PDA

View Full Version : titan katana vs inzer rage-x

jtteg_x
03-30-2008, 01:23 AM
i gave metal a try for my single ply shirt and it didnt go too well. im gonna return that and go with a different 1 ply poly shirt. the titan katana and inzer rage-x are next on my list. id like to hear the pros and cons of both shirts. me personally, am a low groove bencher (lower pec/sternal).

Stumprrp
03-30-2008, 10:57 AM
f6 with katana material, friend smoked 600 off a 3 board @ 180 bodyweight, hes a world champion and reccomends this shirt.

Travis Bell
03-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Personally I like Inzer material, I never did well with the Titan stuff. Groove just wasn't right, but I've never tried the Katana either so I can't really say anything regarding that

vdizenzo
03-30-2008, 02:07 PM
I agree with Travis. Go with the Inzer Rage X.

jtteg_x
03-31-2008, 02:34 AM
i love the single and double f6 i have now. the f6 with katana material sounds interesting but I'm looking for a stock order since ill be using this specific shirt for USPF and singly ply federations. how is the groove on the rage-x compared to f6? here is an example of my bar placement w/single f6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SKu-WKd2Sg will the rage-x accommodate my groove?

oxo
03-31-2008, 06:52 AM
yes it will work weth your groove
but the ragex is very hard to toch in even the singly ply
i cant say for the katana but i here thay ar pretty much the same shirt

Hillbilly
03-31-2008, 07:08 AM
I've used both the F6 and the Rage X. I like them both so much I can't decide which to use in my next competition. The goove is similar on both of them, but I have a harder time touching the Rage X. The Rage X also chokes the hell out of me until I get the front pulled way down.

I have not tried the Katana yet. I have heard lots of good things about it, but my training partner bought one and doesn't get anything out of it at all. I am going to call lifting large and see if they have any advice for him. That being said another guy we lift with hit 700 at our last meet in the Katana. I guess in the end it all works down to personal perference. My opinion is you cant go wrong with either the F6 or the Rage X. Just my .02

Aron

Travis Bell
03-31-2008, 07:29 AM
i love the single and double f6 i have now. the f6 with katana material sounds interesting but I'm looking for a stock order since ill be using this specific shirt for USPF and singly ply federations. how is the groove on the rage-x compared to f6? here is an example of my bar placement w/single f6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SKu-WKd2Sg will the rage-x accommodate my groove?

Yeah the RageX would work fine with your groove. Many prefer the RageX because it has a more forgiving groove. Taking longer to touch isn't a bad thing if you just sit tight and be patient, release into the shirt and it'll touch just fine

Guido
03-31-2008, 07:33 AM
I haven't used any Inzer shirts, but have used the F-6 quite a bit. I really like it and get about 100-110 lbs out of it. I started using the Katana a couple months ago and it is much less forgiving. It's a great shirt, though, and once I get it figured out I'll be pushing up 50-60 lbs over what I was getting out of the F-6. It's less comfortable, but much stronger.

I guess it's just what you prefer.

jtteg_x
04-07-2008, 02:28 AM
got a hold of a katana from a buddy that put few lifts in it. its very similar to the f6 groove but with more stiffer and stronger material. it gave almost as much support my 2-ply f6 did. gave a lot of stopping power at the bottom for complete control. for those that ever come upon the same situation, the katana (a/s) is a great choice if you like the f6. i will definitely purchase this shirt in the future.

BPM Osgood
04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I personaly Love INZER Products. I have never had to try anything else. Once you learn the in and outs of the RageX your bench will rocket up! I have hit 540@162lbs and 605@181lbs in Comps wearing a RageX.

Travis Bell
04-07-2008, 04:03 PM
and soon 600+ at 165lbs! (finishing Damian's thought there haha)

I've tried the titan stuff and just never really did well with it. My Inzer shirt as fit me like a glove

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-11-2008, 07:01 AM
i gave metal a try for my single ply shirt and it didnt go too well. im gonna return that and go with a different 1 ply poly shirt. the titan katana and inzer rage-x are next on my list. id like to hear the pros and cons of both shirts. me personally, am a low groove bencher (lower pec/sternal).

Definitely, go with the Inzer Rage X:clap:

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

waynedang
04-11-2008, 07:32 PM
WOW it looks like most of the guys who are sposored by Inzer really like Inzer.

I have used both and like the katana the best. I always thought my F6 and RageX were very similar. I think a person really needs to try different shirts to see what works for them. Also fit makes all the difference I think most people wear the shirt to big. One thing you might want to think about is the warranty Titan has a kick azz warranty and inzer has 7 days then you are screwed. That makes a big differece when you have to buy your own gear.

just some thoughts from an average bencher