depending upon goals
Sunday::: maintenance cals, 10% above, 10% below, depending upon goals

Workouts
Monday::: depletion workout, chest/tris/shoulders, 12 sets of 15-20 reps per bodypart, no more than 60 seconds rest + cardio
Tuesday::: depletion workout, legs/back/bis, 12 sets of 15-20 reps per bodypart, no more than 60 seconds rest + cardio
Wednesday::: off day, cardio recommended
Thursday::: tension workout, full body, 6-8 sets of 6-8 reps per bodypart + cardio in am (if pm workout)
Friday::: off aka, feel like bloated **** all day
Saturday::: power workout, full body, 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps per bodypart
Sunday::: off (pm cardio)

Carb Load
Consists of 7-8 times your bodyweight in carbs. Now, this may seem easy, but you need to avoid sugars and you also need to keep your protein at 1g/lb of LBM and fat approx 50g. This is very easy to do with cheerios, skim milk, and FMV (yes ghetto cheap FMV) mac&cheese...

Now, for a larger person like myself (plus on creatine which will allow for greater supercompensation), 265x 8= 2120g carbs = 8480 cals JUST in carbs. Plus 225g protein = 900 cals.. plus 50g fat = 450cals... total = 9830cals in 24 hours. That hurts so much. I have to **** so much. I'm bloated all day. Its just ridiculous and tiresome. Not to mention work performance. I can be doing absolutely fantastic at work during the carb depleted state, because of how much your blood sugar spikes every 2 hours on the refeed, I just can't stay focused, let alone awake most of the day. Its just not doable in my opinion.

Now, for the workouts. I don't mind the glycogend depletion workouts, but the full body tension and power workouts are bull**** in my opinion. I hate working my entire body in one session. I like to focus on groups and focus on the contraction. After 4 bodyparts, you can give a **** less about the contraction and performance.. you're just trying to move weights to get out of the gym.

Now.. my tweaked UD2 is an 8 day rotation, no 7 day. I'll use #'s for days instead of actual monday tuesday etc.. Mind you, this is for me and my slow ass metabolism and insulin resitance...

Diet
Day1 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day2 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day3 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day4 = 1g/lb protein, <60g carbs, ~65g fat = low carb
Day5 = 1.1g/lb protein, 1.25g/lb carbs, ~75g fat = low carb
Day6 = 1.1g/lb protein, 1.25g/lb carbs, ~75g fat = low carb
Day7 = 1g/lb protein, .8g/lb carbs, ~65g fat = med carb
Day8 = 1g/lb protein, .8g/lb carbs, ~65g fat = med carb

total carb recompensation = ~1080g carbs.. not 7-8g/lb, but good enough since it's over a longer period of time. The shorter period allows you to throw more in there, IMO.

Workout
Day1 = chest/biceps/traps/forearms + cardio - glycogen depletion, 12 sets per bodypart, 12-15 reps
Day2 = back/triceps/calves + cardio - glycogen depletion, 12 sets per bodypart, 12-15 reps
Day3 = legs/calves/traps/forearms/delts + cardio - glycogen depletion, 12 sets per bodypart, 12-15 reps
Day4 = off
Day5 = chest/biceps/traps/forearms + cardio - tension/strength workout, 12 sets per bodypart, 6-8 reps
Day6 = back/triceps/calves + cardio - tension/strength workout, 12 sets per bodypart, 6-8 reps
Day7 = legs/calves/traps/forearms/delts + cardio - tension/strength workout, 12 sets per bodypart, 6-8 reps
Day8 = off

I don't worry about full recompensation because I"m still getting thrown right back into anabolism anyways. I dont' want too high of carbs because I am highly insulin resistant, I get fat so ****ing easy it's ridiculous. If I were to have one of my friends try this diet, I would probably up the carbs for them to about 1.5 or 1.75g/lb for the high carb days and 1-1.25g/lb carbs for the medium carb days.

Im not bashing UD2 one bit, I really like the diet. I wanted to change some things around to suit my needs and wants better and all seems to be well so far. Like I said, if it fails, I will go back to UD2, otherwise I'll stick with this. It all looks good on paper, its the implementation that's what counts. I'll be tracking my progress to a T!

Hope the comparison helped a lilttle since you asked what the difference between mine and UD2 is.

Thanks dude. I'm seriously considering doing this. I just don't know if I'll have the guts to stick with it.

JSully
03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Hmm.... I probably shouldn't have outlined the UD2 since you need to purchase it... however, this outline consists of only the very basic guidelines that are discussed on Lyle's forums. There are many details you can find in the book that I did not cover, as well as some variations Lyle has come up with. I would seriously encourage anyone to purchase the book and read it.

bjohnso
03-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I'll probably order the book on monday or tuesday - if you want to delete that post (you afraid you're going to get sued or someting? hehe)

ddegroff
03-28-2008, 02:11 PM
"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated"

That's sig worthy right there. Mind if I add it to mine?

This is another great thread on UD2. I had great results on it two years ago. Been meaning to get it started again. I'm working on a way to do UD2 with CF WOD.

Slim Schaedle
03-28-2008, 02:24 PM
That's sig worthy right there. Mind if I add it to mine?

This is another great thread on UD2. I had great results on it two years ago. Been meaning to get it started again. I'm working on a way to do UD2 with CF WOD.

Go for it bro :)

jAy_Dub
03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I didnt realize the workouts were full body... I have the e-book but dont know where its at right now and am too lazy to check but does Lyle have any other routines for people who dont want to do the full body? Only reason I ask is because I dont know **** about glycogen depletion workouts and wouldnt know exactly how to create my own.

bjohnso
03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I didnt realize the workouts were full body... I have the e-book but dont know where its at right now and am too lazy to check but does Lyle have any other routines for people who dont want to do the full body? Only reason I ask is because I dont know **** about glycogen depletion workouts and wouldnt know exactly how to create my own.

Check out LittleJake's post, he does a split.

JSully
03-28-2008, 03:53 PM
It originally calls for 2 full body glycogen depletion workouts on monday and tuesday, consisting of 6 sets per body part for sets of 15-20 reps.

**** that!!

I broke it up to chest/tris/shoulders @ 12 sets per body part with 15-20 reps and 45-60seconds rest for Monday..
and legs/back/bis @ 12 sets per bodypart with 15-20 reps and 45-60 seconds rest for Tuesday..

I still say **** that, it's too much for one day. I don't like being there that long. I like my 3 day on, 1 day off split. Much more convenient and I actually feel like I'm working on improving the muscle, not just doing **** to do it and hope it works.

markdk86
03-29-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm embarking on the journey starting next monday. I don't care if my BF is higher than the last time I did it, I love this diet :D

Invain
03-29-2008, 05:43 PM
You gonna track everything in a journal or something mark?

markdk86
03-30-2008, 08:15 AM
I might. I'm pretty lazy but I will try to get around to it.

Cirino83
04-08-2008, 08:33 AM
what do you guys eat for breakfast on the low cal/carb days. I'm getting sick of boiled eggs + protein shakes.

Slim Schaedle
04-08-2008, 09:41 AM
No breakfast here

Invain
04-08-2008, 09:56 AM
No breakfast here

:eek:

Slim Schaedle
04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Actually, I went the whole day without eating a thing until about 12pm last night.

Just testing I.F.

beaverfootball
04-27-2008, 10:52 PM
i know this thread is kind of old... but do you guys use caffiene, etc. when on UD? i got the ebook and i'm thinking of starting on tuesday or next tuesday.

ryuage
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
you can if you want

Slim Schaedle
04-27-2008, 11:43 PM
i know this thread is kind of old... but do you guys use caffiene, etc. when on UD? i got the ebook and i'm thinking of starting on tuesday or next tuesday.

I would never even think about doing it without alot of caffeine and ephedrine.

ryuage
04-27-2008, 11:57 PM
he does recommend not to take the e during the carb load though