PDA

View Full Version : Blue Collar Log

SGT ROCK
03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I will be keeping a log, mostly of my DL workouts and squats once my quad and knee heal. I tore a quad last week of feb and hurt my knee at the Arnold, my MRI results should be in tomorrow.

Tested out my leg today regardless....decided to do rackpulls on pin 2 so as not to totally stress the quad and knee

RACKPULLS PIN 2, SMOOTH BAR AND HOOK GRIP
135X5
225X3
315X1
405X1
495X1
ADD BELT AND CHALK
585X1
675X2 EASY.....weights started sliding off...cheap ass collars, wanted to do five reps and could have
775 stoned me....this time
Next time on racks im going to go down to pin one, and do 685 3x5 with the hook, then hit a 775.

DB ROWS 105 3X7

FRONT LAT PULLS 3X7 UP TO 250

DB SHRUGS 145X20 AND 105X20 NO STRAPS...ON ANYTHING...EVER

45 DEGREE BACK RAISE 4X20

WT ABS 3X20

Very pleased with this workout. Each week I will increase volume and weight until I get to 705x5 on pin one, db rows with the 200's or whatever the gym has, db shrugs with Cutlers DBs. I also will hit a 725 raw pull off the floor with the hook before I add the suit and gear.

Semper Fi

Ben Moore
03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Rock what is your normal progression on the pin pulls?

Invain
03-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Sick. I'd be scared ****less of trying to pull anything liked that after having torn a quad. I know it's deads, but there's still a good amount of stress on the legs.

What's the heaviest you've ever pulled, before your injury?

chris mason
03-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Brent, I will pay close attention to this log. I have a lot of interest in what you do as we are similar in a lot of ways.

SGT ROCK
03-28-2008, 06:09 AM
My best pulls are yet to come, thus far my best contest pulls are 733@220 and 765@229. I am going to bust through the 804 barrier if I can ever stay healthy lol.

My normal progression on pin pulls is to get up to a max quick, in as few weeks as possible. Then break my best max triple or max single.

Yes Chris we do have alot in common. I have ALOT of new things I am trying this cycle. I plan on going balls out right up until November, PERHAPS one stop in the middle.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
03-29-2008, 08:37 PM
For my current training, I am doing a 3 week cycle for the pull. Something like this:

RACKS PIN 1 MAX TRIPLE AND THEN ALL OUT MAX

SPEED PULLS AGAINST MONSTER MINIS, WHILE STANDING ON A PLATE
7 SINGLES WITH 50 PERCENT OF GOAL WEIGHT, ADD 100 LBS FOR A SINGLE
THEN 2X5-7 SLDL ALSO AGAINST BANDS

GMS HEAVY FIVES AND HEAVY BENT ROWS

REPEAT

On squat day I am just coming back so its hard for me to guess my volume as I have yet to get my MRI results back. Right now I am doing high bar close stance squats for 5x10. Ultimately I am going to do some box squats for 11x2 with briefs on this day, along with an ocassional 5x5 or 5x3 heavier squat as well.

Assistance on these day is heavy upper back, 45 degree back raises, pull thrus etc, mixing it up. Always heavy ab work, and calves.

Semper Fi

BPM Osgood
04-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Bro, Maybe I just over read it... But... any Stiff Leg Work? Train Hard Brother, 8 Bills is something you will hit if it all comes together, now its game time, bring on the weight cause us here at home got your Back Brother! Go and get WHATS YOURS!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I will be keeping a log, mostly of my DL workouts and squats once my quad and knee heal. I tore a quad last week of feb and hurt my knee at the Arnold, my MRI results should be in tomorrow.
Semper Fi

I must have missed you at the Animal Cage? I did the bench press for reps.

I hope you heal up asap.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Addison K.
04-01-2008, 06:45 PM
For my current training, I am doing a 3 week cycle for the pull. Something like this:

RACKS PIN 1 MAX TRIPLE AND THEN ALL OUT MAX

SPEED PULLS AGAINST MONSTER MINIS, WHILE STANDING ON A PLATE
7 SINGLES WITH 50 PERCENT OF GOAL WEIGHT, ADD 100 LBS FOR A SINGLE
THEN 2X5-7 SLDL ALSO AGAINST BANDS

GMS HEAVY FIVES AND HEAVY BENT ROWS

REPEAT

On squat day I am just coming back so its hard for me to guess my volume as I have yet to get my MRI results back. Right now I am doing high bar close stance squats for 5x10. Ultimately I am going to do some box squats for 11x2 with briefs on this day, along with an ocassional 5x5 or 5x3 heavier squat as well.

Assistance on these day is heavy upper back, 45 degree back raises, pull thrus etc, mixing it up. Always heavy ab work, and calves.

Semper Fi

SGT. ROCK,

When you perform good mornings, do you employ a straight-leg or bent-leg form?

Addison K.

SGT ROCK
04-02-2008, 05:49 PM
On GMS I prefer the almost stiff leg version, closer stance bar high on neck. Much better low back involvement.

Semper Fi

Addison K.
04-02-2008, 10:36 PM
On GMS I prefer the almost stiff leg version, closer stance bar high on neck. Much better low back involvement.

Semper Fi

It's interesting you feel straight-leg GMs more in your low back because when I started do them recently they have torn up my hamstrings.

Do you ever do wide-stance or arch-back GMs?

In His Name,

Addison K.

SGT ROCK
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Bro the bar placement is JUST as important as the feet placement. Try it and you will see.....its all about levers and leverages. I have done all versions of GMS that I can think of except seated. If I am way off season, at times I will keep the bar low, and put the bar in the power rack at parallel, and go very heavy. I learned these from JM. The high bar version hits the low back trememdously, and I get alot of hamstring involvement as well.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Bro, Maybe I just over read it... But... any Stiff Leg Work? Train Hard Brother, 8 Bills is something you will hit if it all comes together, now its game time, bring on the weight cause us here at home got your Back Brother! Go and get WHATS YOURS!

Hey bro! I am doing SLDL with bands on speed day and reg SLDL on another day. I have changed the cycle a bit to this:

RACK PULLS

SPEED PULLS AGAINST BANDS AND SLDL BAND PULLS

GMS

REG DL AND SLDL

REPEAT

See you soon brother!

Semper Fi

Addison K.
04-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Bro the bar placement is JUST as important as the feet placement. Try it and you will see.....its all about levers and leverages. I have done all versions of GMS that I can think of except seated. If I am way off season, at times I will keep the bar low, and put the bar in the power rack at parallel, and go very heavy. I learned these from JM. The high bar version hits the low back trememdously, and I get alot of hamstring involvement as well.

Semper Fi

I'll vary my bar placement and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice.

In His Name,

Addison K.

ZenMonkey
04-03-2008, 08:55 AM
shouldn't this be in the journals section?

SGT ROCK
04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
So today was my first pulls off the deck since my injury, so I was anxious to test it out. As far as my MRI goes, I have an appt with an Ortho on April 30 so finally I should get my results then.

PULLS OFF JUMP STRETCH PLATFORM, NO BELT, HOOK GRIP

First set I tried the green bands, too much pressure, not enough speed

Second set minis doubled, same result

Next 5 sets with mini bands, perfect.

Next time I may drop bar weight 90lbs and use the greens.

SLDL with bands 2x7

I was already spent, little hip pain, a bit of knee pain.

MACHINE ROWS 5X10

LAT PULLS 5X10

DB SHRUGS WITH HOOK GRIP 2X20

45 DEGREE BACK 2X10

INCLINE SIT UPS 2X25

Will increase volume each week.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-08-2008, 01:12 AM
I havent been able to do leg ext in years due to my knee issues. I tried them with VERY light weights today and got through it, praise God for that! I did some leg curls as well as I have to find a way to get my leg strength up without squatting until I start rehab via my ortho surgeon. I did some nice upper back work today as well. I am enjoying training despite my current injuries...NOTE......TAKE WHATEVER HAND YOUR DEALT AND RUN WITH IT..THERE IS ALWAYS POSITIVE ENERGY IN EVERYTHING IF YOU JUST SEARCH!

Semper Fi

Addison K.
04-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I havent been able to do leg ext in years due to my knee issues. I tried them with VERY light weights today and got through it, praise God for that! I did some leg curls as well as I have to find a way to get my leg strength up without squatting until I start rehab via my ortho surgeon. I did some nice upper back work today as well. I am enjoying training despite my current injuries...NOTE......TAKE WHATEVER HAND YOUR DEALT AND RUN WITH IT..THERE IS ALWAYS POSITIVE ENERGY IN EVERYTHING IF YOU JUST SEARCH!

Semper Fi

Do you find leg extensions help your squat?

It's great to see your positive outlook is helping in your recovery process.

IHN,

Addison K.

SGT ROCK
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Leg extensions are far from the best assistance excercise, but you have to use whatever weapons are in your arsenal so to speak. Weak quads can certainly be helped by leg extensions.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-15-2008, 01:30 AM
I tested out the quad again, am still nervous about it as I dont have the MRI results back yet. So I was a bit cautious, it went like this:

LEG EXT 4X25
LEX CURLS 4X10
CALVES 4X25

I thought I would get plenty warmed up before I squatted:

135 2x10

I went really deep, with just a bit of knee pain, but MOST importantly the hip felt great, so its really coming along very well.

T BAR ROWS 3X7
LAT PULLS 3X7
DB SHRUGS 2 HEAVY SETS
WT ABS 3X12

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Upper body work today, trained at night so as to avoid the crowd. Im going to do a standard 8 week cycle of singles to get my dl back up before I really start cracking it, after much thought. Its a very tough cycle, one that really killed me last time I did it, but I did have my best EVER pull a few months after doing it. Not that the routine itself was the cause for the PR, but it put me in a good position for a peak and gave me a SOLID base. It starts with 15 singles with 70 percent, I know Louie advocates this for a lifter built to pull. Im also going to be doing SLDL in the same week, I dont reccomend it for everyone. Once my hip gets healed fully im going to do some SSB squats on sundays, then my major pulling day on thursdays. So tomorrow I start the marathon sessions, I will document it all here. I hope to end up with a personal best raw pull, with the hook grip as well. The goal of workouts like this is to have the 15th single look as fast as the first. For those that have done this routine, you know it would almost as easy to do one set of 15 as opposed to 15 singles with the light weight. My forearms got fried last time doing these, im looking forward to it very much. Bring on the pain.

I have decided to limit the assistance, as after the pulls you feel like laying on the floor and or puking.

So the routine, on any given day, could look like this:

15 singles raw, hook grip, one minute rest, no belt

quick rest

Front Lat pulls

Tbar rows, db rows, or machine rows

db shrugs one drop set

wt abs supersetted with
45 degree back raises with weight, 3 supersets

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-17-2008, 07:15 PM
All pulls hook grip, in tennis shoes, no belt.

135x3
225x2
315x2
405x1

500 for fifteen singles, with less than one minute rest, yes 15x1

I was about ready to take a nap but did the following:

Front lat pulls 3x10

Machine rows 3x7

Db shrugs 2 drop sets

45 degree back supersetted with incline sit ups 2 sets

4 200 foot trips with the weighted sled

Good workout today.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Man I almost forgot what its like to train legs so hard that you really want to puke. I used to think it was cool...but now I think of all the wasted calories etc, its really not a great thing.

LEG EXTENSIONS 3X25 WITH SQUEEZE AT TOP, MINIMAL REST

LEG CURLS 3X10

CALVES 3X15

SQUATS DONE LIGHT, BUT DEEP 3X10 MINIMAL PAIN...IM PRETTY EXCITED AND THANKFUL

ABS ONE SET, puke coming up...could taste it

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-23-2008, 01:56 AM
http://media.putfile.com/SGT-Rocks-600x10-Deadlift-at-NERB

Someone asked me for a link to the lifts I did at the NERB raw show. Keep in mind...I realize it was a LONG ASS SET....I did eventually get ten reps lol. After 9 reps I was spent, but my friend Schoony said some words to me ( I cannot repeat them lol) and I came back for a tenth. I realize it wasnt a "true" set of ten but it was fun, and the crowd was awesome, notice THE KAZ on the mike! To answer the other questions I was asked...I was wearing a singlet, I used the hook grip, I did EVENTUALLY get ten reps lol, and each rep was deadstop. I weighed about 229 or so as I recall. I had a great time at the show. I get SO MUCH MORE using a TIGHT, TIGHT TIGHT Fusion suit as opposed to raw. I am doing a mini cycle coming up and am going to get some time in my gear in the off season. I definitely reccomend putting your gear on from time to time in the off season to gage your progress and to keep perfecting your groove. There were some great lifters at that show, but please don't get me wrong, I LOVE TO WEAR GEAR! Tighter the better.

Semper FI

ericg
04-23-2008, 10:34 AM
I just have to say that I met you last year at the Planet Fitness in Lewiston, you noticed my At Large shirt. Cool stuff!

I didnt realize you had a journal, I need to swing by this site more often! Time to catch up...

ABN_Ranger
04-23-2008, 01:04 PM
DB SHRUGS 145X20 AND 105X20 NO STRAPS...ON ANYTHING...EVER

Semper Fi

BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

SGT ROCK
04-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I just have to say that I met you last year at the Planet Fitness in Lewiston, you noticed my At Large shirt. Cool stuff!

I didnt realize you had a journal, I need to swing by this site more often! Time to catch up...

I remember you bro! How is Maine? I miss it...but not the snow or the rules of that particular gym lol!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-23-2008, 03:48 PM
BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Hey thanks bro! Next time I do heavy db shrugs Im going to try and go to the Golds with Cutlers super heavy dbs and give them a ride...will keep ya posted.

Semper Fi

ericg
04-24-2008, 05:37 AM
I remember you bro! How is Maine? I miss it...but not the snow or the rules of that particular gym lol!

Semper Fi

Maine hasnt changed. The snow has finally melted though!! I hear ya about that gym haha. I sneak in chalk all the time and no one said a thing to me yet. So far it hasnt been bad to me, plus they are cheap and NO ONE uses the rack!

How are the injuries coming along?

Where are you living now? Coming back to Maine any time soon?

SGT ROCK
04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Im in Sin City bro! I will be visiting Maine in June or July for sure, and will be doing my training at Austins gym and at Damians Dungeon.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Today...a reminder...of the scars of battle...and where I have been.

Started on BB incline, decided to go merely ONE INCH WIDER on each side, maybe less...felt the HORRIFIC reminder of my latest pec tear...that was enough to take it easy, as in lightening up just a bit.

BB INC 2X10 AND 3X3

MACHINE PRESS 3X10

DB INC 3X10

BB SKULLCRUSH SUPERSET WITH BB CURL
95X10 115X7 135X7 on both SKULLIES AND CURLS

Semper Fi

chris mason
04-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Today...a reminder...of the scars of battle...and where I have been.

Started on BB incline, decided to go merely ONE INCH WIDER on each side, maybe less...felt the HORRIFIC reminder of my latest pec tear...that was enough to take it easy, as in lightening up just a bit.

BB INC 2X10 AND 3X3

MACHINE PRESS 3X10

DB INC 3X10

BB SKULLCRUSH SUPERSET WITH BB CURL
95X10 115X7 135X7 on both SKULLIES AND CURLS

Semper Fi

Not good! Everything is ok?

SGT ROCK
04-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Oh I am good bro....it was a reminder I need to stick with a close grip (for my long ass arms lol) on presses, nothing closer than about 27 inches or so. It "tweaked" just a bit....no damage, but a reminder. Having torn BOTH of them I have a good feel now for how much to push it. The first tear was so bad and violent, I had a slight tear of my BICEP along with it, and I can feel the bicep twinge if I push the benches too hard."

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM
The journey back from injury continues. I was going to do week two of my mini DL cycle today, 525 for twelve singles, one minute rest, no belt, hook grip, but my hip is spent from last week...but guess what? No worries! Adapt and overcome, I will pull off the deck every other week, and on alternate weeks either racks of GMS, problem solved.

So I took it easy on the hip today, I will be light squatting on monday and back pulling again thursday!

DLs raw, hook up to 405, saving it.....

TBARS 3X10

FRONT LAT PULLS 3X7

REAR 2X7

WT ABS 3X20

Semper Fi

I am going to hit a 725 raw with the hook before I add gear this off season. My bodyweight is hanging at a very lean 228 or so.

SGT ROCK
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
DB SHOULDER PRESS 3X10

CABLE SIDE RAISE 3X12

FRONT RAISE 3X7

DIP MACHINE 3X12 HEAVY

HAMMER STRENGTH SCOTT CURL MACHINE 3X12

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
My new split, due to work schedule will be the following for at least a little while:

TUESDAY SQUATS AND LIGHT BACK

WED BENCH AND ARMS

FRIDAY HEAVY DEADS AND HEAVY BACK

SAT DELTS AND LIGHT ARMS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I have my MRI results tomorrow, appt with my Ortho surgeon so I will keep you guys posted. I did not want to blow out the hip or knee anymore so I didnt go super heavy, but got a good workout in nonetheless. I always wonder, if people knew what went through my head before a set, as I stare through the wall, ipod blaring......its like I am not even in the gym, I am all alone, with just that weight....I wonder if they know what I think....if they truly did...would they stay in the room?

LEG EXT 4X25

LEG CURL 3X10

CALVES 3X15

LEG UPS 3X12

WT 45 DEGREE BACK 3X12

SQUATS 3X10 DEEP, LIGHT

LAT PULLS 3X7

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
BB INCLINE 2X10 AND 2X5

DB INCLINE 3X10

MACHINE PRESS 3X10

SKULLCRUSH AND STRAIGHT BAR CURL SUPERSET
95X10
115X10
135X7 ON CURLS ONLY DID 4 REPS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-02-2008, 08:01 PM
BODYWEIGHT 227 LEAN!

I didn't have access to our wooden blocks to pull off, so I used two 25kg bumper plates, approximately 4 inches total, as opposed to rack pulls I much prefer these

Hook grip, no belt

135x3
225x1
315x1
405x1
495x1
add belt
675x1
725x1
I was happy with this, it was DEF a strain, but all things considered, it put me right on track for where I want to be. The lift was clean but slow, I held it at the top for 4-5 seconds.

FRONT LAT PULLS 3X7

MACHINE ROWS 3X10

45 DEGREE BACK RAISE 35LBS FOR 3X10

WT AB MACHINE 3X12

DB SHRUGS, HEAVIEST SET I COULD FIND AT THE SANDHILL GOLDS FOR 20 REPS, THEN RIGHT AFTER 100X20

All in all I am happy with this workout. No HUGE pain in the quad or knee. Next time I will drop the block down to just one plate, or around 2 inches, and max out, then come back and beat that max. Then jump it back up to 2 plates etc. I will take some pictures soon per request.

Semper Fi

elitepler
05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
725 with no damn belt, hook grip with a severe injury to your quad, amazing my friend, keep it up.

SGT ROCK
05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks bro!

The 30 minute workout!

SIDE RAISES 3X10-12

MACHINE SHOULDER 3X12

DB FRONT RAISE 3X7

MACHINE DIPS 3X12

MACHINE SCOTT CURL 3X12

Semper Fi

jbrin0tk
05-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I think it is awesome that you are perservering through a pretty serious injury. It's inspiring, to be sure!

SGT ROCK
05-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Hey thanks brother! You can ALWAYS find positive in anything, you just have to be creative. I will pull over 800, I made that commitment many years ago. It has taken me a bit longer than I had anticipated, but when I finally get there it will be even more gratifying. Two pec tears, 3 severe torn hamstring injuries, a torn patella, 5 or more quad tears, a torn bicep, on top of several other injuries and personal tragedies as well, im still here....and I will reach my goal, there are never any excuses when you boil down to it. It is one of the great things about the deadlift that come to mind, there is no good guy, no bad guy, just you and the weight!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Did this one at a rapid pace today, almost puked again lol

CALVES 3X15

STANDING ABS 3X12

LEG CURLS 3X10

LEG EXT SUPERSETTED WITH SQUATS 2 SUPERSETS

LAT PULLS 3X7

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
INC DB FLIES 3X10

INC DB PRESS 3X10

FLAT HAMMER STRENGTH STYLE MACHINE 3X7

DB TRI EXT 3X12 SUPERSETTED WITH DB CURL 3X12

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I havent been that slack bros. I have had a terrible cold and been working long nights, sleeping all day to get well. I will be hammering back at it tomorrow with a vengeance.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Finally ALMOST over bronchitis again. For those that have worked in nightclubs you can sympathize, it breeds germs via close proximity and smoke etc. My quad is feeling much better, NOT ENOUGH TO GET CRAZY...yet..lol. My patella tendon tear is a constant reminder not to push it too much.

CALVES 3X15

WT ABS 3X15

FRONT LAT PULLS 2X10

REAT LAT PULLS 2X10

LEG EXT SUPERSETTED WITH SQUATS 2X25 REPS ON LEG EXT AND 15 ON SQUATS

WILL INCREASE TO 20 REPS NEXT WEEK, AND THEN 25, THEN SLOWLY INCREASE WEIGHT. I WANT TO GET UP TO 315 AND THEN STAY THERE FOR A WHILE UNTIL MENTALLY I CAN GET PAST THAT BARRIER.

Semper Fi

Ryan Celli
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
awesome work brother, a true inspiration.
Do the leg ext. bother your torn patella?? I know most PT's and ortho's say they are the worst thing for your knees.
I do them every once in a while with no problems, I was just curious.

SGT ROCK
05-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Believe it or not, if I put the machine in EXACTLY the right spot, go light and deliberate, I can do them. My ortho reccomended them. I have an appt with my sports ortho in a couple weeks so we will see what he says. Right now its my saving grace as my ONLY direct way to work the quads.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Someone asked for this vid:

I know it was a LOOOOONG set, but I eventually got all ten lol.

Thanks to Byrdman and Schoony for the verbal support and abuse.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Felt good to get back in the gym today!

DB INC 4X10

INC BB 3X10

MACHINE PRESS 3X15 SLOW

CABLE CURLS AND TRI PUSHDOWNS BACK TO BACK 3X15

Semper Fi

chris mason
05-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Someone asked for this vid:

I know it was a LOOOOONG set, but I eventually got all ten lol.

Thanks to Byrdman and Schoony for the verbal support and abuse.

Semper Fi

I remember that! Great stuff Brent!

SGT ROCK
05-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Still coming off sickness....had to train in gym with dag gone hexagonal plates, made due with what I had. Thick bar, no belt....hook grip, totally raw, standing on a 45 plate:

135x3
225x1
315x1
405x1
505x1
605x1 not as easy at it could have been, but clean

SLDL hook grip standing on plate:

405x5 easy, these bother the hip a bit

FRONT AND REAR LAT PULLS 3x10 each, got called in to work..duty calls!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-18-2008, 05:39 PM
I am going to try and keep the same training days every week. It has been really tough due to sickness, work and other factors. I prefer the following split:

MONDAY TWO HEAVY AB EXCERCISES
CALF WORK
LEG EXT
SQUATS
GMS
PULL THROUGHS
UPPER BACK MACHINE WORK

TUESDAY 3-4 CHEST EXERCISES
ARM WORK

WEDNESDAY OFF

THURSDAY 4 WEEK ROTATION

PULLS AGAINST THE BANDS
PARTIAL PULLS OFF BLOCKS
SLDL WITH DEFICIT, NOT SUPER HEAVY DUE TO HIP
MAX TRIPLE OR SINGLE OFF THE DECK, WITH OR WITHOUT GEAR

ASSISTANCE
BENT ROWS
FRONT LAT PULLS
MACHINE ROWS
WT ABS
DB SHRUGS
45 DEGREE BACK RAISES

FRIDAY OFF

SATURDAY 3 DELT EXCERCISES
ARM WORK

Semper Fi

chris mason
05-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Hope you feel better soon Brent!

SGT ROCK
05-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks bro! I am nearly 100 percent right now as we speak!!

CABLE SIDE RAISE 3X12

MACHINE SHOULDER 3X12

DB FRONT RAISE 3X7

MACHINE OVERHEAD TRI 3X12

EZ BAR CURL 3X12

Semper Fi

chris mason
05-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks bro! I am nearly 100 percent right now as we speak!!

CABLE SIDE RAISE 3X12

MACHINE SHOULDER 3X12

DB FRONT RAISE 3X7

MACHINE OVERHEAD TRI 3X12

EZ BAR CURL 3X12

Semper Fi

Good news!

SGT ROCK
05-21-2008, 03:22 AM
SUPER FAST PACE TODAY....almost puked, but thats normal as of late on squat day:

STANDING CALVES 4X25

WT AB MACHINE 3X15

FRONT LAT PULLS 2X7

REAR LAT PULLS 2X10

LEG EXT SUPERSETTED WITH SQUATS 25 REPS LEG EXT AND 15 ON SQUATS, TWO SUPERSETS BACK TO BACK.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-22-2008, 01:37 AM
QUICK AND NICE PACE TONIGHT.

INCLINE BARBELL 2X10 AND 1X6

DB INCLINE 3X10

MACHINE CHEST 3X15

DIP MACHINE 3X12 HEAVY

HAMMERS DOWN THE RACK 60 50 40

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Planned on doing pulls against the bands today but still don't have access to the pl box...will have the key by next week. Make due with what ya got!

PULLS OFF 3 INCH PLATFORM

NO BELT, HOOK GRIP

135X3
225X2
315X1
405X1
495X1
ADD BELT

585X2 DEAD STOP, VERY, VERY EASY. Wanted to leave a rep or two in the tank.

BENT ROWS 225 2X5 these really aggrivate my hip. Static positions kill my hip.

LAT PULLS 3X7 FRONT
LAT PULLS 3X10 BACK

CABLE ROWS 2X7 HEAVY

DB SHRUGS 2X20 NO STRAPS

45 DEGREE BACK RAISES 3X12

INC SITUPS 2X25

Semper Fi

Bodyweight 220 lean

SGT ROCK
05-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Quick session, got called in yet again to work early, working long hours this holiday weekend.

SHOULDER PRESS MACHINE 3X12 HEAVY

SIDE RAISE 3X12

OVERHEAD DB TRI/KICKBACK/BENCH DIPS Heavy tri set

DB INCLINE CURLS 3X10 quick

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Loooong Memorial Day weekend, worked an extra night from 8pm til 7am, House music all night long lol!

CALVES 4X25

ABS 3X15

LEG EXT SUPERSETTED WITH SQUAT TWO SETS

LAT PULLS 3X10

Semper Fi

I saw a Dr that was SUPPOSEDLY a sports med specialist, I am a bit skeptical. He did, however, give me some good insight as far as reading my MRI's go. I have an outside shot at squatting medium heavy again PERHAPS. I have to get yet another MRI.

SGT ROCK
05-30-2008, 04:21 AM
DB INC 3X10

HIGH INC DB FLIES 3X10

MACHINE PRESS 3X10

CLOSE GRIP BENCH 2X5

EZ BAR CURLS 2X10

DB TRI EXT STANDING 2X10

MACHINE CURL 2X10

Semper Fi

Ryan Celli
05-30-2008, 05:19 AM
keep up the good work.
good news on the squats!!
are you doing uspf nationals?

SGT ROCK
05-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Damn bro I really want to go. Im in pretty good shape right now and wanted to see you, Johnnie Jackson, my old training partner Scotty Smith etc but I just cannot get the time off. Gunny Green and I are considering doing the Venice Beach push pull in Sept, you should consider that one too?!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
05-31-2008, 07:06 AM
Yesterday:

RAW, NO BELT, HOOK GRIP OFF THE JUMP STRETCH PLATFORM, AGAINST THE BLACK MONSTER MINI BANDS

135X5
225X2
315X1
405 FOR SEVEN SINGLES, LESS THAN ONE MINUTE BETWEEN SETS

ADD BELT

605X1 Smooth, good lockout

DB ROWS 125 2X7

FRONT LAT PULLS 2X7

45 DEGREE BACK RAISE 45X12 THEN SELFX25

DB SHRUGS 2X20

WT AB WORK

I was pleased with the single, I am sure it was over 700 at the top, the grip held nicely, smooth lockout.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Delts and arms yetsterday. Today went like this, quick and painful:

SEATED CALVES 4X25

AB MACHINE 3X15 HEAVY

LEG EXT SUPERSETTED WITH SQUAT 2 SUPERSETS

CHINS 3X7

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-03-2008, 01:15 AM
I often spend only 30-45 minutes in the gym on a non pulling workout. I used to feel guilty, but now I really work on keeping the weights up yet limiting the rest periods, and making every single rep count. I have been making some of the best gains I have ever had by doing this. You can train long, or you can train hard, but you CANNOT train long and hard.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-05-2008, 08:38 PM
INCLINE BB 2X10 AND 5X3

3 SEC PAUSE FLAT BENCH HIGH ON CHEST 5X5

SKULLCRUSH SUPERSET WITH BB CURL 95X12 AND 135X5

OVERHEAD DB 2X10 SUPERSETTED WITH INC DB CURLS 2X10

Semper Fi

nhlfan
06-05-2008, 09:34 PM
nice upper day rock!

chris mason
06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Brent, what are you looking to pull at your next meet?

SGT ROCK
06-06-2008, 07:48 PM
I have been chasing the elusive 804 for years, so at worlds that is what I would like at 242. I may hit a show at 220 before hand and would like anywhere from 755-771 at that show to set me up for worlds.

Semper Fi

chris mason
06-06-2008, 10:37 PM
804 lbs would be a FANTASTIC pull! I assume you will use sumo style for the attempt?

SGT ROCK
06-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Conventional all the way brother!

BPM Osgood
06-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Sgt Rock has a great Sumo Pull in Him, with a little work he could pull it either way, well at least before his injurys piled up... I once saw Him Rip up 705x1 Easy Sumo Stand up walk about 5 feet away turn around walk Back to the bar and Rip it Up again Like it was nothing... But Conventional! It was Sick! He Can Pull Either Way Sumo/Conv & Hook Grip/Reg Grip!!

SGT ROCK
06-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey thanks bro! I am coming home next month.....get the video camera ready as we are going to have a kick ass session!!

I pulled friday but didnt go heavy as I broke in a new dl suit and my grip was SPENT from earlier in the week. I still have sumo aspirations but my hip is injured pretty bad making it out of the question for NOW at least.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I found this kick ass Diner that served a good healthy breakfast. Went across the parking lot to Golds and did this workout:

CALVES 4X15
LEG UPS 3X15
LEG EXT SUPERSETTED WITH SQUATS TWO SUPERSETS

went outside and puked up my breakfast. Thems the breaks

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Yesterday:

INCLINE BB 2X10 AND 2X4

MACHINE PRESS 3X15 FAST PACE

CLOSE GRIP 3X10

HAMMERS 3X10 DOWN THE RACK

Semper Fi

chris mason
06-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Next time I am in Vegas we are going to have to train together Brent.

john bernor
06-13-2008, 11:47 PM
great training...God bless

SGT ROCK
06-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Chris...yes indeed!

John my brother in Christ...thanks for the kind words!

I am going to FINALLY get some pics taken soon, and write out a detailed change of diet and supps I have recently gone to. Thanks for the support ALN!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Calves 4x15

Wt abs 3 sets

Pull thrus wide stance 3 sets

GMS 3 sets

Chest supported rows 3 sets

Pulldowns with different grips 6 sets

Db shrugs down the rack 3 sets

45 minutes

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-15-2008, 08:37 PM
DB SH PRESS 3X10

DB SIDE RAISE 3X10

DB FRONT RAISE 2X7

DIP MACHINE 3X15 FAST

INC DB CURL 3X10

Semper Fi

Very sore from yesterday, the fast pace lower volume is working well.

SGT ROCK
06-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Mixed it up a bit this time:

SQUATS 4X10

LEG EXT 2X25

PULL THROUGHS 3X15 WIDE

CALVES AND ABS

Semper Fi

chris mason
06-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Brent, time for me to return to some sumo pulling. It has been a LONG time. I messed up my back a few months ago, and while it is still not 100%, the strength seems to be be good and I am going to bust out the old PL belt and go for the gusto!

SGT ROCK
06-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Thats GOOD news Chris! One of the best things about sumo is you can REALLY utilize tight gear, AND briefs! I am going to give it a try tomorrow, not real heavy but enough to see if the hip can take it.

Yesterday:

Incline bb 2x10 and 2x4

Db Inc 3x10

Machine presses 3x10 fast pace

DB tri ext 3x10

DB curls 3x10

Spent

I am SO sore today...can barely move. Deads tomorrow!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-22-2008, 03:55 PM
My right rotator cuff is very, very sore, need a week off from delt training. My joints were super sore this week due to work load etc so I am pulling later today and skipping the delts altogether.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Havent been able to go sumo since last year some time do to injury. Gave it a shot today, didnt push it 100 percent. Eddy Coan and my best friend BPM Osgood have told me for years I could have a great pull at 220 sumo, so I am going to give it yet another shot.

Sumo pulls off 2.5-3 inch platform, hook grip:

135x3
225x2
315x1
405x2
405x2
505x2 with belt
585x2 with belt easy, got caught up on my sweats a bit at lockout but felt great
585x1 conventional, just to keep both styles trained

SLDL OFF THE BOX
405x5
I was stoked the hip can take these again. I always felt these were one of the keys for a huge pull. I tore my right thumb pretty bad on this one.

TBAR ROWS 3X7
LAT PULLS 6X7 VARIOUS GRIPS

DB SHRUGS 2X20

45 DEGREE BACK 2X25

WT ABS 3X12

I was wiped out, and all in all very pleased with this workout. It seems I can "strain" better conventional, but my stroke in sumo is so short that with work I think I can get a good contest pull in, especially in tight gear, we will keep marching forward.

Semper Fi

BPM Osgood
06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Nice Work Brother!! About time you hit those Sumo Pulls again!!! Glad to see you still had to do do set Conventional!! lol Build up your Base Stength in the Sumo Style Brother and a PR will happen, just keep Marching Forward like you Said!

SGT ROCK
06-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey thanks bro I am going to give it a solid go around if I can stay healthy! My lockout is my sticking point sumo, I can get anything off the deck and I look forward to fixing that sticking point. Sumo it is, for now lol...joking.

Semper Fi

Chris Rodgers
06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey thanks bro I am going to give it a solid go around if I can stay healthy! My lockout is my sticking point sumo, I can get anything off the deck and I look forward to fixing that sticking point. Sumo it is, for now lol...joking.

Semper Fi

Nice pulling.
If you figure out that lockout thing, let me know because I am the same way.

SGT ROCK
06-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks bro. For the Sumo lockout, I believe a combo of heavy direct low back work and ab work, with sumo lockouts with the weight sitting on a 4 in box, and low box squats if you can do them are keys, along with hammering the pull throughs, and of course TIGHT gear and keeping the bar in close and hips not rising too fast.

Today went like this:

Joints still a bit stiff but feeling better. Thumb is good to go.

DB INC 4X10

BB INC 3X10

MACHINE INCLINE 3X12 FAST REPS

EZ BAR SKULL CRUSH SUPERSETTED WITH EZ BAR CURL 1X10

PUSHDOWNS 2X10

PREACHER MACHINE 2X10

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Yesterday:

Left hip still feeling a bit tweaked, mentally as much as anything so I cant go ASF on the squats which is what I like to do.

CALVES 4X25
WT ABS 3X12

SQUATS 4X10 LIGHT DUE TO HIP

LEG EXT 3X25

PULL THROUGHS 3X15

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Yesterday, feeling run down again, working too much etc:

SIDE RAISES 3X10

MAHCINE SHOULDER 3X12

FRONT RAISES 2X7

DIP MACHINE 3X15 HEAVY

DB CURLS 3X7

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
06-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Week two of pulling sumo, first good sumos of this year due to injury:

135 2x5

225x1

315x1

405x1

505 5 speed doubles with belt

One heavy single....drained. Hip feeling good. After all these years I am FINALLY figuring out the sumo technique.

Lat pulls 8 sets

db shrugs

45 degree back raise

abs

Going to work now!!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
You guys may or may not have read about the infected tomato outbreak here on the west coast? I have become ill due to a similar food and or drinking water infection. I have spend the last 3 days getting all sorts of tests done, in and out of 3 different facilities, and will spend the entire day tomorrow doing more of the same. Unfortunately I have dropped a few pounds, but....being an optimist, my abs are razor sharp lol! I am still training although the fatigue is worse than mono or anything else you can imagine. I wont be doing anything super heavy for a few weeks but expect to be back at 110 percent in no time.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Upper body yesterday, keeping it light for a bit. 9 sets for chest 6 for arms.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Lower body yesterday short and sweet, maintaining until this illness subsides.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Been keeping it light, but have yet to miss a workout. Last back day was my scheduled off pulling day, Sunday:

GMS 3X10

TBARS 3 SETS

LAT PULLS 3 SETS

BB SHRUGS 3 SETS

DB SHRUGS 1 SET

AB WORK 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-09-2008, 08:35 PM
BB Incline 3x10

DB Incline 3x10

Incline Machine 3x15 quick pace

Straight Bar Pushdowns 5x10

Straight Bar Cable Curl 5x10

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Damian and I will be training next week at his Dungeon as well as the famous Austins gym. We will try and get some video and post it for those that asked.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-10-2008, 08:24 PM
LEG EXT 3X25

SQUAT 3X10

PULL THROUGHS STIFF LEG 3X15

WT ABS 3X12

CALVES 3X15

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
workout:

BB INC 3X10

DB INC 3X10

MACHINE INCLINES 3X15

STRAIGHT BAR PUSHDOWNS 5X10

STRAIGHT BAR CABLE CURLS 5X10

It took me several minutes to walk to my truck after this one.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Today:

DB SHOULDER PRESS 3X10

CABLE SIDE RAISE 2X12

DB FRONT RAISE 2X7

DIP MACHINE 3X15

DB CURLS 3X7

Fast pace, done in less than 30

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Trained with 3 GREAT new training partners, master lifters with much experience. We got a bit carried away and did way too many sets.

DL SUMO 135X5
225X1
315X1
405X1
495X1 ALL SETS DONE NO BELT WITH OVERHAND GRIP
625X1 SLOPPY

DL CONVENTIONAL 625X1 EASIER

Wanted to take some light weight off the floor to see how it felt. Im 220 or so feeling good.

Now we got crazy and did the purple bands doubled on the jump stretch platform, did 4x5 no belt SPEED, then 1x5 sldl, was pretty spent, will do my assistance tomorrow, feel really good. Going heavy on the rev bands next week back home at Austins gym so wanted to save something. Next time around I will use the greens, and will work up to a 625x3 triple raw, and finish the cycle with a 725 raw single.

Semper Fi

bigmoney
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
great work in here rock. Doubled purple bands would be alot of tension huh?

SGT ROCK
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
I mistakenly used the greens doubled for many, many times and didnt know it. If you lay the entire band over the bar and criss cross them that would be considered doubled in a sense would it not? The tension on the purples was a good tension. I have doubled up the black minis on the sides of the platform, thats some super tension!

Semper Fi

Ben Moore
07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Doubled purples is nuts. Very nice work man!

SGT ROCK
07-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Just arrived back from visiting home to see my family. Damian and I had a couple sick training sessions that we videotaped and will post here very soon. Its good to be back!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Back at it at Sin City Golds:

INCLINE BB 1X10 2X5

BB INCLINE 3X10,5,5

INC FLIES 3X7

CABLE CURLS 3X12

HAMMERS DOWN THE RACK 3X7 REPS

PREACHER MACHINE 3X12

Doing biceps on Wed and triceps on Thurs now

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Leg ext 3x10-15
Leg curls 3x7

calves 3x15

wt abs 3x12

No squats due to sore hip, will start doing speed pulls on this day.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-26-2008, 08:37 PM
DB SH 3X10 went heavier than usual, rotator cuff feeling a bit better. Believe it or not these really stress the pec if you don't focus on stability (in my case anyhow due to two torn pecs)

SIDE RAISE 3X1O

FRONT RAISE 2X10

ROPE PUSHDOWNS 1X10 1X5

OVERHEAD DBS 2X10

BENCH DIPS 2X25

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Today felt really good. For those that have never pulled against the bands, lets just say the tension on the heavy bands is no joke.

PULLS AGAINST GREEN BANDS

135x5
225x3
add bands

315x1
405x1
add belt
505x1 HOOK GRIP
I felt like it was 700 plus at the top, with the hook grip it was unreal tension on the grip at the top, a great movement. I feel the blue bands are just too much, greens are perfect

SLDL AGAINST PURPLES, HOOK GRIP
315X5 really stresses my hip so one set only

Upper back stuff and on my way to work!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-31-2008, 01:23 AM
HEAVY AND QUICK!

BB Incline 1x10 1x10 1x4

DB INCLINE 3X7 Heavy

EZ BAR CURLS 2X7 HEAVY

DB HAMMERS DOWN THE RACK 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
07-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Speed DL, hook grip, no belt

135 2x5
225x2
315x1

405 for 8 doubles, quick pace

LEG EXT 3 SETS
LEG CURLS 3 SETS
CALVES 3 SETS
ABS 2 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Yesterday, light delts and triceps, been a bit stiff lately.

MACHINE PRESS 4 SETS

ROPE PUSHDOWNS 4 SETS

KICKBACKS 2 SETS

DIPS 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Rev band pulls, hook grip no belt:

135x5
225x3
315x1
405x1
add belt
515x1
675x1
725x1

DB ROW 125X15 AND 100X15

LAT PULLS 6 SETS

MACHINE ROWS 3 SETS

45 DEGREE BACK RAISE 2 SETS

BB SHRUGS 2 SETS

WT ABS 2 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
DEADLIFT SPEED DAY

NO BELT, HOOK GRIP:

135X3
225X1
315X2

425 FOR 8 DOUBLES, 45 SECONDS REST BETWEEN SETS
FIRST 3 CONVENTIONAL, NEXT 3 SUMO, FINAL 2 CONVENTIONAL

REVERSE HYPER!!! One of the members of the gym bought it out of his own pocked for 3k!!! God bless him, what a great piece of gear. I will not be doing any GMS or at least rarely due to this great piece of gear

5x10 to get reacquainted, this is Louie Simmons' best version, its the best movement to compliment the DL other than other versions of the dl and perhaps gms

LEG EXT 3 SETS HIGH REPS, GREAT PUMP

CALVES AND ABS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-08-2008, 08:27 PM
BB INCLINE 1X10 1X5 1X3 1X3

MACHINE INCLINE 3X10

DB INCLINE 3X5

HAMMER STRENGTH CHEST 3X15 PUMP

MACHINE PREACHER 3X10-15

DB INCLINE CURL 2 SETS

STANDING ROPE HAMMERS 2 SETS

STANDING DB CURL 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Yesterday:

PULLS AGAINST BANDS RAW, HOOK GRIP

135X5
225X1
315X1
405X1
ADD BELT
MAX TRIPLE
MAX SINGLE

BENT ROWS RAW OFF BOX 315X10 AND 225X10

CHINS 3 SETS

LAT PULLS 6 SETS

MACHINE ROWS 3 SETS

BB SHRUGS 2 SETS

DB SHRUGS 2 SETS

ABS 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-14-2008, 08:30 PM
REVERSE HYPERS
ONE PLATEX10
TWO PLATESX10
3X10
4X15
5 PLATES EACH SIDE FOR 2X15

LEG EXT 3 SETS

CALVES 4 SETS

WT ABS 4 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-16-2008, 05:56 PM
YESTERDAY:

INCLINE BB 2X10 1X7

INCLINE MACHINE 3X10

INC DB 2 SETS

BICEPS 6 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I am now ready for tomorrows pull off the floor and have Rev 8ball coming over the Golds to help me out. I am trying a new Fusion that should be ultra tight, I am excited to pull off the deck as it has been a long while! The Fusion with velcro is a great suit. Thanks to Mike Shwanke for his help, a great puller and swears by the Fusion as well.

Today:

DB SHOULDER 4 SETS

MACHINE SIDE RAISE 4 SETS, NEVER TRIED THIS MACHINE, AWESOME PUMP

FRONT RAISES 2 SETS

DIP MACHINE 4 SETS

OVERHEAD TRI EXT MACHINE 4 SETS, NEVER TRIED, AGAIN GREAT PUMP

ROPE PUSHDOWNS 3 SETS HEAVY

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I tested out a brand new Fusion, still needs some tweaking but a great suit. I still may pull sumo and will surely pull some heavy reps this cycle sumo regardless. Next time I am going with an even tighter Fusion and will test out the Trx suit as well.

Raw and hook grip
135x5
225x3
315x2
405x1
add belt, still hook grip
515x1

Then one single conv and one sumo

REV HYPERS 4 PLATESX15
5 PLATESX15
6 PLATES 2X15

LIGHT ASSISTANCE AS I WAS PRETTY FRIED AT THIS POINT IN THE WEEK.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-21-2008, 08:08 PM
SUMO DL, RAW HOOK GRIP, FAT BAR
7X2 UP TO SETS WITH 405 TO GET LOOSE

LEG EXT AND LEG CURLS
CALVES AND ABS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Incline BB 2x10 1x5

DB INC 3X10

MACHINE PRESS 3X10

EZ BAR CURL 3X10

MACHINE CURLS 3X7

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-23-2008, 08:52 PM
DB SH PRESS HEAVY 3 SETS

SIDE RAISE 3 SETS

DIP MACHINE STACK 3 SETS

OVERHEAD DBS 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-25-2008, 07:04 AM
SUMO DL RAW, HOOK GRIP, NO BELT

135 2X5
225X3
315X2
405X1
500X6 ZAPPED IT
Pulling reps with the hook will really give you a brutal test
550x6 ZAPPED IT
ADD BELT
Heavy triple

SLDL OFF 3 INCH BOX WITH 80LBS OF CHAIN
405 PLUS THE CHAINS HOOK GRIP NO BELT FOR 2X5 REPS
I was almost ready to puke, not joking
I HAVE GREAT TRAINING PARTNERS, MY FRIEND DAN HELPED ME WITH AN AWESOME CHAIN SET UP AND INTRODUCED ME TO CAMBERED BAR SEATED GMS, NO BELT
135X10
225X10
315X5 TO GET USED TO THIS GREAT MOVEMENT

I was much too spent to finish my accesory work, and both hands were bleeding. I will hammer the upper back and abs tomorrow or tuesday. I was happy with my 6 rep sets raw as well as my triple, I am on track right now.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Upper back machines yesterday, today took it easy, wanted to test out the hip on the squat again:

2 very light sets of 15

leg ext

abs and calves

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-29-2008, 07:15 PM
BB INC 2X10 2X3

MACHINE CHEST 3 SETS

INC FLIES 2 SETS

BICEPS 6 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-01-2008, 08:17 AM
135 2X5
225X3
315X2
405X2
ADD BELT
515X1
ADD TRX SUIT
2 SINGLES HEAVY

SLDL OFF 3 INCH BOX, RAW, HOOK GRIP WITH 80LBS OF CHAINS
405 PLUS CHAINS FOR 6 REPS

ABS

UPPER BACK NEXT DAY

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Yesterday

3 sets each, cycled up to stack on the machines

FRONT LAT PULLS
REAR LAT PULLS LIGHT
MACHINE ROWS
CHINS
DB SHRUGS
ABS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Yesterday:

BB INC 3 SETS HEAVY
MACHINE CHEST 3 SETS
SIDE RAISE 3 SETS
TRI PUSHDOWNS 3 SETS
INC DB CURLS 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-05-2008, 07:23 PM
LEG EXT 3 SETS
REV HYPERS
CALVES AND ABS heavy, stretch, going to work!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Yesterday:

RAW DL HOOK GRIP, NO BELT
1352X5
225X3
315X2
405X1
ADD NEW SUIT, STRAPS DOWN AND BELT
515X1
SWITCH GRIPS TO OVER UNDER, SUIT EFFECTS GRIP PLACEMENT, HAVENT MASTERED IT YET, STRAPS UP
675X1 SUMO
675X1 CONV
ONE BIG SINGLE SUCCESSFUL

SLDL OFF A 3 INCH BOX, NO BELT HOOK GRIP
495 PLUS 80 POUNDS OF CHAINS FOR 3 REPS...MY HAND WAS ALREADY BLEEDING SEVERELY, THIS ONE HURT BUT WAS MORE THAN WORTH IT

REV HYPER 5 PLATES FOR 20 REPS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
DB ROW HEAVY 2X7

LAT PULLS STACK 2X7

CABLE ROWS STACK 2X7

HAMMER STRENGTH LATS 2 SETS

CHINS 2 SETS

DB SHRUGS 2 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
DB INCLINE 4X10

MACHINE CHEST 3X12

MACHINE SHOULDER 3X12

SKULLCRUSHERS 3 SETS HEAVY

ONE ARM SCOTT CURLS 3 SETS HEAVY

Done!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
SEVERAL LIGHT SETS OF DL CONV AND SUMO WITH 135 TO GET FORM DOWN, PROBABLY DID OVER 100 REPS.

LEG EXT 3 SETS HEAVY

REV HYPERS 3 SETS TO SPEED RECOVERY

CALVES AND ABS HEAVY

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Today did some light leg stuff, abs heavy, calves, rev hypers and some lat pulls. Big pulls every single sunday until the worlds. Next week I am doing a seminar/demo after the worlds so I am getting ready to pull a big one.

Semper Fi

elitepler
09-19-2008, 06:31 AM
Yesterday:

RAW DL HOOK GRIP, NO BELT
1352X5
225X3
315X2
405X1
ADD NEW SUIT, STRAPS DOWN AND BELT
515X1
SWITCH GRIPS TO OVER UNDER, SUIT EFFECTS GRIP PLACEMENT, HAVENT MASTERED IT YET, STRAPS UP
675X1 SUMO
675X1 CONV
ONE BIG SINGLE SUCCESSFUL

SLDL OFF A 3 INCH BOX, NO BELT HOOK GRIP
495 PLUS 80 POUNDS OF CHAINS FOR 3 REPS...MY HAND WAS ALREADY BLEEDING SEVERELY, THIS ONE HURT BUT WAS MORE THAN WORTH IT

REV HYPER 5 PLATES FOR 20 REPS

Semper Fi

very nice work my brother....

SGT ROCK
09-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks brother! Getting ready for a big pull on the 28th and cycling for a big pull at the Worlds in November.

Today was as follows:

Left pec a bit sore so didnt go super heavy

DB INC 4 SETS

MACHINE PRESS 3 SETS

INC MACHINE 3 SETS

NINE BRUTAL SETS OF BICEPS TODAY, UNREAL PUMP

Semper Fi

mastermonster
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey Brent! Hope you have a good seminar and good luck at Worlds!

SGT ROCK
09-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks Buddy!

DL RAW NO BELT

135 2X5
225X3
315X2
405X1
ADD BELT
515X1
ADD SUIT
675X1 VERY, VERY EASY, WANTED TO TEST OUT NEW SUIT

DL OFF 3 INCH BOX, NO BELT, SPEED WORK
5X2 REPS 405 PLUS 80LBS OF CHAINS

CHEST SUPPORTED ROWS 3 SETS

MACHINE ROWS 3 SETS

HAMMER ROWS 3 SETS

DB SHRUGS 2X20 HEAVY

WT AB WORK 2 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-24-2008, 10:34 PM
DB INCLINE 4 SETS HEAVY

MACHINE CHEST 3 SETS

DB CURLS 2 SETS

MACHINE CURLS 2 SETS

CABLE CURLS 2 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-25-2008, 08:47 PM
At Golds amidst a sea of pro bodybuilders:

WT AB WORK 4 SETS, good work here

SEATED GMS UP TO 3 PLATES FOR TEN REPS

LAT PULLS 6 SETS

LEG EXT 3 SETS

CALVES 3 SETS

Just getting ready for a big pull sunday!

Semper Fi

HeavyBomber
09-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Awesome pulling -inspirational man.

SGT ROCK
09-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks brother. Today was a fast paced workout. I have been using more bodybuilding type workouts for upper body due to injury. I have to work all night, get in bed around 6am, up at 930 and at the Golds by 11am for a big seminar. I am going to get some pics and video footage.

Today went like this:

DB SIDE RAISE 3 SETS

DB SHULDER PRESS 3 SETS

CLOSE GRIP BENCH 3 SETS

TRI EXT 3 SETS

FRONT RAISE BURNOUT SET

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
DL RAW NO BELT

135X5
245X1
335X3
425X1
ADD BELT 515X1

ADD SUIT STRAPS UP TO TEST NEW SUIT
625X1
ONE SINGLE HEAVY SUMO, ONE HEAVY CONVENTIONAL

SLDL WITH HOOK GRIP OFF 3 INCH BOX NO BELT
425 WITH 80LBS OF CHAINS 2X6 REPS

Very sore and tired, upper back and assistance on tuesday. Good workout today.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-01-2008, 03:01 AM
WT AB WORK 4 SETS

LAT PULLS 9 SETS DIFFERENT GRIPS

TBAR ROWS 3 SETS

MACHINE ROWS 3 SETS

BB SHRUGS ONE DROP SET

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-02-2008, 09:23 PM
WT SITUPS WIDE STANCE 2 HEAVY SETS

LEG UPS 2 SETS

LEG EXT 3 SETS

REV HYPERS HEAVY 2 SETS

CALVES 3 SETS

Semper Fi

Just enough to get ready for a big dl on sundays.

SGT ROCK
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
HIgh intensity, fast pace, heavy weights on each last set

DB INC 3 SETS

MACHINE INCLINE 3 SETS

MACHINE CURLS 2 SETS

EZ BAR 2 SETS

HAMMERS 2 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Yesterday:

DB SH PRESS 3 SETS

SIDE RAISE MACHINE 3 SETS

FRONT RAISE 2 SETS

DIP MACHINE 7 SETS, GOT CARRIED AWAY

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Yesterday:

REV BLUE BANDS

HOOK GRIP NO BELT
225X3
315X3
405X2
495X1
ADD BELT, REG GRIP
655X1
755X1 EASY
ONE MORE HEAVY SINGLE

SLDL RAW, HOOK GRIP OFF 3 INCH BOX WITH 80LBS OF CHAINS
425 2X6

REV HYPERS 5 SETS

WT AB WORK

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-08-2008, 12:59 AM
UPPER BACK WORK 12 SETS, MACHINES ONLY DUE TO HEAVY PULLS ON SUNDAY

AB WORK 4 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-08-2008, 11:24 PM
DB INC 3 SETS

MACHINE CHEST 3 SETS

INC FLIES 3 SETS

BICEPS 7 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
ABS 2 HEAVY SETS

LEG EXT 3 SETS

CALVES 3 SETS

LOW BACK MACHINE 3 SETS

Enough to keep it tight for Sundays pull.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-11-2008, 08:40 PM
MACHINE SHOULDER PRESS 5 SETS

SIDE RAISE 3 SETS

DB FRONT RAISE 2 SETS

DIP MACHINE 3 SETS

TRI EXT 3 SETS

ROPES 3 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-13-2008, 07:22 AM
DL, RAW HOOK GRIP

225X3
315X3
405X1
515X1
ADD SUIT
EASY OPENER

BOX WORK AFTER

REV HYPERS

ABS AND ACCESSORIES

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-14-2008, 10:39 PM
FRONT LATS 4 SETS
REAR LAT 3 SETS
TBAR 3 SETS
MACHINE ROWS 3 SETS
CHINS 3 SETS
SHRUGS ONE DROP SET
HEAVY ABS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-16-2008, 08:11 PM
HEAVY AB WORK
LEG EXT
CALVES
GMS 3 SETS
Big pulls on Sunday for the whole team!!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-17-2008, 04:58 PM
WEDNESDAY:

DB INC 4 SETS
MACHINE INCLINE 3 SETS
MACHINE PRESS 3 SETS
BICEPS 8 SETS

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Warmups like always:

135X5
225X3
315X2
405X1
515X1 ALL DONE WITH HOOK GRIP NO BELT

ADD BELT AND SUIT

675X1

PULLED A BIG SINGLE TODAY, BROKE IN TIGHT NEW SUIT

ACCESSORY WORK AFTER, HEAVY STUFF ON TUESDAY.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-23-2008, 02:47 AM
UPPER BACK STUFF ON TUESDAY

WED WAS:

FLAT DBS
INC MACHINE
CHEST MACHINE
8 SETS BICEPS

Quick and intense, heavy.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Normal routine thurs and friday, rest saturday, 3 weeks out from show so last big pull sunday.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-29-2008, 05:27 AM
Good day sunday, upper back tuesday, cruising until the show, nothing out of the ordinary.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
10-31-2008, 06:25 PM
The show is in two weeks. Nothing fancy up until the show. I will outline the last few heavy workouts in detail after the show.

Semper Fi

rick344
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
need info on how to prepare last two weeks before meet

SGT ROCK
01-15-2009, 03:38 AM
Pulling at the AC March 6.

Semper Fi

Gunny Green
01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey brother. When is a good time to call you?

SGT ROCK
02-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Guns we keep missing each other, try me again!

Only TWO heavy pulls left before the AC!

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Boy it has been forever, I almost forgot this was here lol! I am in training for WABDL worlds and will do a quick recycle for the Arnold Classic Cage in early 2010, everything is on schedule. Will post specifics later.

Semper Fi

SGT ROCK
08-21-2009, 03:53 PM
My moms passing is fueling me to new heights. I wont be denied at the WABDL worlds, put it on the poster board.

I have some great sponsors, Universal, Titan, Headblade, ATP to name a few, without them it would not be possible.

Semper Fi