PDA

View Full Version : Time to get serious

txmike1
04-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I've been reading everything I can to learn how to get stronger. I've tried this program and that program, made this excuse and that excuse. I've improved my lifts, but I'm nowhere near where I need to be.

I've been asking myself why someone that lives in Omaha and wants to be a serious powerlifter doesn't train at Big Iron.

To be honest, beats the ***** outta me!

So, I stopped asking myself and went and checked it out - and can proudly say I'm their newest member.

It's all over but the crying now. I know that nobody but me can lift the weights that will make me stronger, but having people push you I think is a major step to getting where I want to be. No more excuses, no more BS....

Time to get serious and finally GET STRONG!

Ben Moore
04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Nice, great decision man

Travis Bell
04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
best decision you've ever made for your Pling. You won't regret BIG, they are some great lifters. Keep us posted on how your training goes

txmike1
04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
thanks guys! My plan is to slink in, spot, work in, open my eyes, shut my mouth (except when giving encouragement to other lifters of course), and do whatever Coach Hussey, Becca, and all the other great lifters say to do!

And if that doesn't get me where I want to be, I'll eat more because we all know THAT fixes everything those folks can't! hehehehe (at 5'10" 270 I've never had a problem with eating more LOL)

deeder
04-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Good luck at the new gym! Having good training partners will make all the difference in the world!

vdizenzo
04-03-2008, 05:42 AM
Best decision you could have made. Try not to ask too many quesitons, pay close attention, spot, load, train hard, and you will be considered a great assest to the team. Not to mention you will make great progress. Best of luck.