PDA

View Full Version : dieting and gaining weight

Gonzo
03-30-2008, 08:26 AM
For the last month and a half i really have been eating extremely well, barely any carbs maybe one whole wheat bun, and a little rice at lunch. I have been taking Results for about three weeks working out 5 days a week and of course my whey protein.
I really am trying to flatten my stomach and have noticed good progress so far and when i look in the mirror it looks like I lost weight but when i hit the scale i am putting on weight not much about 4 to 5 pounds within the month?
Is this normal?
Also I find a night and day difference in how my stomach looks in the moring then how it does later in the day I would love for it to stay like it did in the morning all day anyone else notice this?

frankzanewannab
03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
lol.. my stomache does it as well.. it's from dehydration during sleep and no food. that's why body builders barely drink anything during competition weeks. you could be gaining muscle while loosing fat. it's not out of the ordinary. go by bf% instead of scales. this will give you a better reading of your progress.

frank
03-30-2008, 04:20 PM
you tend to look better when you dont drink because you lose water weight. dont worry about it and stay hydrated.

cphafner
03-30-2008, 04:26 PM
that's why body builders barely drink anything during competition weeks.

that's not quite right

EternalSearcher
03-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Muscle weighs more than fat. Always go by bf%

Built
03-30-2008, 07:22 PM
If you're gaining weight and lifting, you're bulking. You want to drop, eat less food. There is no way you can gain weight on sub-maintenance calories - muscle is more dense than fat, true, but it's not built out of air - those calories have to come from somewhere!

www.fitday.com

Figure out your calories and macros. Start from there.

Morox
04-15-2008, 04:11 PM
It sticks out more in the day because that is when you are consuming food and liquid.

You should have seen what I looked like when I was bulking. I seriously looked like I was pregnant (I'm a male) in the day time because of all the crap I had inside of me. Not only that, my bladder is abnormal and I can hold liquids inside of me for a VERY long period of time without having to use the washroom. Quite funnny...