PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift question...

Lewy23
04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but does squat briefs help your deadlift at all? Just curious... Thanks!

Lewy

strongkid963
04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but does squat briefs help your deadlift at all? Just curious... Thanks!

Lewy

yes, on sumo. But I pull conventional and they didn't help much at all.

ACaslow
04-04-2008, 01:17 PM
if you deadlift in a sumo stance absolutely. Just lower yourself against the brief, don't put yourself in a pulling position were you don't fight the brief, fight against the brief to lower yourself and this will put you were the brief will most likely pop the hardest as it is stretched the furthest.

If you pull conventional, the briefs will not help you much if at all. the only way really is if you have a semi wide stance for sumo and/or you have short arms and are able to lower your hips very low and push hard on the heels without raising your hips. This is very tough to do pulling conventional and not exactly optimal.

Lewy23
04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
cool, I was thinking about getting a pair of briefs for squatting and I was just curious if they helped with deads. Thanks for the help!

Lewy

Ben Moore
04-04-2008, 02:03 PM
if you deadlift in a sumo stance absolutely. Just lower yourself against the brief, don't put yourself in a pulling position were you don't fight the brief, fight against the brief to lower yourself and this will put you were the brief will most likely pop the hardest as it is stretched the furthest.

If you pull conventional, the briefs will not help you much if at all. the only way really is if you have a semi wide stance for sumo and/or you have short arms and are able to lower your hips very low and push hard on the heels without raising your hips. This is very tough to do pulling conventional and not exactly optimal.
Pfffft, what do you know about deadlifting? ;)

SGT ROCK
04-04-2008, 02:11 PM
These guys are right. For sumo DEFINITELY. For conventional, if you get the suit SUPER TIGHT, there is seldom a need for them.

Semper Fi

Lewy23
04-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Do all of you guys pull SUMO?

jtteg_x
04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
i tried titan briefs (the standard singly ply ones) underneath my suit and it threw me off for sumo pulling.

thewicked
04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
if you pull sumo they're great..for us conventional pullers they suck ass. Problem is fighting them to get down deep enough in your stance. Most people get them on and can't get into their usual position and end up having to use all lower back to can it.. which sucks.

never know til you try! Most briefs are relatively inexpensive in the scheme of things.