PDA

View Full Version : started UD2 today

Gonzo
03-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Today i started the UD2 diet after reading the book serveral times I think i am ready.
I am a little worried about making it to lunch time without my usual snacks of a power bar and some fruit.
Does THERMOREXIN help with hunger or is ephedra better? I have some thermorexin left over but I do plan on stocking up on epedra next week.
If anyone has some very low carb ideas for snacks i would appreciate it?

Also on thrusday where i have to start on high carbs around dinner time and hit the gym for a full body workout would it be a problem if i did that full body workout Fiday morning?

Gonzo
03-31-2008, 09:35 AM
One other thing... Should i stop taking results on the low carb days i do not believe it tells you how many crabs in it, but i believe dexetrose is high in carbs?

Cirino83
03-31-2008, 09:42 AM
One other thing... Should i stop taking results on the low carb days i do not believe it tells you how many crabs in it, but i believe dexetrose is high in carbs?

Yes. RESULTS definitely does not fit into UD2.

JSully
03-31-2008, 09:48 AM
dont' take results on low carb days..

the carbload follows the tension workout. so do not start the load until you're finished with the workout. i normally would do a pm tension workout thursday then start eating my face off afterwards.

Gonzo
03-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Can i do that full body workout on friday morning since there is no workout then?

Invain
03-31-2008, 09:56 AM
dont' take results on low carb days..

the carbload follows the tension workout. so do not start the load until you're finished with the workout. i normally would do a pm tension workout thursday then start eating my face off afterwards.

If he can only use Results on certain days there's no point in taking it. I'm pretty sure Chris has said himself that the product needs to build up and even when used regularly you don't notice the benefits untill a week or two.

Save your 50 bucks if you can only use Results a couple times a week.

JSully
03-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Can i do that full body workout on friday morning since there is no workout then?

Lyle says in there you can do the workout friday morning, but you can't start the carb load until after the workout. The purpose of the workout is to prime your muscles be ready to absorb all those carbs.

Gonzo
03-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Yea i remeber reading that about the results that you are suppose to take it everyday. I already purchased it though I may just take it on carb load days or i may save it.

Ok that is great I much rather do workouts in the morning since the gym is too crowded at night plus I feel 10 times better throughout the workday when i start it off by going to the gym.

Thanks again for all you help guys I am sure I will be asking more questions throughout the week.

Gonzo
03-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Ok thats great since i much rather a morning workout since the gym is crowded at night plus i feel much better throughout my workday when i hit the gym first thing in the morning.
anyway thanks again for all your help guys i am sure i will have more questions througout the week.

BFGUITAR
03-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Gonzo, dextrose IS carbs

Gonzo
03-31-2008, 11:16 AM
As far as carb loading 8-10 meals with 100-150 grams of carbs can i include a Gatorade with my meal and count that towards my total carbs.

JSully
03-31-2008, 12:26 PM
you'll probably need more carbs than that unless you're pretty light..

and yeah you can include gatorade, though I rarely did. I try to stay away from fructose and sucrose as those go to the liver and not your muscles.

Cirino83
03-31-2008, 12:59 PM
^^ yes unfortunately otherwise I could drink orange juice and get a crapload of carbs :(

Gonzo
03-31-2008, 03:07 PM
LittleJake
Thanks for your input but i am a little confused
you mentioned "I try to stay away from fructose and sucrose..."

in the book he states after the Thursday workout i should follow it with protein shake and some carb souces that contain
glucose with some fructose.
he mentions a product by twinlab Ultrafuel

JSully
03-31-2008, 04:01 PM
yeah.. SOME fructos, I believe he says to keep it less than 100g.

TopCat
03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
As with everyone else, that thursday night I fit in some fructose. Main reasons are that Lyle says a small amount can help with the carb load and it allows me to eat something I have been craving.

The diet is complex and takes a little time to get use to and fully understand. Be sure to post questions throughout the week as you run into them, I am sure you probably will have more.

Slim Schaedle
03-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Gonzo, did you read the book?

It's cool to ask questions and all, but alot of questions are things you should have ironed out before you actually started.

Thurday's carb load DOES NOT start before the tension workout.

Starting the carb load a day prior to the tension workout doesn't make sense either.

Seriously, with the exception of the question about thermorexin, this is all in the book.

Slim Schaedle
03-31-2008, 11:00 PM

There's the carb issue, plus this....

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=1902129&postcount=505

Gonzo
04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Slim Schaedle

Yea i see what you are saying from my first post now that i am reading it again.
I was refering to the 25-30 grams of carbs he says to take before thursday workout.....I was considering that to be the start of the carb load but if you say its after then that is fine no big deal.

I was only talking about the carb load on thursday night because that is when he begins to talk about it in the book.

When i asked if i could move the workout to friday morning then that would move everthing along with it. Including the 25-30 carbs before and the load after, I did not plan on changing the order of the book I should of been more clear.

Thanks

JSully
04-01-2008, 09:18 AM
The 25-30carbs before the workout is to give your muscles the energy needed for the heavier workout and that heavier workout is what primes your muscle and glycogen receptors to get ready to take in the load. Trying to do 6-8 heavy reps with no carbs at all is a nightmare.

Although, I'd say the aboslute hardest workout I've experienced on no carbs would be a boxing workout. Do 30minutes on the heavy bag then get in the ring for 5+ sparring rounds.. you'll walk out with 2 black eyes because at some point, you'll realize that you don't care about getting hit since it requires you move and it hurts more to move. hahaha.

ryuage
04-01-2008, 09:31 AM
the shifting of the tension workout to the morning of the 5th day is addressed in the book. Something along the lines of people don't like a half day of dieting and would rather move it to the next morning... Haven't read it in years, but im pretty damn sure.

Gonzo
04-03-2008, 01:49 PM
should I still have a protein shake after my monday and tuesday workouts as long as I stay under the recommended cals?

Slim Schaedle
04-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Protein is fine, but nothing that would really aid glycogen replenishment.

So, let's say your carb intake was going to be 50g/day.

You still wouldn't want to do something like 25d carbs pre and post.