PDA

View Full Version : Organ meat question

bored_pc_guy
04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
I was just thinking, people take dessicated liver tabs and whatnot... How good is liver while bulking? I know there's a bit of cholesterol, but doesn't that increase or optimize (supposedly) testosterone levels anyway? I like some liver and onions, but looking on that calorie count website, the cholesterol for a 3 oz piece is like 108% the recommended amount... Assuming one is heart healthy how feasible is this? I know that 3 oz isnt enough for me, I have never eaten 3 oz of anything. I just ate 12 oz (wt uncooked) of lean cube steak and like 2 cups of steamed spinach while typing this for example... the protein/fat/carb ratio is REALLY tempting. Also, what is the general consensus on organ meat?

Thoughts?

Invain
04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Don't worry about cholesterol in food. It really doesn't do much in terms of raising your actual cholesterol levels.

Nothing wrong with liver, eat up!

Spartan936
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
what Invain said.

Given that you are lifting and controling your calories, I say eat all the satured fat and cholesterol you want.

I take this approach, and everytime I count my macronutrients (www.fitday.com) saturated fat still only makes up around 1/3 of my total fat intake.