PDA

View Full Version : My diet....

Footballguy
03-18-2002, 06:19 PM
OK ever since january we have been hard at work in the weight room and as u know i have been dieting. The thing is im not eating like a weight liftier should. I know i know every weightlifter stresses eating right and stuff. but i know im not. Like for instance for lunch i might have a breakfeast bar like with the whole grain and strawberry filling or w/e. And that would be the only thing i eat b4 weight lifting(230-430pm) because i skip breakfast. Then when i get home i eat what my family is eatin (Usally not health foods and like aat 6 oclock) but i take 1/4 of the portion that i usally take. I take a multi vitamen evey day also i take an iron pill. This diet is working really good and it doesnt seem to be hurting me in the weightroom i dont think. I have a feeling it may be doing me bad while lifting. Like do u think im gaining any muscle? When i work for that 2hrs is there anything going on? Should i eat a protein bar or drink just so i can get some protein in my diet?? AM i harming myself?

-Justin

Zalxder
03-18-2002, 06:32 PM
if your diet is too high cal. just do alot of cardio. and make sure you get enough protein. 1 gram for every pound you weigh. go pick up some weigh protein, you can get the cheapest kind their all basically the same. protein is protein.

Footballguy
03-18-2002, 06:34 PM
So my diets ok as long as i get my protein?

Zalxder
03-18-2002, 06:40 PM
as long as you get enough protein. get a good solid routine too, WBB routines are really good

gettinjackT
03-18-2002, 06:56 PM
Well, eating only 2 meals a day definately has to have an effect on your gains. You definately need some protein in your diet. Try a shake in the morning and one after your workout w/ some carbs. You dont need to take an iron pill, either. That's a waste.

Footballguy
03-18-2002, 06:59 PM
What does WBB mean.... and the iron is for me because my iron levels were low recently. So if i start taking protein shakes i will improve in muscle gain? Even with my same diet? And can i connsider a nutograin bar for luch a meal? And are protein shakes fatty will they put weight on me should i only take them on lifting days??

gettinjackT
03-18-2002, 07:08 PM
yes, protein is essential to muscle recuperation, growth, & repair. Protein will help a lot, but your overall diet needs some work too. Try to include some EFA's(Essential Fatty Acids) like flax or cod liver oil. Most protein shakes that I've seen or used have minimal fat(less than 5 grams). If your trying to bulk, then make sure you get sufficient amounts of fat & carbs. Try to eat more throughout the day.

Footballguy
03-18-2002, 07:10 PM
ive been llooking at vitmans and protein powders. The thing is dont they have alot of soy? And cant soy have a negitive effect on men. Does anyone have any good suggestions on good protein powders,pills,or something? this is temperary till i lose the weight then i can go back to a normal diet instead of barley anything.Then I will get natural protein from nutrition.

-Justin

gettinjackT
03-18-2002, 07:15 PM
yeh, dont take anything with soy. Use a whey protein powder. I use Human Development's Pro Blend 55. It's a mixed protein powder. Is has all the good stuff(4 types of whey, egg albumen, milk casinate).

P.S. WBB- Wanna Be Big

Footballguy
03-18-2002, 07:18 PM
Im 15 years old Im just wondering how much protein should i bee having before and after weightlifting and is it true ur supposed to have a certain amount upto 45 minutes after liftin. Like if i have a can of tuna at lunch a 12:00 and worked out at 3 will that be enough for the pre workout how much do i need for the post workout and in what timeframe? My cans of tuna have 15 grams of protein per can.

-Justin

gettinjackT
03-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Have about 1g per pound of bodyweight. Yeh get a good 40g within 45 min of lifting w/ some carbs. A can of tuna 1-2 hrs before lifting is fine.There should be about 33g in a can of tuna. There's about 12-13g per serving and there's 2.5 servings in a can.

Footballguy
03-18-2002, 07:38 PM
Wooo wait r u saying i shoulf have about 175 grams of protein a day because thats what i weigh?

gettinjackT
03-18-2002, 07:41 PM
yeh, at least 175-225g a day if your training hard