PDA

View Full Version : Not gaining weight blah balh.. please read.

blacknapolean
04-04-2008, 12:19 AM
So i've bene lifting since September on and off. On for the most part. My goal was to Bench 135 and Squat/Deadlift 225. I can do the squat and dlift. Guess what I cant do? Bench more than 115.

I weight 135ish, i've weighed that for about a year and a half
I'm 5'6ish
I do WBB1
I'm 18, 19 in a few months.
I thought my diet would skyrocket in college but it hasnt. I try but time is tough. When I go home I KNOW i wont be able to eat that much food, its much more expensive and time consuming when you dont have food from scholarships ;-)

I'm desperate. I'm willing to take w/e supplements i can. I can gaurentee myself about 2k calories a day during the summer. I can make bars to push that up to 2500 maybe...

My question is.... What weight gainers or any type of supplements should i take to give me lots of calories? I'm willing to pay up to $200 for a months supply of anything that will give me great gains.

deeder
04-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Umm... Why not spend that 200$ a month on food?

ProLogic
04-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Food is always the best way to gain weight. A little McDonalds now and then won't hurt. 2k calories is hardly enough to gain weight. You need to be packing down 3k minimum.

deeder
04-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Food is always the best way to gain weight. A little McDonalds now and then won't hurt. 2k calories is hardly enough to gain weight. You need to be packing down 3k minimum.

I was cutting on about 3200 cals a day until about 6 days ago. It very much depends on the person.

blacknapolean, instead of blowing 200$ a month on supplements... But 200$ worth of eggs, tuna, peanut butter and olive oil. You'll thank me later.

ProLogic
04-04-2008, 01:10 AM
I was cutting on about 3200 cals a day until about 6 days ago. It very much depends on the person.

blacknapolean, instead of blowing 200$ a month on supplements... But 200$ worth of eggs, tuna, peanut butter and olive oil. You'll thank me later.

He didn't mention if he was a hard or easy gainer :D:D

csi
04-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Seriously you will need to "train" your stomach by eating a lot. It will be uncomfortable but you need a lot of calories to fuel growth. Supplements are here to "fill-in" literally supplement any particular area you are deficient in. It is difficult but if you are eating well, you can actually easily get by without any supplements. For most people that is difficult to achieve so protein powders are the most common supplement used.

So my advice? Research into the diet and foods you should be eating. Get your diet in check and then make sure your routine is solid. There is a wealth of information on this forum. ONLY AFTER you have done these things don't even think about supplements.

Negi
04-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Eat!
$200 is easily enough for food a month. Train your stomach to hold the food down. Try get 1000 calories each time you eat and if you can only eat little do it often.
I was your weight and it took me about a month to fill comfortable eating that amount everyday. But when you see the scales and see the 4lbs go on every 10 days it's pure bliss!

deeder
04-04-2008, 07:28 AM
Eat!
$200 is easily enough for food a month. Train your stomach to hold the food down. Try get 1000 calories each time you eat and if you can only eat little do it often.
I was your weight and it took me about a month to fill comfortable eating that amount everyday. But when you see the scales and see the 4lbs go on every 10 days it's pure bliss!

Speak for yourself :evillaugh:

frankzanewannab
04-04-2008, 07:44 AM
200 dollars is easily enough for food a month?? @#$%^&*
i wish.

however, i would certainly put that 2 bones towards food vs weight gainers. GOOD food.

Unreal
04-04-2008, 08:48 AM
That is about $6.50 a day. You can easily get 2000+ calories worth of food for that much. Eggs, PB, oats, whey, milk. Hell, a gallon of milk at $3-4 daily would be a solid 2560 calories in a gallon of whole milk.

frank
04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
That is about $6.50 a day. You can easily get 2000+ calories worth of food for that much. Eggs, PB, oats, whey, milk. Hell, a gallon of milk at $3-4 daily would be a solid 2560 calories in a gallon of whole milk.

bad for cholesterol to drink a gallon of whole milk? if hes concerned with that. i prefer skim but w/e

RhodeHouse
04-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Stop making excuses and do what needs to be done. You need to find the best way to get whole food in your system. Supplements are just that - supplements.

Bako Lifter
04-05-2008, 02:59 PM
My shake has more calories than you eat in a day.

bigmoney
04-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Listen to what they say man. You are simply not eating enough. There is NO other way around it. The faster your realize this, the better you will be.

Murmur1
04-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Try working a little more at the "on" part. Also 2500 calories is not a maybe, its a must.

Try getting 2% milk, whey protein supp., tuna in oil, turkey ham, hamburgers, and egg whites. The foods are easy to prepare. Put the whey into the milk. Open a can of tuna and eat. Make a turkey ham sandwich. Buy a burger. Boil some eggs.

eruss2090
04-10-2008, 07:21 AM
As everyone else said you need to get your calories up to 3000 a day minimum. And i'm assuming that you eat normally and you weren't planning on all of you money on supplements as opposed to food, cytogainer by cytosport 3 times a day, as a weight gainer, works for me along with a healthy diet.