PDA

View Full Version : EXTREMELY frustrated

xstalkrx
04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
22 years old. 6'1. 167 pounds.

I cant seem to gain weight.

I have cytogainer...and muscle milk collegiate. I try to eat all the time...I just dont know how to eat WELL and eat A LOT. I mean...you can eat chicken breast all day long but there are hardly any calories.

I just dont know what to do.

bjohnso
04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
How many calories are you getting? And how long have you been weighing yourself while you are trying to gain?

Built
04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
www.fitday.com

Track your intake. Average it over a few days.

Now eat 500-1000 calories a day more than this.

dynamo
04-06-2008, 05:04 PM
eat peanut butter and almonds you can hit 5000 Cals before noon. assuming you wake up by 10 and like pb & almonds. be creative.

Notorious
04-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Drink a lot of milk, make shakes, etc.

Basically, liquid calories.

cphafner
04-06-2008, 05:08 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

borracho
04-07-2008, 07:12 AM
whole milk
cytogainer
PB
oats
banana
ice cream

blend it...and I am sure the out come will be > 1k calories...more like 1.5k.

Now make that two times a day along with a **** ton of chicken and beef...and viola...you'll be a fatty.

joelhall
04-07-2008, 07:36 AM
a weight gainer wont work wonders without good eating, its just a supplement.
some beef, eggs, fruit, milk, pork, fish, etc. good food in good serving sizes.

as long as the food is good stuff just have more and eat about 6 odd times a day.

im not strictly a bodybuilder, but i do of course have to build my muscles to lift nice big weights.

i always have a good brekky. changes according to the day, so a couple of days ill have a salmon fillet whole grain toast, peanut butter, soft cheese and fruit and juice. a few more ill have cereal like weetabix, milk, honey and a bit of protein powder in it. two days a week ill have a nice big fry up. this is always 20 minutes or so after a protein drink, soon as i wake up.

then ill pile on good food all day, pasta with sauce and steak. chicken in curries with rice (my mums from india so this isnt the crap ready meal stuff - lots of veggies and stuff in it)... goes on like that every two or three hours.

BUT - in between i have a half serving of whey (not a mass gainer, i only have them after training or in the rare occaisions when food isnt available). when i started doing this between every meal, i recovered faster, my body fat dropped and i got more muscular - and of course i was lifting more:D. so every hour theres something going in!

just dont forget to vary things, so you dont get bored and not feel like eating, and use a supplement to do just that - supplement your diet:)

joel

dougyp
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I've gained 25-30 lbs while using Cytogainer, and I have a metabolism of a lab rat on meth. Get your shake in the morning, let it slide through your gut for about an hour and then get to eatin. Eggs, pancakes, bacon. LIFT hard, have another shake. Wait an hour, eat a huge meal. Wait 2 hours. Eat another huge meal. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Before bed drink a quart of milk with your shakel. It can't get any simpler, if you do this and don't start gaining weight then you are an alien and should give up.

RhodeHouse
04-07-2008, 12:40 PM
McDonalds once a day. And, stop crying about not being able to gain weight. You're not trying hard enough. Shut up and eat. Problem solved.

dougyp
04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
McDonalds once a day. And, stop crying about not being able to gain weight. You're not trying hard enough. Shut up and eat. Problem solved.

Haha... agreed. Except for the fast food...

TopCat
04-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Haha... agreed. Except for the fast food...

Gaining weight is Rhode's specialty. This case even more so because the OP just needs to put learn how to put on weight and that he can. If it takes him eating a double cheese burger so be it. Leaving out the McD's might be optimal, but OP has to gain weight before being too picky about the composition of that weight.

Learn to track your calories and eat what you enjoy until you learn how to properly control your weight.

North
04-07-2008, 11:58 PM

honestly... i don't see how people can't gain weight in their younger years without trying. Even if its hard, its still a simple matter of just eating more.

nhlfan
04-08-2008, 12:21 AM
2 double cheese at mcdonalds in my town are $2.93. I know this well.

do you?

RhodeHouse
04-08-2008, 03:58 PM
honestly... i don't see how people can't gain weight in their younger years without trying. Even if its hard, its still a simple matter of just eating more.

You hit the nail on the head

Ramstein85
04-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Dynamo and Notorious said it. Get ****loads of almonds (non roasted/salted jsut plain freaking almonds) snack on them and get those calories in using bulk shakes. search bulk shakes and you will find a million recipes. peace.

T FLEX
04-08-2008, 09:07 PM
22 years old. 6'1. 167 pounds.

I cant seem to gain weight... I just dont know what to do.

Boo Freakn Hoo! :cry: :D

Don't feel too bad. Check my stats. :eek: I guarantee if you track your calories to see if you are taking in enough calories you'll see your not. I didn't start gaining weight until I did this. Get some healthy fats in your diet, chicken is good food but you're not going to get big just eating a bird. Do as the others said and throw down some home brewed shakes :drooling: Good luck!

RhodeHouse
04-08-2008, 09:18 PM
McDonalds is the answer - period. Fast food is a great tool for weight gain problems. Almonds and olive oil are all fine and dandy, but eat some McDonalds and you'll get bigger. Truer words have never been spoken.

deeder
04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Boo Freakn Hoo! :cry: :D

Don't feel too bad. Check my stats. :eek: I guarantee if you track your calories to see if you are taking in enough calories you'll see your not. I didn't start gaining weight until I did this. Get some healthy fats in your diet, chicken is good food but you're not going to get big just eating a bird. Do as the others said and throw down some home brewed shakes :drooling: Good luck!

LOL again @ the 150lb 6'1 guy giving weight gain advice!!

McDonalds is the answer - period. Fast food is a great tool for weight gain problems. Almonds and olive oil are all fine and dandy, but eat some McDonalds and you'll get bigger. Truer words have never been spoken.

Agreed.

However, there's no reason to get fat when you don't have to in my opinion. The OP at 6'1 and 167lbs probably just has no idea what eating a lot means. He doesn't need a big dirty bulk... He needs to learn to eat. After all, eating 1 chicken nugget won't get him big anyway! That's probably what he had in mind after reading your advice :evillaugh:

RhodeHouse
04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
LOL again @ the 150lb 6'1 guy giving weight gain advice!!

Agreed.

However, there's no reason to get fat when you don't have to in my opinion. The OP at 6'1 and 167lbs probably just has no idea what eating a lot means. He doesn't need a big dirty bulk... He needs to learn to eat. After all, eating 1 chicken nugget won't get him big anyway! That's probably what he had in mind after reading your advice :evillaugh:

If you train properly, you won't get fat.