PDA

View Full Version : Back injury

chris mason
04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, I blew out my back on Wednesday. I have some numbness and weakness in my right leg as of now. I will be seeing a chiro on Monday. Not good... I am a bit depressed right now.:(

fpr
04-04-2008, 04:59 PM
a chiro? Wouldn't it help if you saw an MD?

Rusty
04-04-2008, 05:00 PM
That sucks Chris, hopefully it's not too bad. How'd you do it?

SGT ROCK
04-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I would def see the chiro first, immediately followed by the MD in this instance. Dont worry yet...chiros can perform near miracles Chris. I good chiro can direct you to a MD with a sports med background.

Semper Fi

bill
04-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Hope it's not anything to serious, quick recovery.

joey54
04-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Get well soon Chris!

Detard
04-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh **** chris, hopefully its nothing TOO serious. Good luck man.

Ben Moore
04-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Sorry bud - make sure and get x-rays and MRI's done to see to what extent...

Hazerboy
04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah I'm interested in how it happened too... this sort of injury is usually the thing layman claim will happen if you do good mornings, deadlifts, or squats with heavy weight, and we respond with: "Naw, not if you have good form."

HP666
04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, I blew out my back on Wednesday. I have some numbness and weakness in my right leg as of now. I will be seeing a chiro on Monday. Not good... I am a bit depressed right now.:(

I feel for you Chris, I'm having a problem as well, also with my back. Although at the moment it doesn't appear to be as serious as yours. It was bothering me a bit on speed day Tuesday, and today it was really bothering me on max day today. It's not my lower back, but sort of my mid-upper back, just to the right of my spine. When I'm actually squatting it doesn't bother me at all, but when I first lift the bar and set up, when I'm tight, it feels like someone is stabbing me in the back, or like it's crushing that part of my back, but only that spot that's about six inches long or so. Strange. A friend of mine suggested going to a Chiropractor, but I've never gone before, I may just give it a whirl now.

But hey man, it's easy to feel depressed, but F%$! it, life is too short, it's just a temporary setback. Sucks getting old, doesn't it!!!!! :thumbup: (And I say that as an old guy)

nhlfan
04-04-2008, 07:42 PM
chiros work wonders chris, don't worry about it too hard yet.

Ryan Celli
04-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Chris, how did you blow your back out??

chris mason
04-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I just overtrained by going very heavy (for me) on totally raw deadlifts for the past 5 weeks or so. I was pulling 695 lbs conventional (no belt) and my back just had enough.

My own stupidity really.

Travis Bell
04-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Try not to beat yourself up too much Chris. Injuries are a part of training, it doesn't mean your stupid. Thats a real bummer non the less, I'm sorry to hear it happened.

From my own personal experience (take it for what its worth) if there isn't a really sharp pain, there is hope that its not major. Could be you just torqued it weird. Keep us updated on what the chiro says

Built
04-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Please see the doctor first. Chiros can indeed be tremendously helpful, but get an x-ray first, and if possible, an MRI.

What part of your back is blown out, lower? Near the hip? Or higher up?

Slim Schaedle
04-05-2008, 03:31 AM
I will set you up an appointment with Dr. Schaedle up here in Cincy...but it's going to cost you alot of free results in exchange.

Good luck though.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-05-2008, 05:33 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this. You'll come back stronger than before.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

chris mason
04-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks all for the well wishes. On a positive note, it seems to be improving a bit each day, so hopefully it is not as serious as I first feared.

Chris

BPM Osgood
04-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Hey Brother, So Sorry to hear about this... 695 DL without a Belt is Crazy Lift Bro! Thats just sick! I wish you the best Chris, Keep your Head up and you'll be back hitting the weights Soon!

Sensei
04-05-2008, 07:54 AM
I just overtrained by going very heavy (for me) on totally raw deadlifts for the past 5 weeks or so. I was pulling 695 lbs conventional (no belt) and my back just had enough.

My own stupidity really.This is exactly what happens everytime I injure myself - overreaching too hard for too long (usually more than 3 weeks of concentrated loading for me).

Sorry to hear about your injury Chris. Hang in there.

Paul Stagg
04-05-2008, 10:44 AM
If you can still walk and are not in so much pain that your day consists of laying on the sofa moaning, you'll be OK. :)

If your legs are involved, I'd suggest getting an xray and mri to make sure everything is OK structurally.

thewicked
04-05-2008, 10:51 AM

just a tweak buddy... don't let it beat you down untli you know for sure what's up. Same thing happened to me three weeks ago but it went away after a weeks time.

Lones Green
04-05-2008, 11:10 AM
thats not good man! good thing it keeps getting better each day.

bigmoney
04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
sorry to hear that chris. I did something similar a few months back and i was 100% in 5-6 weeks

Chubrock
04-05-2008, 04:39 PM
You'll be good to go after a bit Chris. No worries man. I tore quite a few muscles in my lower back and ended up with a bulge in L4-L5. After taking 4-6 weeks off any lower work, I'm able to get back into some heavy weight. You've just got to learn to listen to your body.

joelhall
04-07-2008, 04:39 AM
any pain down the leg or in the lower back? or was there a popping noise when it happened?

you could have trapped the sciatic nerve. i did this and it came on and off for months on end.

hope it all goes well.