PDA

View Full Version : food help

Gonzo
03-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I am getting tired of eating the same foods looking for some healthy ideas.

I have been eating a lot of salmon, chicken and turkey burgers.

I want to start eating tuna but not sure what to put on it since I dont eat mayo and it does not taste so great plain?

How much worse is it to eat skinless chicken thighs (i do cut the fat off with a razor blade) as oppose to chicken breast?
I find the thighs taste so much better but i am guessing there is a reason for that.

any help would be appreciated.

koal4e
03-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Ah tuna...I LOVE TUNA....its so versatile.

Tuna is good with.....

Wholemeal pasta and pasta sauce
Baked potatoe and tinned chopped tomatoes
Rice baked in water with vegetable stock cubes
Sandwiches with cucumber or sweetcorn
In a salad with a drop of olive oil and lemon juice

But there are other protein alternatives like pulses... Butter beans, kidney beans...all kinds of other beans.

Bean salad is nice, take a tin of butter beans and a tin of kidney beans mix them together with finely diced onion a drop of olive oil and some parlsey.

You can also be more adventerous with your chicken like dicing it and boiling it with vegetables, herbs and spices to make a soup etc.

Gonzo
03-30-2008, 08:29 AM
thanks for the reply
Yea i dont eat beans either but I will give those tuna suggestions a try.
do you recommend a specific brand of tuna?
thanks again.

frankzanewannab
03-30-2008, 11:47 AM
eat it by itself. getting big is not about enjoying food. if you get over that then you will grow. it's a need not a want.
also, depending on what your goals are i would be careful about some the above listed foods.. some of them are high on the glycemic index and could cause fat storage. even if there is no sugar.

devo
03-30-2008, 02:29 PM
getting big is not about enjoying food.

I have to disagree on this one. Even when I'm cutting, I need to enjoy my food. Hell, when you're bulking it's pretty hard not to enjoy food. There's a difference between sacrificing food vs sacrificing taste....

Torrok
03-30-2008, 03:14 PM
while we are talking about making food taste good, how do you all eat your brown rice? any amazingly yummy spice you put on it?

devo
03-30-2008, 03:24 PM
I find a bit of salsa usually does the trick. Or, depending on what your calorie intake allow, I like to add some peanut satay sauce..

cphafner
03-30-2008, 03:29 PM
took a look at the recipe forum. Tons of good ideas in there
http://wannabebigforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

EternalSearcher
03-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Have you tried the flavored tuna pouches? They're great