PDA

View Full Version : Young Man and Weightlifting

LilAndo
03-27-2008, 03:11 AM
Hello all

New to these forums and I think they are awsome

My name is Jason, Im 15 and still at school
I am right into weightlifting and sports , Weigh in at 80kg and my 1 rep max bench is 85kg

I would like some peoples inputs on diferent protein, Creatine , energy mixes

After school I head down to the local gym and I am finding I just dont have the energy to be doing anything worth while

I am busy with weights and football training 6 days a week and just can't find the energy no matter what I eat or what time I go to bed

My coaches don't seem to know much about nutrition and they have been no help

both my older brothers are using protein powder and tablets with a label which reads "naturaly occuring steroidal saponins for athletes and bodybuilders who need to maintain peak physical condition"

I am hoping to build strength and add weight to my bench press

any input is usefull as I do not know much
many thanks in advance

Jason

Fuzzy
03-27-2008, 06:19 AM
Give us a better break down of your training regime and we can start somewhere.

Stop caring so much about the bench press, and start squatting.

LilAndo
03-27-2008, 10:50 PM
I was thinking of getting more into sqauts

Mon: gym
Tue: gym
Wed: rugby league training
Thur: gym
Fri: Training
Sat: game day

I don't have set workouts as of yet
I decide when i get to the gym
based on what muscle groups i have done on past days

maybe i need some kind of plan?
any ideas?

But I am more passionate about bench press
as my father has taught me about it and my brother is setting Australian records

All advice is helpfull
Thank you
Jason

BFGUITAR
03-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Well if he is setting records learn from him. If he is setting records as you say chances are he squats.

Fuzzy
03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Monday, lower
Tuesday, upper
Thrusday, both

LilAndo
03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
he sets bench records only

but the question i have is about diferent powders and mixes
not techniques or forms of weightlifting

thank you Fuzz for your input also

Fuzzy
03-28-2008, 12:59 AM
he sets bench records only

but the question i have is about diferent powders and mixes
not techniques or forms of weightlifting

thank you Fuzz for your input also

Put it this way.... I have taken an occasional shke for laughs, butbeyond that no suppliments. YOu do not need suppliments. You need to eat, and you need to squat.

and you need to realise that the bench press is not a very useful lift, its become the staple becasue it is idiot proof.

You will gain jack **** if you do no train right and eat right, suppliments wont make much of an impact.

deeder
03-28-2008, 01:26 AM
Put it this way.... I have taken an occasional shke for laughs, butbeyond that no suppliments. YOu do not need suppliments. You need to eat, and you need to squat.

and you need to realise that the bench press is not a very useful lift, its become the staple becasue it is idiot proof.

You will gain jack **** if you do no train right and eat right, suppliments wont make much of an impact.

I think it was Captain Kirk that said in Power Unlimited (A 'documentary' on powerlifting):

Bench pressing is like soccer. It's popular because everyone can do it! Now squatting.. What the hell is wrong with squatting?

Paraphrased obviously... I can't remember exactly how it goes!

Runty
03-28-2008, 02:20 AM
Once you get squats going too, I'd say add in some power cleans. Much better carry over to most field/court sports. Especially compared to benching ;)

BFGUITAR
03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I never said anything about setting squat records, im sure he does squats and deadlifts.

fpr
03-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Your lack of energy may be because you're just doing too much and not letting your body recooperate. Think about it, 8 hours of school is already hell as it is! And you're probably getting up at 6 am and are participating in a sport almost 7 days a week. Most people on these boards lift 3-5 days a week. Personally, I go 4-5, anything less and I feel weak next time I go to lift.

bjohnso
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM

It's definitely not idiot-proof. LOL!

BFGUITAR
03-28-2008, 02:44 PM
It's definitely not idiot-proof. LOL!

More idiot proof than squatting or deadlifting.

LilAndo
03-28-2008, 09:26 PM
it's idiot proof
maybe not D##K head proof

there is a teacher at my school i might have to ask him about sqautting
it's just not something i know much about

thanks all
Jason