PDA

View Full Version : Developing a gut..

ProLogic
03-31-2008, 12:11 AM
I have been eating pretty heavily and have been gaining a little weight. Only the weight is not going where I want it to go. I'm getting a damn gut! My stomach is the only thing that is getting "bigger". Whats the deal?!?!

Invain
03-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Genetics. Nothing you can do about it.

Spartan936
03-31-2008, 11:04 AM
It's because you only weigh 112 right now. If you eat anything your stomach is going to appear bigger. Keep eating lots and lifting hard.

ProLogic
04-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Genetics. Nothing you can do about it.

Thats odd, my dad is 5'9 and weighs 180. My mom is 5'7 and weighs 133. My brother who is 1.5 years younger than me weighs 130.

Stray
04-02-2008, 05:34 PM
...don't slip into the mentality that eating more will cause you to get a gut - in order to outweight any girls in your class and shed your twig like appearance, you're gonna need to eat more.

Notorious
04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
You weigh 112 lbs. You don't have a gut.

deeder
04-02-2008, 06:01 PM
You can probably watch a cracker go through your whole digestive system.. Really... You're that skinny.

Don't worry about getting a 'gut'. It'll be a nice change.

Invain
04-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Thats odd, my dad is 5'9 and weighs 180. My mom is 5'7 and weighs 133. My brother who is 1.5 years younger than me weighs 130.

Lol... And? If you think you really have a gut at that body weight than you just have more body fat allocated to your stomach than other poeple. When you gain fat it doesn't distrubute perfectly evenly around your body for most poeple.

Morox
04-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I have been eating pretty heavily and have been gaining a little weight. Only the weight is not going where I want it to go. I'm getting a damn gut! My stomach is the only thing that is getting "bigger". Whats the deal?!?!

You're 5'11" and 112 lbs? You DON'T have a gut. People can probably see your spine from your front.

ProLogic
04-03-2008, 01:14 AM
You weigh 112 lbs. You don't have a gut.

I'm basically saying that the only thing thats "expanding" or "getting bigger" is my stomach. nothing else.

beachmuscles
04-03-2008, 01:18 AM
5'11 and 112 with a GUT? I'm 5'11 and 220lbs and don't have a gut.

deeder
04-03-2008, 01:36 AM
I'm basically saying that the only thing thats "expanding" or "getting bigger" is my stomach. nothing else.

How long have you been bulking? How much weight have you gained? Have you taken progress pics? Measurements?

Chances are that at 5'11 and 112lbs or whatever it was you have an extremely messed up perception of your body. I'd be willing to bet it's all in your head. There's no way you're developing a gut at that height and weight.

Runty
04-03-2008, 08:20 AM
That "gut" you speak of is probably how your stomach is supposed to look. I'd imagine that you used to have a concave area where you "gut" is supposed to be. Eat more and make sure your core is getting worked properly and you'll be just fine. Even with a bit of fat, if you have some decent abs underneath it will look okay.

Guido
04-03-2008, 09:19 AM
You might appear to have a gut only because you have nothing else around your stomach to hide anything (see: pictures of starving Ethiopian kids). Eat the right foods and start lifting some heavy weights (deadlift, squat, bench, cleans, pullups, dips) and you will pack on mass all around.

brihead301
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
The simple solution to this would be to make sure you keep training hard and not skipping workouts. Make sure you do all the major compound lifts in your routine. By training intensely enough, you can be assured that most of the weight gain will be muscle rather then fat.

But I agree with everyone else. @5'11" and 112 lbs. you must be skinny as a rail. I'm 5'11", 190 lbs. and I don't have much of a gut.

RhodeHouse
04-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm in a good mood today...

Eat. If you think you have a gut, go see a shrink. You have bigger problems than a gut if you think that way at 112lbs and 5'11". Maybe if you said you weighed 312lbs.

bjohnso
04-04-2008, 04:46 PM
You might appear to have a gut only because you have nothing else around your stomach to hide anything (see: pictures of starving Ethiopian kids). Eat the right foods and start lifting some heavy weights (deadlift, squat, bench, cleans, pullups, dips) and you will pack on mass all around.

I think those kids are bloated from malnutrition, aren't they?

Either way, OP definitely does not have a gut.

CrazyK
04-04-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm basically saying that the only thing thats "expanding" or "getting bigger" is my stomach. nothing else.Yeah dude it'd be so smart to go on a cut right now. Get down to 90 lbs. before coming back here again you FAT *****!

ProLogic
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah dude it'd be so smart to go on a cut right now. Get down to 90 lbs. before coming back here again you FAT *****!

LMFAO!!! That was hilarious :D:D:D

4g64fiero
04-04-2008, 07:57 PM
:whiner:
This thread is useless without pics.

frankzanewannab
04-04-2008, 09:26 PM
this thread is funny....

nzk
04-05-2008, 09:19 AM
the Ethiopian kids comment is completely unrelated...someone needs to :read:

at 5'11" and 112 lb u are pretty skinny...if u think u may be gaining some fat around the midsection then u need to change ur routine. more compound exercises, heavy weight and low reps. and make sure ur not just eating junk food for those calories, stay away from sugar, fried foods etc. try to get fiber, veggies, good fats, complex carbs, and good protein throughout the day. avoid big heavy meals, try to eat small meals every 3-4 hours. track ur calories and weight using fitday.com.

good luck!

RhodeHouse
04-05-2008, 02:07 PM
the Ethiopian kids comment is completely unrelated...someone needs to :read:

at 5'11" and 112 lb u are pretty skinny...if u think u may be gaining some fat around the midsection then u need to change ur routine. more compound exercises, heavy weight and low reps. and make sure ur not just eating junk food for those calories, stay away from sugar, fried foods etc. try to get fiber, veggies, good fats, complex carbs, and good protein throughout the day. avoid big heavy meals, try to eat small meals every 3-4 hours. track ur calories and weight using fitday.com.

good luck!

That's good advice, but he's 112lbs! He's crackhead skinny! I don't care if he was 4'11". OP, you really need to strap on the feed bag and don't stop eating until you're at least 200lbs. Eat whatever you want. Don't eat crap all the time, but you need to eat a lot of dead animals. Despite what you think, your "gut" is not the only part of your body getting bigger. If it is, your training program sucks. However, I'm going to assume you have a solid program that you got off of this site. Follow it, add weight to every exercise, sleep well (8 hours minimum), and never let yourself get hungry.

You're not a "hardgainer". You're a lazy eater or you don't train hard. It's one or the other. Get after it.