PDA

View Full Version : Protein other then Chicken

beachmuscles
04-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Wow. I've been super busy with classes and haven't had any time (other then too train) and eat, so I haven't cooked up and chicken breasts. I realized without them I'm clueless.

Yesterday my whole food protein sources we're 3 cans of tuna and 1 cup of cottage cheese.

What do you guys do when you don't have grilled chicken on hand? Also would you guys ever buy chicken (cooked) from a local healthy restaurant? Sometime I'm strapped for time or don't organize myself properly and I'm out of chicken.

Do you guys have back up sources for when times get crazy? I'm not a big fan of egg whites...Usually on Sundays I cook in bulk but I was so pressed for time this week, that I didn't get a chance.

mistergalarza
04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
ground beef sir... just made a bunch today.

and personally, unless you're getting ready for a competition, a local Chicken Kitchen is great for a grilled breast!

beachmuscles
04-02-2008, 11:01 PM
ground beef sir... just made a bunch today.

and personally, unless you're getting ready for a competition, a local Chicken Kitchen is great for a grilled breast!

Dude where do you live...I was actually going to put "Chicken Kitchen" in my post...Do you go there? I go there seldomly and was wondering if the chicken breasts are fine from there? I went there once and picked up 6 breasts, and it wasn't too bad $$ wise, I just question the nutrition facts, is it clean?

Also what do you usually get from there? I usually get a cuban chop chop with yellow rice...

Slim Schaedle
04-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow. I've been super busy with classes and haven't had any time (other then too train) and eat, so I haven't cooked up and chicken breasts. I realized without them I'm clueless.

Yesterday my whole food protein sources we're 3 cans of tuna and 1 cup of cottage cheese.

What do you guys do when you don't have grilled chicken on hand? Also would you guys ever buy chicken (cooked) from a local healthy restaurant? Sometime I'm strapped for time or don't organize myself properly and I'm out of chicken.

Do you guys have back up sources for when times get crazy? I'm not a big fan of egg whites...Usually on Sundays I cook in bulk but I was so pressed for time this week, that I didn't get a chance.

Super quick would be sliced prepackaged meat, tuna packets, beef jerky.

csi
04-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Yogurt not much but 5-6g for one of those cups

Nuts: I stick to almonds personally but occasionally have some Walnuts. These are full of good fats and plenty of protein. 5-6g for 1/4 cup.
Peanut butter!

Protein bars: Yes most are filled with a lot of unwanted garbage but my bars are 30g a piece.

Anyway ya you are best off with Turkey, Chicken, Fish, eggs route.

beachmuscles
04-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Super quick would be sliced prepackaged meat, tuna packets, beef jerky.

I keep researching the quality of Boars Head Deli Turkey...It seems to be perfect, but I've seen people knock it?

Slim Schaedle
04-03-2008, 01:04 AM
I keep researching the quality of Boars Head Deli Turkey...It seems to be perfect, but I've seen people knock it?

Not sure on that brand, but anything pre packaged is loaded with sodium, preservatives, etc.

Not saying sodium is bad, although there may be reasons to avoid or limit it, depending on the individual.

beachmuscles
04-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Not sure on that brand, but anything pre packaged is loaded with sodium, preservatives, etc.

Not saying sodium is bad, although there may be reasons to avoid or limit it, depending on the individual.

It's not prepackaged, you have to order it at the deli.

Heres the nutrition facts:

http://www.boarshead.com/BHNutritionGuide_3510NutBook6_07.pdf

They have "Low-sodium" turkey...But I was wondering I know preservatives aren't the best for you healthwise, but do they have any effects on appearance/progress?

Ozz
04-03-2008, 01:15 PM
You can get turkey ground like beef is. It makes a great spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli. A turkey burger would likely be well out of the realm of my tastes though. With that said, I recommend it.

Notorious
04-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Milk.

BFGUITAR
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
If your that strapped for time just make a protein shake!

thewicked
04-03-2008, 05:28 PM
http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=16

EASIEST way to get high quality protien in your system! Just pre package it in baggies and open it into a bottle of water or milk or keep in a shaker cup with you. Talk about convenient and the best part is that you don't have to keep it in a cooler, etc. With me being in school, shakes are EASY ways to keep up with my food intake.

Cans of tuna with a pop top, pre cooked steak is my favorite, deli slices of whatever you're in the mood for tend to keep well. Hamburger has already been mentioned...your options are endless but a quality supplement like NITREAN is a must.