PDA

View Full Version : The start of my cut....

chopsticks
04-06-2008, 09:28 AM
So I have gone from 145 to 166 which is where I am in these pictures. I am fairly happy with the added weight as the bulk was semi clean and this is really my first time cutting or bulking seriously. Just want to get the body right for the boat this summer. My goal is to cut down to 150 by May 7 as my diet is going to start on monday. Any input yall want to add is greatly appreciated, what body fat do you think I am at. If I had to guess I would say 15-18?

cphafner
04-06-2008, 10:14 AM
You worked hard to gain 20lbs, now your are going to turn around and drop 15 of it? You will burn a ton of your earned muscle.

chopsticks
04-06-2008, 07:46 PM
but I thought that was the point? Aren't you supossed to gain muscle along with some fat and then burn the fat off / retain the muscle you gained?

Nosaj
04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Read up on carb cycling. Don't put a weight you need to cut down too, that's a recipe for inefficiency. Set a body fat % you'd like to get too. Say you're at 15% now (give or take 2-3%), set a goal for say 10% (so the goal is to lose 5% bf). Get your bf tested (doesn't really matter what the results are as long as you can use them in comparisson later to see when you've lost 5%) and then start carb cycling while lifting heavy. Drop your calories 10-20%, nothing drastic as you don't want to lose the LBM you've worked so hard to gain.

Overall, you're looking good man. Best of luck on the cut (cutting sucks!) and look forward to seeing the results. Post up on the nutrition forums when you have questions about diet/cutting, just don't make the mistake of cutting calories out too fast or you WILL lose muscle.

chopsticks
04-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Nosaj - thanks for the advice I definitely need it. This is my first go around with bulking/cutting. I think 10% is a really good goal to try to reach. Don't get me wrong I really like the size I have put on I just want to get the abs back and from reading on here abs are all about diet. Anyway thanks for the input.