PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for NAS comp.

Just_Moe
04-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok I think I have this in the right place. TSP announced in their newsletter than the NAS will be holding a Strongman/woman comp in August of 2008 in Saugus MA. They have not finalized the details so I do not know what events they do, but the newsletter stated no track events, just short and heavy.

So, I have 4-5 mos to train. I am thinking 4 mos so I can finish a cut I am on. However, i want to start the training in 2 weeks and let the diet die in 4 weeks or so.

I have a big tire but it is only about 300 or so pounds, kicks my ass for 8 reps tho. I have membership to a PL gym etc.

My questions are, how does one begin to train for this? I mean, aside from DL and flip the tire. I am looking for ideas for the stones, since I do not have 300 pound boulders in my yard. Any other ideas you can throw at me?

I am a strong girl and am not afraid of getting stronger and my husband says he is ok with it as well ;)

So any ideas, tips , concerns, criticism etc...lay it on me!

Thanks!

Moe

Ben Moore
04-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Can you get to TPS to train with the implements? There's things you can do in the gym but none that will do as well as the real things.

Just_Moe
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi Ben, I can get there, but it would be maybe monthly at most. You mean to actually try the fingers and stones etc?

When I find out what the events will be of course I will be better suited to train for the events.
I will drop Murph and email and see if he can let me in on what may be happening there.

Thanks very much for your reply!
Also...i have giant tire envy..nice AVi!

deeder
04-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Ben, I can get there, but it would be maybe monthly at most. You mean to actually try the fingers and stones etc?

When I find out what the events will be of course I will be better suited to train for the events.
I will drop Murph and email and see if he can let me in on what may be happening there.

Thanks very much for your reply!
Also...i have giant tire envy..nice AVi!

Once a month is better than never!

Just_Moe
04-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Once a month is better than never!

absolutely!

Ben Moore
04-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Find out what the events are and I can help you with some gym work. And once a month is better than none. You'll learn a ton just getting over there 3-4 times between now and the comp.

Just_Moe
04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Ok I emailed the gym and yes I can pay just $10 and have a day pass! Thanks for the idea!
Ben i will certainly be asking for tips and advice as soon as the events are posted on The Anvil...they are suppose to be up this week....
Thanks again!